Members Say Hello Here!

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Hello everyone,
I bought my first EV sports car Taycan Turbo S last month, and I am slowly learning more about it. Thanks to all the contributors who share essential info about their vehicles. I traded my Panamera to this one, and I totally satisfied with the response and handling of this vehicle.

BxTaycan.jpg
Those are nice wheels! Did you special order them?

Infant

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes.
Country flag
Started reading a week or two ago... Joined today. Hi!

Been a car enthusiast for as long as I can remember. Have owned many types of different cars, including multiple Porsches and flashy-things-from-Italy.

Have owned a Tesla P85D previously (a few years ago) which I got rid of after just a few weeks - it really was a huge disappointment in terms of driving experience and quality. This is my first EV since, and I absolutely love it.

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! image3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Howdy, just purchased my Metallic White 4S a couple of weeks ago. Will post pics elsewhere when I get time. Still keep an OG Tesla Model S P85, and the wife drives a Model X.

So far loving the 4S. The driving experience is second to none, and it is such a gorgeous vehicle. It makes you smile every time you see it and get behind the wheel. I find myself just going to the garage to look at it a few times a day.

I just wish the technology and app support wasn't such dogshit. My 7 year old Tesla is still technologically superior to a vehicle built just a couple of months ago. Having gone through some of the growing pains with early Tesla ownership, I hope this will improve, but so far the customer support from Porsche has been worse than Tesla, which I didn't know was possible.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Hi from sunny staffordshire, UK.
Just completed order for my new company car (EV tax breaks are great!) - 4S - Nov build slot with delivery in December I hope (otherwise I face additional costs due to stupid Brexit!).

j_scheetz

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, mr2 Spyder, countach, 944 turbo, 914
Country flag
My wife picked up her 4S at the Atlanta Porsche Experience last week. What an amazing day. Got an hour and half in a Taycan Turbo on the track. Launch mode -- just makes you laugh out loud.
45 minutes on the track driving hard, calipers got warm to the touch. Handling is incredible. You'd never guess it weighs as much as it does. Averaged 3.2 m/kw at 75 mph for the 180 miles home.

Here is a shot at our house

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! JWS_5247.JPG

ecodiver

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, Cayenne Coup Hybrid
Country flag
OK, just join the forum, but have been browsing here for about a month after deciding that the Taycan would be my first all electric vehicle. I have been excited about this car since the Mission E came out several years ago. I had contemplated a Tesla, but I couldn't get on board with the interior, and overall performance. At first I was thinking the 4S would be my choice, but after awhile of reviewing comments here and looking at reviews on YouTube, decided that the Turbo was the one for me. I started by just looking around locally (3 Porsche dealers) for a vehicle on the lot, but couldn't find anything close to the options I was considering. I was looking for something that had the look of the iconic Mission E. Then I spread my search nationwide, and contemplated several turbo models that were close to my specifications. And of course the more I looked the more options I considered essential. So after many days of looking, and reviewing the new options on the 2021 Taycan, I decided that the only way to go was to factory order.
With the updated Configurator, I went down the list and added all the essentials to configure the Turbo as close to the Mission E as possible. I did consider the Turbo S, but with the added expense (Approx. 25K) and my preference for the white detail in the Turbo's front grill and rear end, I stuck to the Turbo. The options I really like in the new '21 Taycan is the Glacier blue Porsche light strip and the HUD. I placed my order today, with a deliver sometime in January. I'm so excited I can hardly wait! Thanks to everyone for your posts that helped me make my option decisions. :cool:

Cabsav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Howdy, just purchased my Metallic White 4S a couple of weeks ago. Will post pics elsewhere when I get time. Still keep an OG Tesla Model S P85, and the wife drives a Model X.

So far loving the 4S. The driving experience is second to none, and it is such a gorgeous vehicle. It makes you smile every time you see it and get behind the wheel. I find myself just going to the garage to look at it a few times a day.

I just wish the technology and app support wasn't such dogshit. My 7 year old Tesla is still technologically superior to a vehicle built just a couple of months ago. Having gone through some of the growing pains with early Tesla ownership, I hope this will improve, but so far the customer support from Porsche has been worse than Tesla, which I didn't know was possible.
I collected my Turbo in Volcano Grey on Friday afternoon. It is actually my second Taycan, great car to drive and superior build quality but as you say the technology is dreadful compared to Tesla. At least with Porsche you can get a human being on the telephone although they don't have a clue, merely apologise and raise at ticket with Porsche AG in Germany. My car has endless connectivity issues, same as the first one, but I am sure with time they will get it right with time!

Obiwanpat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Country flag
Hello, Patrick from France, dreaming of that Taycan ! I was close to buy a 4s but finally waiting for the 2s in Europe ..

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Hi,
Placed my order for a 4S last week. 1 month of dithering cost me 2 months in the queue! All being well expected Feb 2021 delivery, so will take it in March. 1st EV and 3rd Porsche. Can't wait... Let's hope Bozza doesn't stuff the negotiations and cost us a tariff.

Susy221

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda civic
Country flag
Howdy!
Name's Susan, I'm working hard to get rid of my old civic and buy a new Taycan Turbo :)
wish me good luck
I'm writing a review blog, don't be shy to check it out;)

Last edited:

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
Hello All,

Just a quick intro

My name is John, living in the UK (Doncaster area)

I have the following on order (due to leave the factory next week) so hoping for delivery mid november according to the dealer (COVID and lockdown dependent obviously) :facepalm:

Taycan 4s

Carrara White Metallic
Black / Crayon smooth extended leather
Electric folding mirrors
Side Window Trims in Gloss Black
Deletion of Model Designation
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Performance Battery Plus
Sport Chrono Package
21 inch Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels
Wheels painted in Black (high gloss)
Automatically dimming mirrors
Privacy Glass
Park Assist including Reversing Camera
Adaptive Sports Seats (18-Way Electric with Memory Package)
Steering Wheel Heating
Accent Package Neodyme
Smoker Package
Porsche Crest on Headrests (front seats)
Door Sill Guards brushed aluminium in Black
BOSE Surround Sound System
Mobile Charger Connect

Porsche Code PMPRC3C8

My previous car was a 2018 BMW M3 Competition which was a very good car and was sad to see it go. I am running around in a little Audi A1 until delivery of the Taycan, so it cant come quick enough.

Looking forward to interacting on here and learning / sharing lots over the coming months.

Hope all are keeping safe and washing those hands :handsinair:
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! iris
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! iris (2)
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! iris (5)
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! iris (4)