New order build turbo

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What is the opinions of you guys with your steering wheel option? Leather or Racetex? Im gonna add the chalk seat belts, adds a little touch to the interior. I also added interior accents in Dark Silver. Its my understanding that the turbo comes with the lower body kit, are you saying the sport design side skirts are even more aggressive?
Yes, the side skirts flare out towards the back wheel. Here are a couple of pics of the side skirts on my Turbo. I think they would be even more impressive on the white car due to the color contrast.

Porsche Taycan New order build turbo IMG_3131.JPG

Porsche Taycan New order build turbo IMG_3132.JPG

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
What is the opinions of you guys with your steering wheel option? Leather or Racetex? Im gonna add the chalk seat belts, adds a little touch to the interior. I also added interior accents in Dark Silver. Its my understanding that the turbo comes with the lower body kit, are you saying the sport design side skirts are even more aggressive?
Some have suggested the Racetex steering wheel does not wear gracefully - may be similar to Alcantara in that respect. Have always switched steering wheels to smooth leather for both wear and feel and use gloves if needing a tighter grip.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Some have suggested the Racetex steering wheel does not wear gracefully - may be similar to Alcantara in that respect. Have always switched steering wheels to smooth leather for both wear and feel and use gloves if needing a tighter grip.
I have the Racetex steering wheel in matte carbon. I love it because it reminds me of the wheel in the GT3 I used to have. But to your point, it probably won't hold up as well in the long run.

To the original poster, amazing spec!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I have the Racetex steering wheel in matte carbon. I love it because it reminds me of the wheel in the GT3 I used to have. But to your point, it probably won't hold up as well in the long run.

To the original poster, amazing spec!
I read somewhere that it was possible to clean it but have no personal experience.
Maybe it would also be possible to replace the racetex material after a couple of years of use?

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
Thank you to all of you who have taken time out of your day to comment and reflect on the options that you like/dislike about your beautiful porsche taycan. The latest spec changes i made are below...

-body colored mirrors
-leather steering wheel w heating
-Interior accents in dark silver (gives contrast to dash and lightens up the sport chrono dial)
-Chalk Seatbelts (contrast detail in the interior against the red seats)
-Door sill guards in Black Brushed Aluminum ($0 cost option)
-unchecked the 14-30 plug, kept 25 ft cable checked ( defaults to 50 amp capability in United States)

Here is the final build code so you all can check it out.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLAVLKM4

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Thank you to all of you who have taken time out of your day to comment and reflect on the options that you like/dislike about your beautiful porsche taycan. The latest spec changes i made are below...

-body colored mirrors
-Interior accents in dark silver (gives contrast to dash and lightens up the sport chrono dial)
-unchecked the 14-30 plug, kept 25 ft cable checked ( defaults to 50 amp capability in United States)

Like it. Configuration nearly identical to our Turbo S (except wheels and color) and you saved $35K!

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like it. Configuration nearly identical to our Turbo S (except wheels and color) and you saved $35K!
Thanks, i asked but they had no allocations for a turbo s. I wanted a new car for the new year. This car is stupid fast and made me sick when i test drove it. After that, i was fine with turbo allocation and save the 35k tickets and lawyers. It is so hard to drive the speed limit in this rocketship.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Thank u for the well thought out reply highlights, this community is unbelievable and I have lurked for months on here before I signed up,

About the glacier blue headlights, what do u not like about them? Is the color bad? Doesn’t look good? Can u be a bit more specific?
Keep the blue lights - they look awesome on a white car. The people who regret getting them have other colors.

My spec is very similar to yours but I'm still debating PCCB vs Burmester.

I'd do black calipers but since your car is white they should look good in white. I'd add the sport design side skirts too. Apologies to your wallet. ;)

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

-body colored mirrors

My dealer is recommending the 6-50 plug, which is same as 14-50 except it drops the neutral. A little cheaper to install & is beginning the standard for EVs. Downside is that the 14-50 is standard for RVs so there's way more of those plugs "in the wild" when you're traveling. IMHO either is fine but thought this might be useful info for you.

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Keep the blue lights - they look awesome on a white car. The people who regret getting them have other colors.

My spec is very similar to yours but I'm still debating PCCB vs Burmester.

I'd do black calipers but since your car is white they should look good in white. I'd add the sport design side skirts too. Apologies to your wallet. ;)
Yea i kept the blue lights, do some research on pccb vs pscb, they are great for someone like myself who is not gonna track this car. I like the white calipers as they accent the black rims with the body color of the car. I’m on the fence about the sport design side skirts, the current body kit that comes with the turbo seems to have more body color accent in that area.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea i kept the blue lights, do some research on pccb vs pscb, they are great for someone like myself who is not gonna track this car. I like the white calipers as they accent the black rims with the body color of the car. I’m on the fence about the sport design side skirts, the current body kit that comes with the turbo seems to have more body color accent in that area.
My affection for PCCB isn't performance-related. I think the bolts and the black hat/carbon discs look awesome and make the wheels pop more. PSCB is great because you get the no-dust benefit at a fraction of the price but I have concerns about replacement time & $$$, while I'm certain that with regen on the Taycan I'll never have to replace the PCCBs.

On the side skirts, just toggle them on & off on the configurator. You actually get a little wider white strip at the back, which makes the rear end look wider. That's why they're a popular option. But also something you'll probably never miss if you don't get it.

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My affection for PCCB isn't performance-related. I think the bolts and the black hat/carbon discs look awesome and make the wheels pop more. PSCB is great because you get the no-dust benefit at a fraction of the price but I have concerns about replacement time & $$$, while I'm certain that with regen on the Taycan I'll never have to replace the PCCBs.

On the side skirts, just toggle them on & off on the configurator. You actually get a little wider white strip at the back, which makes the rear end look wider. That's why they're a popular option. But also something you'll probably never miss if you don't get it.
i added the sport design kit, it looks much more aggressive after spending some time on the config clicking it on/off, did you decide to go pccb route for the brakes? I am still on the fence on that option. I have i believe until the end of the month before it locks in.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i added the sport design kit, it looks much more aggressive after spending some time on the config clicking it on/off, did you decide to go pccb route for the brakes? I am still on the fence on that option. I have i believe until the end of the month before it locks in.
I'm DEEP in the paralysis analysis zone & still leaning towards PCCB. My car is black (at the moment) so the yellow gives it some real pop. I have another Porsche code going that's silver with the black PSCB. The configurator is an illness.

The white calipers go great with a white car so if I were you I'd stick with the white PCSB because your build is getting very pricey. I'm at $177k w/o PCCB or Burm, $183k with one of them. I've set $185k as a hard budget limit. You have to stop somewhere. No matter what else you tweak, a turbo with all the performance options and the Mission E wheels is going to be amazing.

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm DEEP in the paralysis analysis zone & still leaning towards PCCB. My car is black (at the moment) so the yellow gives it some real pop. I have another Porsche code going that's silver with the black PSCB. The configurator is an illness.

The white calipers go great with a white car so if I were you I'd stick with the white PCSB because your build is getting very pricey. I'm at $177k w/o PCCB or Burm, $183k with one of them. I've set $185k as a hard budget limit. You have to stop somewhere. No matter what else you tweak, a turbo with all the performance options and the Mission E wheels is going to be amazing.
i get it, i just added the sport design package because as i see it, im already in deep on price, i dont want to be the guy saying i should of added that option, ditto on the turbo comment, could not agree more, i am very fortunate to afford this amazing piece of engineering, i have been patient and waiting for the right car, and this ticks every box, stoked for your build too, it really does feel like the future when you drive it, and that is a huge accomplishment
Sponsored