New(?) message on myPorsche re: heaters

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
just noticed this (see below) today -- it could have been there a day or two already, i don't look everyday. i don't believe i've read anything about it on the fora, forgive me if i just missed it.

my gts is slated for may production and mid-june delivery to west coast u.s., fwiw.

Porsche Taycan New(?) message on myPorsche re: heaters Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 11.16.04 PM
Sponsored

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
It sounds like they have a new design which they want to retrofit before delivery, avoiding costly reputation and loaner cars etc. that come down the road

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Mine is being held at Crueztwald I'm in France. No news from the factory why or when though so the dealer is in the darK. Rubbish

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I received the same message on TYD. My car is currently at the docks in Baltimore. No news yet. TYD is showing scheduled pick up 3/3.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It sounds like they have a new design which they want to retrofit before delivery, avoiding costly reputation and loaner cars etc. that come down the road
It sounds more like they rerouted production to cars already delivered and needing replacement, leaving current cars without heaters. They even announced something like that recently.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
It sounds more like they rerouted production to cars already delivered and needing replacement, leaving current cars without heaters. They even announced something like that recently.
That’s what the dealer told me as well - cars awaiting replacement are prioritized.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I received the same message on TYD. My car is currently at the docks in Baltimore. No news yet. TYD is showing scheduled pick up 3/3.
I wonder if you got your car on 3/3 or the heater is the delay. My dealer is expecting 2 x pre-sold 4S examples and I am not so sure they will arrive this month due to the heater issue.

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I wonder if you got your car on 3/3 or the heater is the delay. My dealer is expecting 2 x pre-sold 4S examples and I am not so sure they will arrive this month due to the heater issue.
I received my car on 3/3. The heat doesn’t heat up as fast as I want, but I might need to preheat the car first. Still trying to figure it out but I’m going to my dealer tomorrow for them to tell me if there is an issue or if it’s just me!

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Obviously up to you, but I know what I would do - wait. MY24 news is imminent and it sounds like it will be worth the wait.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would be nice, but I'm almost at the three month mark since they ordered my replacement heater valve unit, and I don't even have an estimate for when it will arrive yet. Maybe before next winter...

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
Would be nice, but I'm almost at the three month mark since they ordered my replacement heater valve unit, and I don't even have an estimate for when it will arrive yet. Maybe before next winter...
My heater on 2021 4s failed about 4 weeks ago. I called dealer A - their response “we have to order the part and we have absolutely no idea when it will come - we will call you when we get it”. Haven’t heard anything further from them.

I called Dealer B. They said they would not order part until I came in and they diagnose the problem. Got an appointment with dealer B set up for about 2 weeks later. Brought the car in, they diagnosed the problem and ordered the new heater. The part came 2 days later and was fixed a day after that. Dealer B told me this is a new part with a new part number so Porsche seems to have replaced the defective part.

Stil no word from Dealer A.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My heater on 2021 4s failed about 4 weeks ago. I called dealer A - their response “we have to order the part and we have absolutely no idea when it will come - we will call you when we get it”. Haven’t heard anything further from them.

I called Dealer B. They said they would not order part until I came in and they diagnose the problem. Got an appointment with dealer B set up for about 2 weeks later. Brought the car in, they diagnosed the problem and ordered the new heater. The part came 2 days later and was fixed a day after that. Dealer B told me this is a new part with a new part number so Porsche seems to have replaced the defective part.

Very interesting. You don't happen to have the new part number do you?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you file a diminished value claim with the warranty claim? I'm sure the car will depreciate by next winter. ;)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Let me guess, Porsche started doing allocations for parts too? :CWL:
Sponsored