K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
A very nice video showing how to setup homelink and also how to assign to a shortcut key.

How to Pair a Garage Door to the HomeLink System in a Porsche Taycan
Paul Steinbruner
On the 992 the location setting works perfectly, when you save the profile with location the pcm displays all the profiles at that location when close.

The Taycan has a bug, always showing off-road for any profile, so location based activation does not work. For now I set the steering wheel button to launch the homelink app. Then you hit the profile you need, not ideal but works until they fix it.
Sponsored

K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
I can’t recall if it opens the list or just activated the top one. Hope it helps either way.
II opens the homelink app and the whole list.

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
II opens the homelink app and the whole list.
Does anybody know to delete the Homelink profiles. I seem to be creating lots because l am trying to get this to work. l can store but not delete !!l really have given up. If anybody has been successful in getting Homelink to work please can you post some instructions. Thanks.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anybody know to delete the Homelink profiles. I seem to be creating lots because l am trying to get this to work. l can store but not delete !!l really have given up. If anybody has been successful in getting Homelink to work please can you post some instructions. Thanks.
Pretty sure I swiped the profile to the left and a delete button appeared on the right edge.

K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
Swipe left Delete button appears.

Dambo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG c63s
Country flag
I like the idea of only having to press one button on the steering wheel to activate Homelink. Can you also use the “Hey Porsche” command to activate Homelink?

K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
I like the idea of only having to press one button on the steering wheel to activate Homelink. Can you also use the “Hey Porsche” command to activate Homelink?
Not that I have found, but it may just not like my voice. I set it up on the Diamond steering wheel button until they fix the location activation.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Thanks. That worked.
You can use the "three dots" on the right, it opens another menu.

PS You can see the reciever between the displays, 2×4 red dots on the right (only on camera, apparently).

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Owner needs help with Homelink 2020-07-20_19.03.09

Last edited:

Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
I have 3 homelink tries hooked up..the one marked homelink doesn’t work to set up bottom. How to I delete the 2 I’m not using…help
What happens if you have more than one profile? The shortcut key would not know what profile to activate?

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
See K-S comment above. Swipe left.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I only have one complaint left with HomeLink after update. I CAN’T REORDER THEM. I have 3 doors, and mine were configured out of order. So I’d displays door 1,3,2. Yes I know minor, but every time it pops up it reminds me someone forgot one little feature.

:mad:

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
May I suggest you delete number three and then reprogram it and voilá… problem solved.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
May I suggest you delete number three and then reprogram it and voilá… problem solved.
yes I can but that is not the right solution. Specially when it requires accessing openers on ceilings for a learn cycle. It will work but shouldn’t be required.
Sponsored