moshb

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
Country flag
I'm from Toronto, currently driving a 2018 Panamera Turbo ST and thinking to move on to Taycan on its second year into production.
I have lots of questions to ask and to gain information on this new beast.
Sponsored

Ronin

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P85D - 2009 BMW K1300S
Country flag
Put my deposit down a few days ago. Currently drive a Tesla Model S P85D. Looking forward to see how the Taycan is going to raise the bar with EV's.

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
Hi guys!

I live in Oslo, Norway. Our country is the #1 country when it comes to electric cars. And there's a reason for it! :D

Apart from Denmark we have the highest taxes on cars on the planet. But for electric cars there's NO TAX. Not even VAT! So they are flooding the streets here!

My dream car is a Panamera Sport Turismo but it costs as much as a house up here. However the electrified version is within reach - AND I must own a Porsche once in my life! :D Just hoping they will offer a 5 seat Sport Turismo version of the Taycan as I have 3 kids...

Series7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
Hi guys!

I live in Oslo, Norway. Our country is the #1 country when it comes to electric cars. And there's a reason for it! :D

Apart from Denmark we have the highest taxes on cars on the planet. But for electric cars there's NO TAX. Not even VAT! So they are flooding the streets here!

My dream car is a Panamera Sport Turismo but it costs as much as a house up here. However the electrified version is within reach - AND I must own a Porsche once in my life! :D Just hoping they will offer a 5 seat Sport Turismo version of the Taycan as I have 3 kids...
Welcome to the site! And wow I knew that Norway was very EV friendly but had no idea that your country was that aggressive in promoting electric vehicles. Lucky you, wish I wasn't going to be taxed on my Taycan!

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
Thx Series7!

I commute by bike which is by far more climate friendly than EVs. But I paid 25% VAT on that :D

We’re well past 200.000 EVs here. Population is 5 mill. Sweden OTOH has less than 1000 EVs.

Black Friday sale every day on EVs does make a difference! :D

harald-hans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 90 D, VW e-Golf 300
Hi,

I live in Germany and I was a real Petrol Head but after driving my first Full Electric Car I never want anything else ...

First car was a VW e-Golf 190 and now we have a Tesla Model S 90 D and my wife a VW e-Golf 300 ...

Now we are waitng for the new Taycan ...

Mhsulli

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85
Country flag
New to the forum. Drive a Tesla P85 and thinking I’ll put down a deposit.

I like that the best guesses are that Taycan will be shorter than the S. I’ll miss the interior simplicity but I want a better driving car.

NS80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
928 S4 Strosek, 911 997.2 C4S, Cayenne 957 GTS, Cayenne 958.1 Turbo-S, Mustang Bullitt (2019).
Country flag
I am a 'Porschephile' and placed a deposit for a Taycan, last year. There is, of course, a little bit of concern when buying the first of a completely new line. Looking forward to learning from the collective knowledge of aficionados in this group!

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
Hey hey! I am from Vancouver, BC.
Put my deposit maybe 2nd or 3rd day after pre-orders opened.
I currently drive two commuter boxes; I was waiting to see what the 718 GT4 would look like but decided maybe a more road-trip worthy 3rd car was in order.
My wife is still unconvinced!

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
I am from So. CA and put my deposit down last year some time ago. I was pretty excited about the concept Mission E but I have concern about the renderings looking similar to a Panamera, Already have one of those!
I guess only time will tell but I think I am going to have to actually see one before I pull the trigger on ordering a Taycan.:confused:

Reactions: SHY

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Hi everybody,
Glad to be part of the taycan community .
I live in Switzerland at 1100m (3600 ft.) , Valais.

Philippe

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Hi!

Firstly, I'm kinda new here, late introduction, glad to be a part of the Taycan community, very curious indeed to see what happens with the Taycan, and eager to know the looks, stuff like that.

Secondly:

I am from So. CA and put my deposit down last year some time ago. I was pretty excited about the concept Mission E but I have concern about the renderings looking similar to a Panamera, Already have one of those!
I guess only time will tell but I think I am going to have to actually see one before I pull the trigger on ordering a Taycan.:confused:
I understand your concerns about it looking like a Panamera, very valid concerns to have - especially if you've put down a deposit. I've looked at every bit of evidence on this I can find - examined the teaser pictures of the Taycan over and over again, to discern any details, looking at questionable sketches Porsche have released. I hope the image below (where I compare the Taycan's profile to the Mission E's) helps assuage some of those fears - I created it and the profiles are so near-identical it helps assuage mine - in the teaser pics it looks very much like a 4-door supercar!

Also another user (PAG_J1) said that the length is 4.96m, height 1.38m, width 1.96m, so at least much lower than a Panamera - noticeably so, same dimensions as the Audi E Tron GT. If anyone has any further information regarding the appearance, please feel free to share!

Porsche Taycan Members Say Hello Here! taycan3

Jonte119

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne 2016
Country flag
Dear Porsche enthusiasts.
I am writing my thesis at the University of Mannheim, about the electric automobile industry, with focus on the Taycan as a pioneer for Porsche. The goal is to identify changes in consumer behaviour and consumer needs, and how Porsche can adapt their strategies to meet the needs of their customers. In my paper I want to compare the Norwegian and the German car-market, and because of that it is essential for me to get people living in Germany to respond to this survey. Getting sufficient replies on the following survey is crucial in order for me to be able to provide good strategic solutions for Porsche.
I would really appreciate if you could use 4 minutes to finish this survey. (All answers are anonymous)

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

https://surveyhero.com/c/cb512b14?f...5-WtuLnF6yu8p9ATwJDG1ICaaX0tTTGx6W0Z5sNrXdJiw

A993

First Name
Adriaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hello everyone, also signed up and looking for news of the new car as long as I'm in the virtual waiting line at the dealer.

rhart

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
70 911E 73 RS Clone 914 V8 997 Old Turbo Cayenne
Country flag
Just joined the site despite deposit being over 2 years old. I'm an old fart so have owned many P cars but never an e car.
Founder and past owner of California Porsches and current owner of FuchsRestoration.com
Current build here: RSRConcept.com
Sponsored