TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Just downloaded this on my iPhone - feels like a beta version as its full of quirks.. any experiences out there?
For instance it asked me to remove the Connect app to get detailed connection information (so I did).
Now my car is charging (with profile) away from any wifi and it tells me it completed charging every minute (before it says charging again).
I cant connect to the PCM (couldn’t do that with Connect either)..
I included a bunch of screenshots to give you an idea what the app looks like. Would there be a user manual for this?
Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? 6CCFED00-5610-4E47-93BB-5430E91CBB45
Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? 6D3582EE-59FC-4672-B129-40698FB019E1
Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? D345EC2F-26F2-42F3-B3F2-A69586D60CC2
Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? 9B4BA47A-06E0-4D8C-942F-163841469837
Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? 7E75909D-5393-4AAD-AC96-59D471A9B3B4
Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? 8D8B2F61-8BE5-462F-B714-83EDBD18EF13

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nice! Not seen / experienced this yet - the existing app is bad enough without introducing a whole new work of pain!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It seems to be mostly just a re-skin/re-write.

Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? IMG_5541.PNG

It has an interesting – "everything is okay" – reassurance dialog.

Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? IMG_5543.PNG

However, it seems to have lost a major feature that I used. When inputing in a destination – you can now only send it to the car.

Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? IMG_5545.PNG

Where as in the "older" Porsche Connect app you could see the route, see your charging level and estimated state of charge at destination – as well as be able to send full routes with waypoints/via.

That all seems lost and you can only send a single destination to the PCM – rather than the routes. This for me makes this new app useless for route planing and while the Connect app wasn't perfect – it was more useful than this.

Perhaps that functionality will be restored in a future version. Here is example in Connect of lost functionality:

Porsche Taycan New My Porsche App full of quirks? IMG_5546.PNG

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this replacing the existing Porsche Connect app? They are both available in the App Store, which is very confusing to me ?

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
For me the browser version actually works best from all apps. Found it by accident. When you login to my.porsche.com and go to „my car“ just click on the little lock icon showing if the car is locked. It takes you to a web version of the connect app that actually works.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For me the browser version actually works best from all apps. Found it by accident. When you login to my.porsche.com and go to „my car“ just click on the little lock icon showing if the car is locked. It takes you to a web version of the connect app that actually works.
Used this since day 1 but still requires perfect connectivity to the car to perform certain remote functions (which invariably it can't for the same reasons the app can't). Also note that the Porsche Vehicle Finder is pretty much useless and regularly can be out of sync with your location (mine was 126 miles adrift of reality for 24 hours) even with recent enhancements. Telematics and Porsche don't go well together when it comes to the Taycan implementation it seems.

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
it's a shame ... at least the old app, if you clicked on the autonomy, it showed you on the map how far you could get around you, ... it was easy and intuitive, .. this didn't bring any evolution, on the contrary
:mad::mad::mad:
Sponsored