First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Last night we bought a 2022 in black and gold. We’re in love with it. We bought it third party from a company that buys them and moves them (a bit over MSRP, sadly). This build is everything we wanted and found one within respectable distance - so we pulled the trigger.

Buying it on a Friday night meant I couldn’t get my car added to the My Porsche app considering they manually approve them - and I’m assuming it won’t be approved until Monday/Tuesday.

Right now, my app is not showing any chargers. I downloaded the NA Charging app, and when I login to My Porsche through the app, it says I do not have a contract established and remains in demo-mode - so I’m not seeing chargers there either. I also downloaded PlugShare, which is showing me a lot.

I guess my questions are, am I not seeing charging locations in the My Porsche app and NA Charging app because my Taycan wasn’t approved yet? How can I charge at approved locations until it is?

Lastly, are we able to essentially charge anywhere that’s NOT a Tesla charging area?

Thank you and sorry for all of the questions.
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Congrats!

You can charge by presenting your credit card.

Grab the ChargePoint app And the PlugShare app. PlugShare will show you nearby chargers; ChargePoint will let you sign up and use ChargePoint locations.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats & enjoy…. :clap:
btw: since it’s weekend, you should have plenty of time & take some photos, right? :like:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Last night we bought a 2022 in black and gold. We’re in love with it. We bought it third party from a company that buys them and moves them (a bit over MSRP, sadly). This build is everything we wanted and found one within respectable distance - so we pulled the trigger.

Buying it on a Friday night meant I couldn’t get my car added to the My Porsche app considering they manually approve them - and I’m assuming it won’t be approved until Monday/Tuesday.

Right now, my app is not showing any chargers. I downloaded the NA Charging app, and when I login to My Porsche through the app, it says I do not have a contract established and remains in demo-mode - so I’m not seeing chargers there either. I also downloaded PlugShare, which is showing me a lot.

I guess my questions are, am I not seeing charging locations in the My Porsche app and NA Charging app because my Taycan wasn’t approved yet? How can I charge at approved locations until it is?

Lastly, are we able to essentially charge anywhere that’s NOT a Tesla charging area?

Thank you and sorry for all of the questions.
Plenty of alternative charging apps which aren't tied into Porsche - use these until your VIN is registered to your Porsche Connect ID.

Any EVSE can be used other than Tesla (currently) as long as it has a CCS.plug connector for DC. AC charging (slow) will also be accessible.

Last edited:

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
I think you just need a myporsche account on the web site.
https://my.porsche.com/

Porsche Taycan New Owner of a 2022! A few questions. C5C242DA-2457-484A-BEBA-B0EA85BE5FC6

You are looking for ccs fast charger or j1772 destination charge. You can get an adapter to use Tesla destination charger (doesn’t work for Tesla fast chargers)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think you just need a myporsche account on the web site.
https://my.porsche.com/

C5C242DA-2457-484A-BEBA-B0EA85BE5FC6.png

You are looking for ccs fast charger or j1772 destination charge. You can get an adapter to use Tesla destination charger (doesn’t work for Tesla fast chargers)
VIN needs to be assigned to the ID - you can have a Porsche Connect ID without having a car but can only see your car when the assignment is made by dealer.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
VIN needs to be assigned to the ID - you can have a Porsche Connect ID without having a car but can only see your car when the assignment is made by dealer.
Good to know.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
OP - Any pics ?

OP
OP

Redsport00

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’ll grab pictures this week - we picked it up last night when the sun was going down, which I only took two. Today it went from 60 degrees to 30, and it’s snowing. Might take it out for a few snow pics later.

Porsche Taycan New Owner of a 2022! A few questions. 7553282C-3192-4448-B35D-2FFB6F60DF0E
Porsche Taycan New Owner of a 2022! A few questions. 1767CEA1-A5DB-4EB3-A8CB-0F1A95F4BE61

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you’re getting today what we had last night! I thought this was behind us already!

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you’re getting today what we had last night! I thought this was behind us
Sponsored