BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Sound advice, thank you. I’ve never believed in leasing but this may be an occasion to consider that option.
I've never believed in leasing (and have always purchased), but I *may* lease this car. But this car may become a collectors item, so who knows?! LOL
Sponsored

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Hello, new member to Taycan Forum, but I've been on the list at my local dealership (here in Silicon Valley) since May of 2018.

In the past few days, I have tried to have a bunch of questions answered by either Porsche USA or my dealer and not one answer was known.

I wanted to know why I was never sent that initial marketing promo kit for folks "on the list." Was that for European residents? Did anybody in the US get one? Where can I get one now, if I still wanted one (I do!)?

I wanted to know if Porsche would livestream the unveiling / press conference on their website. They didn't know.

I wanted to know what time it would start. They didn't know.

And so on.

I've never owned a Porsche before...nor have I ever driven one. I was told by my dealer that they'd get one or two Taycan test cars and would allow prospective buyers to test drive one before committing. Of course, they haven't been told when that might happen. Here in Silicon Valley, where they make Tesla's, I was told that Porsche wants to flood this market. If so, that means I may be able to get my hands on one without another year's wait. But we'll see.

I look forward to all the comments on this forum. Thanks for putting it together!

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
ken , nice to have you .
imhere in sv as well. my story ios prety much the same as yours.
exceptv i put a deposit(s) down year or so ago. never have been contacted by the dealer(s) after i made deposits.
Ive been sent a few diffrent envelopes and book from corporate but nothing from dealers.

if they contact me and tell me they have one ,ill hit you up so we can go down together.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ken , nice to have you .
imhere in sv as well. my story ios prety much the same as yours.
exceptv i put a deposit(s) down year or so ago. never have been contacted by the dealer(s) after i made deposits.
Ive been sent a few diffrent envelopes and book from corporate but nothing from dealers.

if they contact me and tell me they have one ,ill hit you up so we can go down together.
I called them. They need haranguing

thorfun

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Hi all,
new member to this forum from London. Previously owned a Panamera 4 e-hybrid which I sold to purchase a Jaguar I-Pace. Now I've put a deposit down for a Taycan 4S and I am eagerly awaiting news on it.
I look forward to reading and participating in this forum.
cheers.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag

alevek

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2019 Audi Etron Prestige
Country flag
Have had a $5000 deposit at local dealer for about a year. Mixed feelings after the reveal. Like the looks and performance specs. Very disappointed at the lack of option to select full regen on accelerator liftoff for one-pedal driving. I understand the desire to maintain current driving dynamics for track, however since my car will never see a track, I prefer the precision and quick response provided by one-pedal driving. Of the EV owned, the Chevy Bolt has the best implementation of that feature, even though it's annoying that it has to be selected on every startup. Would have overlooked the high starting prices if the one-pedal option were available, but for now will cancel reservation until base model become available.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
Have had a $5000 deposit at local dealer for about a year. Mixed feelings after the reveal. Like the looks and performance specs. Very disappointed at the lack of option to select full regen on accelerator liftoff for one-pedal driving. I understand the desire to maintain current driving dynamics for track, however since my car will never see a track, I prefer the precision and quick response provided by one-pedal driving. Of the EV owned, the Chevy Bolt has the best implementation of that feature, even though it's annoying that it has to be selected on every startup. Would have overlooked the high starting prices if the one-pedal option were available, but for now will cancel reservation until base model become available.
I am in a similar position as yourself, same deposit down. I also am pleased with the looks and most specs of the final production model BUT my concern is the smaller range than promised (500k/300 miles vs 240 miles now advertised) as well as the price which was originally suggested. I am interested in getting all the bells & whistles and the Turbo S trim level which prices out with options for me at $204k plus tax and license. Previously I was under the impression it would be about $150 + options + tax license. The base price of the Turbo is $150k and the Turbo S is $185k.

I had a discussion with my sales rep at the dealership yesterday and told him of my reservations and I am planning to see the car before I make any decision. He said they would have a Turbo and a Turbo S in CA at their dealership in December which I would be able to test drive. So I will wait to see the car and “kick the tires” before I do anything.:rolleyes:

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I really like the car, it looks absolutely stunning & has strong specs. Still on the fence though, as much as I like it I'm not sure if the value for money is quite there. I'll likely wait for the 4S specs and decide then. If it has same or better range than the Turbo, and doesn't lose too much performance, I'll probably buy that.

This week I'm going to see the car in Frankfurt, even got a special hospitality ticket from the local Porsche dealer (not sure what it means but it's an upgrade over the regular ticket). Meanwhile I'm waiting for drive reviews from the press which should be out fairly soon.

Not pulling the trigger yet but my finger is very much on the trigger. Will wait for some more info to make a more informed decision.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really like the car, it looks absolutely stunning & has strong specs. Still on the fence though, as much as I like it I'm not sure if the value for money is quite there. I'll likely wait for the 4S specs and decide then. If it has same or better range than the Turbo, and doesn't lose too much performance, I'll probably buy that.

This week I'm going to see the car in Frankfurt, even got a special hospitality ticket from the local Porsche dealer (not sure what it means but it's an upgrade over the regular ticket). Meanwhile I'm waiting for drive reviews from the press which should be out fairly soon.

Not pulling the trigger yet but my finger is very much on the trigger. Will wait for some more info to make a more informed decision.
OK, I am envious that you about the special tickets, you must be a VIP at least with your local dealer. Please report back your impressions, it is refreshing to get opinions of those w/o any spin. So often even reviewing “third” party magazines (press) have a vested interest and are not reliable sources of information.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello, I’m writing from Spain. I ordered a Taycan Turbo
If you don't mind saying what was the final price with all the options in euros (exchange $.9028 to 1 euro? I priced out a Taycan Turbo at $180k+ and a Turbo S at $202k+ with similar the options I currently have on my Panamera Turbo S. Quite a bit higher than I had expected. That’s the same range a a Panamera Turbo or a Turbo S which has a whole lot more range/use flexibility, abet not the “cool factor” of the Tycan.

Cone

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross turismo. Cayenne E-hibryd. Boxter
Country flag
If you don't mind saying what was the final price with all the options in euros (exchange $.9028 to 1 euro? I priced out a Taycan Turbo at $180k+ and a Turbo S at $202k+ with similar the options I currently have on my Panamera Turbo S. Quite a bit higher than I had expected. That’s the same range a a Panamera Turbo or a Turbo S which has a whole lot more range/use flexibility, abet not the “cool factor” of the Tycan.
Final price 195k euros, full loaded of extras. Next tusday, 17 th I will be at the Frankurt motor show

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Thats $215k in the US, you might be better off getting the Turbo S as many of the options are included in the Turbo S base price, did you try both trim levels? Perhaps there is a price differential for the Taycan in Europe? The US base price for the Turbo is $150k and the Turbo s is $185k. only thing is the Turbo has a slightly longer range than the Turbo S.