Members Say Hello Here!

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
Hi there!

Since I sold my 1991 964 C4 to a Tesla Model P85DL the longing for a Porsche again has been there since the day the 964 was sold. Here in Norway it is very expensive to buy sport cars as engine power and emissions are taxed high. The 911 is priced at almost twice the price of the Taycan 4S!

So, when the 4S was announced, I immediately put the order in. I was told this week that my Taycan 4S is being built in December 2019, so it might arrive at my home in January 2020!

Can't wait! The current Tesla Model 3P will be traded in.

Thank you for creating this great forum!
Sponsored

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Hi there!

Since I sold my 1991 964 C4 to a Tesla Model P85DL the longing for a Porsche again has been there since the day the 964 was sold. Here in Norway it is very expensive to buy sport cars as engine power and emissions are taxed high. The 911 is priced at almost twice the price of the Taycan 4S!

So, when the 4S was announced, I immediately put the order in. I was told this week that my Taycan 4S is being built in December 2019, so it might arrive at my home in January 2020!

Can't wait! The current Tesla Model 3P will be traded in.

Thank you for creating this great forum!
With traded inn I guess you mean "will be sold". My experience with Porsche Centers are that they are currently very reluctant to even trade inn Porsche cars. And I cant even remember the last time I saw a non Porsche inn the used car section of the showrooms.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
With traded inn I guess you mean "will be sold". My experience with Porsche Centers are that they are currently very reluctant to even trade inn Porsche cars. And I cant even remember the last time I saw a non Porsche inn the used car section of the showrooms.
Interesting..... In Switzerland they were happy to take my M3P in tradein. and have already given me a price depending on final mileage and obviously any additional scratches etc..... :)

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
Actually, they take other brands as tradein though they don't sell those in store. These cars are sold via other resellers.
Pretty good service for customers though the price may suffer.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Actually, they take other brands as tradein though they don't sell those in store. These cars are sold via other resellers.
Pretty good service for customers though the price may suffer.
Trading in is trading in so yes the price always suffers but at least you do not need to go out and try to sell your self with all that entails…. especially time. :)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi there, just checking in and wanted to say Hello.

I have followed this forum for a couple of weeks. I am pleased to see that I can find good information about the new Taycan here. The car is so new that my contact at Porsche Has not had all information at hand. Should be fine now after training on the new models though.

I already own a Tesla M3P and have been so impressed with EV driving. The Tesla is great but it is aimed to be a more cost effective car so the build quality reflects this. Nothing wrong but just not that feeling. And the instrumentation is quite futuristic? Aimed for self driving which is fine but not quite what I really want.

I really want to see how the network of IONITY chargers will develop, since we will be looking to use the yet to be ordered Taycan for long trips throughout Europe. UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and all the Scandinavian countries esp. Norway. So fast rapid charging is essential to do these trips.

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello,

To all my Taycan/ Porsche/ car members, *waves*

Been a long time lurker. (Since 2018) On hold in position for first allocation in BC, Canada. Originally wanted the turbo, but price was out of reach, now looking forward to the 4s. (Finally got a call to go in and configure my car) :D

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
Hi everyone,
I’ve been anxiously awaiting the Taycan since the Mission E concept was shown. I joined the waiting list in June 2018 and finally am ordering my car this week. The closest thing I’ve previously had to an electric car was a BMW i8. Happy to be here.

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Hi everyone

I have a 4S early allocation finalising spec next week and in for production in the new year (due to leave the factory at the end of February including the newly announced delays).
I'm based in Wirral in UK. Will be posting some questions to help with spec, as I'm new to Porsche after several generations of range rovers and M3s/RS4s.

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
Hi everyone,

new here, I'm 33 years old from Netherlands. I still don't bought the Taycan 4S yet, I want the right deal, they still don't offer the right deal for me.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi everyone,

new here, I'm 33 years old from Netherlands. I still don't bought the Taycan 4S yet, I want the right deal, they still don't offer the right deal for me.
welcome. There’s a lot of demand right now since the first round of production doesn’t seem to have shipped to customers yet. So far dealers appear to have more orders at MSRP than they can fill. If you’re patient I would expect better deals late next year.

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
welcome. There’s a lot of demand right now since the first round of production doesn’t seem to have shipped to customers yet. So far dealers appear to have more orders at MSRP than they can fill. If you’re patient I would expect better deals late next year.
Thanks for your reply. I did hear today that they cannot give me discount because discount on new models is not the 'protocol' by Porsche. Also, they cannot offer me a buy-in garante because the model is new. Thats my main concern because I hope the 4S is more worth then 50.000 after 3-4 years and 100.000kms.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your reply. I did hear today that they cannot give me discount because discount on new models is not the 'protocol' by Porsche. Also, they cannot offer me a buy-in garante because the model is new. Thats my main concern because I hope the 4S is more worth then 50.000 after 3-4 years and 100.000kms.
the discount (or mark up!) is up to your dealer. It’ll be a while for the initial demand to subside, so you’ll likely see much better deals in 7-10 months.

if you want a buy back guarantee I think you’re stuck with a lease. The depreciation on a brand new EV model is hard to predict. For 3 years, you’d probably be okay, but nobody is going to make a promise in writing unless it’s a lease. Porsche lease terms generally aren’t very good, so you’d end up paying a bit more for this guarantee than financing outright. Ymmv.
Sponsored