Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
A very nice video showing how to setup homelink and also how to assign to a shortcut key.

How to Pair a Garage Door to the HomeLink System in a Porsche Taycan
Paul Steinbruner
What happens if you have more than one profile? The shortcut key would not know what profile to activate?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What happens if you have more than one profile? The shortcut key would not know what profile to activate?
yes I was surprised he didn't mention that but I would assume it would bring up the list in that case and you would have to hold the selection on the screen. Alternatively you could use that location-based option and maybe in conjunction it would know which one to activate with the shortcut.

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
A very nice video showing how to setup homelink and also how to assign to a shortcut key.

How to Pair a Garage Door to the HomeLink System in a Porsche Taycan
Paul Steinbruner
Thanks for posting this!! Just got it to work after resigning myself to carrying the remote in the car. I went ahead and passed it along to my sales rep, as he too hadn't figured it out yet.

And on we go....

Cheers

Denham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I finally got my Homelink to work after some instructions from Homelink (which still did not match the screens in the Taycan). However, it does not come up when near to the door (I used the set location button when in the same location). I have to go to the Homelink screen and click on the button there. Only a few extra steps but shouldn't it come up when close to the door?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
However, it does not come up when near to the door (I used the set location button when in the same location). I have to go to the Homelink screen and click on the button there. Only a few extra steps but shouldn't it come up when close to the door?
I have the same issue. The manual says it should be displayed, or even open it automatically. As of yet I have not see this capability.
And it's very annoying to have to click through 3-4 buttons just to open the garage door.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the same issue. The manual says it should be displayed, or even open it automatically. As of yet I have not see this capability.
And it's very annoying to have to click through 3-4 buttons just to open the garage door.
Well @dryii and @Denham in the video above https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/new-porsche-owner-needs-help-with-homelink.832/post-16985 Paul does seem to indicate that the location-based technique does not always work, I don't know why and I don't have the car to test it yet myself.

Denham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
This is probably because the location-based HomeLink in VW cars does not work the way you expect. All it does (in Audis, and VWs at least) is that it raises an alert notification that you can pull down and press to open the garage door. So, instead of a swipe and a press, you can simply press the alert and it can open the door. The problem in my experience (with multiple cars with this feature) is that the alert appears very briefly, so if it does not do so when you are in range of the door.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have deleted and added location multiple times and it never auto opens nor alerts, so if it has a function I don’t know it.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I have deleted and added location multiple times and it never auto opens nor alerts, so if it has a function I don’t know it.
Same here. The homelink did not appear despite setting up the location. I resigned to using the shortcut buttons for that.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Which on an unrelated note I have found another bug for @louv’s list. I had set up my shortcuts one way for homelink and camera, I switched them to a different configuration and they won’t stay in the new configuration, they keep reverting to the old setting. Tried this many times and many ways...

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I set the dash shortcut button to activate the garage door. If you haven't set a use for that it may be a solution for you.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I set the dash shortcut button to activate the garage door. If you haven't set a use for that it may be a solution for you.
I have multiple openers configured, but I'll check out your suggestion.