e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I thought my computer was acting weird with a new configurator popping up but nope, they actually updated it after ages!

I like the additional pictures included with the options rather than trying to click and wait for them to load! Lagging a bit on my computer but that could be just me. Overall, not a bad change!
Sponsored

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Nice. I look forward to giving that a go. Thanks for sharing

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I’ve found it very slow and keeps freezing which has been annoying when trying to lock in a spec today

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Same here, wanted to configure my car, but stopped after 15mins getting nowhere.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
As a person who works in software I can’t possibly explain how much I don’t like Porsche’s configuration system. It is so laggy and inconvenient, doesn’t even come close to showing the true beauty of this meticulously designed vehicle. Colors look incredibly unrealistic and very different from their real counterparts, especially whites and silvers. (My Mahogany Brown is a victim of it as well, hadn’t I seen it in person I would’ve never bought it).

Some options aren’t even visually represented, such as custom stitching colors and whatnot. With todays tech you can have a perfect 360 view of the car in any environment without any issues, current configurator just looks so lazy and cheap, especially for a brand of this caliber!

Heck, even this tiny model of my spec I made for myself in 4 hours just for giggles looks better and more professional. I wish they contracted my company to do their configurator but that’s never happening lol

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Configurator Launched 533FBB7B-28F2-40DA-97C4-C359C77A7111

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I think the new site is ok. Speed is good on my end and some of the more custom options are a little easier to find.

I would have to do a few dozen builds on the new site like I did with the old one in order to develop a strong opinion though. I don’t see myself doing that until I am ready for the next car.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
As a person who works in software I can’t possibly explain how much I don’t like Porsche’s configuration system. It is so laggy and inconvenient, doesn’t even come close to showing the true beauty of this meticulously designed vehicle. Colors look incredibly unrealistic and very different from their real counterparts, especially whites and silvers. (My Mahogany Brown is a victim of it as well, hadn’t I seen it in person I would’ve never bought it).

Some options aren’t even visually represented, such as custom stitching colors and whatnot. With todays tech you can have a perfect 360 view of the car in any environment without any issues, current configurator just looks so lazy and cheap, especially for a brand of this caliber!

Heck, even this tiny model of my spec I made for myself in 4 hours just for giggles looks better and more professional. I wish they contracted my company to do their configurator but that’s never happening lol

533FBB7B-28F2-40DA-97C4-C359C77A7111.jpeg
Check out volcano grey 🤣

If I had gone by what the configurator shows, I would have NEVER chosen that color.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I thought my computer was acting weird with a new configurator popping up but nope, they actually updated it after ages!

I like the additional pictures included with the options rather than trying to click and wait for them to load! Lagging a bit on my computer but that could be just me. Overall, not a bad change!
This is not new and was released quite some months ago last year.

Depending on entry point Taycan microsite or Porsche configurator you will either see this or not.