Members Say Hello Here!

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
nice!
good to see a white one without the mission-e look for a change!
Thanks, yes I was tempted with the "mission e" wheels but the forced brake upgrade made it an expensive option. Plus I thought the "misson e" wheels were very common as you say so it would be nice to have something a little different. :like:

Only thing I sort of regret is not going for crayon. It was a hard choice as I had not seen one in the flesh or even a photograph of one before the lockdown of the spec was needed. I saw the picture of one on here yesterday and have to say it looks great in that colour...
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks, yes I was tempted with the "mission e" wheels but the forced brake upgrade made it an expensive option. Plus I thought the "misson e" wheels were very common as you say so it would be nice to have something a little different. :like:
Aren't those wheels twice as expensive as Mission E wheels? :p

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
Aren't those wheels twice as expensive as Mission E wheels? :p
No they are around £200 more expensive but you dont then need to upgrade to the ceramic coated brakes at circa £2.5k. Just to clarify the wheels are not carbon option ones, just the ones with the blades painted in gloss black :)

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Hello all

I joined the forum today and after reading a few posts I thought I’d drop in this thread to say “Hello”

Earlier this month I paid my deposit on a 4s with an initial build of £98k. Delivery for this vehicle isn’t until March so I haven’t finalised the build yet. My original choice was frozen blue, mission E wheels and the panoramic roof but it looks like I’m going to change to Crayon, with 21” Taycan wheels (with black gloss) and metal roof. I’ll probably change my mind again before I contact my dealer to let him know my final choice.... :p

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Hello all
I joined the forum today and after reading a few posts I thought I’d drop in this thread to say “Hello”
Hi Gary, welcome

I’ll probably change my mind again before I contact my dealer to let him know my final choice.... :p
That's almost guaranteed! The pull of the Configurator is too strong..

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello all

Earlier this month I paid my deposit on a 4s with an initial build of £98k. Delivery for this vehicle isn’t until March so I haven’t finalised the build yet. My original choice was frozen blue, mission E wheels and the panoramic roof but it looks like I’m going to change to Crayon, with 21” Taycan wheels (with black gloss) and metal roof. I’ll probably change my mind again before I contact my dealer to let him know my final choice.... :p
Gary -

No wet blanket intended, but your original configuration sounded pretty cool to me. PLUS, the Mission E wheels are unique and you're going to get lots of feedback on those - other cars don't have them. I would be happy with those wheels on many different colors (including Crayon).

I can speak from personal experience and say that the panorama roof turned out to be a plus for me. I initially was concerned about heat and glare while driving, but it turned out to not be an issue.

This is all MHO of course. Choose the color and configuration you think best. You will love the car no matter the configuration :like:

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Hi thanks for the replies.

I'm almost 100% on the colour choice of Crayon. Well 99.5%.....lol

Pretty sure about the roof. I think I like the look of the metal one from the outside better.

Not so sure about the wheels yet, 50-50 on those. Probably end up with the Mission E ones.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
No they are around £200 more expensive but you dont then need to upgrade to the ceramic coated brakes at circa £2.5k. Just to clarify the wheels are not carbon option ones, just the ones with the blades painted in gloss black :)
Are they not £200 more but in black another £900. 4K ish for just the wheels I thought.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Hi thanks for the replies.

I'm almost 100% on the colour choice of Crayon. Well 99.5%.....lol

Pretty sure about the roof. I think I like the look of the metal one from the outside better.

Not so sure about the wheels yet, 50-50 on those. Probably end up with the Mission E ones.
I’m crayon, 21 mission e, with steel roof. Going to wrap the roof black. Won’t lie, wish I’d specd the pan roof pre my build lock, but hopefully will be happy once arrives.

Russmrh

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Just joined the forum, ordered a Gentian Blue 4S at the weekend from Porsche Reading.
Q1 delivery and brexit May add £10K to the cost, but 2021 model.
Photo from the order confirmation.
20inch Taycan turbo wheels
Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! 4A2021BE-94C4-4177-8D78-71930E0E1010

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I’ve ordered my Taycan from the Nottingham branch for March delivery. I’m assuming it will be a 2021 model and they haven’t mentioned anything about the extra 10% that Brexit may bring.

Russmrh

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I’ve ordered my Taycan from the Nottingham branch for March delivery. I’m assuming it will be a 2021 model and they haven’t mentioned anything about the extra 10% that Brexit may bring.
I had to sign a brexit letter before they would accept the order

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
Hi there - thank you for accepting me as a member of this forum.
Following this sophisticated form since a while, waiting for my Taycan 4S at 2021/02.
Was quite determined to go for a Taycan - but after a 2 days test drive (thanks to my local dealership) the matter was completely and irreversibly clear.
From the center of my life it is half a mile walk to my Porsche dealer and 15 miles (by car, then) to the Taycan production facility.
Right in the middle of it all, just be there.

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there - thank you for accepting me as a member of this forum.
Following this sophisticated form since a while, waiting for my Taycan 4S at 2021/02.
Was quite determined to go for a Taycan - but after a 2 days test drive (thanks to my local dealership) the matter was completely and irreversibly clear.
From the center of my life it is half a mile walk to my Porsche dealer and 15 miles (by car, then) to the Taycan production facility.
Right in the middle of it all, just be there.
Welcome Amercy, what spec did you order? :)

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
Welcome Amercy, what spec did you order? :)
To avoid a clumsy translation from German to English, the following list has been created by feeding a German car code into the UK Porsche configurator. So some items have got lost in transition (whatsoever 73J, 9M3, QW5), but the essence got captured:
----------------
Exterior Colour
Black

Interior Colour
Partial Leather Interior, Black

Exterior
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Drivetrain and chassis
Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Performance Battery Plus
Sport Chrono Package
Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus

Wheels
20-Inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels

Wheel Accessories
Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest

Lighting and vision
Exclusive Matrix LED headlights in Glacier Ice Blue with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Rear light strip with 'PORSCHE' logo in Glacier Ice blue Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Panoramic fixed glass roof

Windscreen with Grey Top-Tint
Privacy Glass

Comfort and assistance systems
Head-Up Display
ParkAssist including Surround View
Adaptive Cruise Control
Comfort Access

Interior
Advanced Climate Control (4-Zone)
Ioniser
Ambient Lighting
Adaptive Sports Seats in Front (18-Way, Electric) with Memory Package
Seat Heating (front and rear)
Seat Ventilation (front)
Side Airbags in Rear Compartment
Storage Package

Audio and communication
Passenger Display
BOSE® Surround Sound System

E-Performance
Electric charging port cover
Mobile Charger Connect (Temporary Forced Option)
Cable Connection between Control Unit and Vehicle: 7.5m

Public Charging Cable (Mode 3)
Sponsored