epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
So I am very familiar with HomeLink, rolling codes, learning, etc and have had many cars with HomeLink built in. But I am completely lost with the Taycan.

I am following the instructions, it learns the remote then in next step has a synchronization that says "Signal Sent." I have no idea what it is looking for, it is not a learning step (tried that), it doesn't seem to need another broadcast from remote to learn and it never works. And the manual has no content or instructions.

Maybe other Porsche owners can give me a hint or help? thanks.
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I know there was a similar problem with the first Model 3s to come to Europe. the home link system was loaded for US frequencies and so when you programmed it seemed to take the frequency codes but in reality it did not understand what the codes ment due to difference in frequencies...... wonder if Porsche could have done the same blunder..... that your home link is programed for EU frequencies. if so it is a simple software upgrade and should be remedied prettt soon i gather..... ask your dealer if this is a known glitch.....

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks right now I am suspecting that I simply don't understand what they mean about synchronizing, and am not doing it right. And as I said the instructions are not clear. I am hoping this system is similar to other Porsches and someone who has programmed that has insight.

yankees757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Range Rover, AudiSQ5
Country flag
Try looking for the learn button or program button on your garage door. Most US rolling code systems have a security feature that requires the button on the actual garage unit (or gate unit) to be pressed once followed quickly thereafter by the newly taught remote to grant the new remote access. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try looking for the learn button or program button on your garage door. Most US rolling code systems have a security feature that requires the button on the actual garage unit (or gate unit) to be pressed once followed quickly thereafter by the newly taught remote to grant the new remote access. Hope that helps.
thanks that was my guess, but Porsche has a "send signal," I pressed learn, sent signal then said "confirm signal was received" and my garage door opener does not sync (I have seen it when it does, it flashes the lights).

So I start by using my remote until it says ready, then do the learn and "send signal" and nothing happens.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I believe the Taycan has the same Homelink setup as the Auid eTron which is very similar and easy to program. I added all my garages and gates and it had no problem doing different systems. If your garage unit is not confirming the signal perhaps there is a glitch in your OS or as felixtb said its the Europe system.... Could it be that the time allotted to perform the second confirmation step is less than the time your taking?

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks that was my guess, but Porsche has a "send signal," I pressed learn, sent signal then said "confirm signal was received" and my garage door opener does not sync (I have seen it when it does, it flashes the lights).

So I start by using my remote until it says ready, then do the learn and "send signal" and nothing happens.
Please do let us know the outcome and fix for this issue. I have a gate and two garage doors at one location a gate at work & and a garage at another property so 5 devices in all.... Not having HomeLink functioning correctly would be a major inconvenience

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Did you ever manage to get the HomeLink to work?

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven’t had a chance to try again so no real update, been too busy driving the car and just using an app to open the garage door for now.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Homelink is a well-known notorious problem with Porsches. I've had two Panameras that I've never gotten Homelink to work with, despite extensive phone calls with Porsche USA and with Homelink reps. I just gave up and resigned to keeping garage-door openers clipped to my sun visors. I have never even bothered trying with my 2019 Macan, figuring it just won't work. There are many threads on this at the Rennlist forum.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Homelink is a well-known notorious problem with Porsches. I've had two Panameras that I've never gotten Homelink to work with, despite extensive phone calls with Porsche USA and with Homelink reps. I just gave up and resigned to keeping garage-door openers clipped to my sun visors. I have never even bothered trying with my 2019 Macan, figuring it just won't work. There are many threads on this at the Rennlist forum.
Interesting in the past I never had issues with my Porches with any garage That said the last Porsche I owned was in 2012 a Panamera GTS. My eTron can do up to 8 devices on its MMI system and it looks like the same system is on the Taycan. I have 5 devices I need to control and do not want the remotes I the car.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: I did get my first home link location to work, took couple of tries. Also other think I noticed that selecting the transmit didn’t always animate and send the signal.

One very nice location feature is that if you only have one door and have assigned it to a shortcut key pressing the shortcut won’t even bring up the menu but will transmit the home link based on location.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Alright got 4 doors total programmed with no issue. I was not pressing and holding the “send signal” during the setup process long enough to trigger the synch transmit. So it was user error and it works like a charm.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Alright got 4 doors total programmed with no issue. I was not pressing and holding the “send signal” during the setup process long enough to trigger the synch transmit. So it was user error and it works like a charm.
great to know. often you need to do short burst with the transmitter since they often send to short time for the system to properly register the signal....... but generally nice to know it’s not a fault in the system. :)

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
Good to know it's do-able! I was going to let my dealer come by and walk through it with me, as he has offered, but I'll try it solo now. (I'm hopeful it is like my new Carrera 4S, which has a GPS based door profile that appears on the screen when I get close enough to the garage.)

I too could never get it to work on the Panamera. Actually I was told that a fuse under the passenger seat had to be pulled in order for the door opener to be programmed. I dropped it off on my way out of town, and they allegedly did all that while I was gone, but upon my return it still did not work.

I never bothered trying all that again, just using the door remote from there on out.
Sponsored