New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
This thread has gone form useful info on the stop sale to organising an angry person's vacation and getting no thanks in return. Like ColinS said, we're all waiting, we're all frustrated...
I get the impression that he just wants an excuse to cancel the car.

I've been waiting 18 months for my car and this continued wait is very frustrating. As someone else said though, it's very much a first world problem.

If I was to throw my toys out of he pram and cancel the order, I'd be facing a further wait for another car, and it certainly wouldn't have the main characteristics of the Porsche which were the reason I chose the Taycan in the first place!

Of course the OP is facing some significant additional potential costs through no fault of their own, which hopefully the dealer / Porsche will help to mitigate.
Sponsored

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
By definition (or by stereotype), people who can afford a Taycan are probably not the most patient people in the world! I'm not patient at all and waiting has tested me but saving the PEC day until the 11 month point worked well to tide me over until delivery. It's a car that's worth the wait

ColinS

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD 2023
Country flag
I wrote to Porsche UK Customer Services last night, and it'll be interesting to see whether they bother responding or not. Here's what I wrote -

I ordered a new Taycan Sport Turismo RWD last July and have been expecting delivery this month. My dealer ,Porsche Centre Cambridge, have the car however they are telling me that due to a stop sale , they cannot register it , or release it to me until they hear further news from Germany. They have been given zero information to pass on other than that they've been asked to send a VAL download and wait further instructions. I understand that delays happen, however I am disgusted by the contemptuous arrogance of Porsche who seem to think it's acceptable to keep customers in the dark.

This is my first new Porsche having been a Maserati and Jaguar customer for many years. I feel that I have made a mistake to take my business to you.

Hoping you can help improve my experience of, and faith in, your company which currently is at rock bottom

We'll see how or whether they respond......

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I know we expect stellar service for a six figure car and that's ok but there's stuff beyond our, or even the dealership's, control. It happens. It's not like the USB demo failure when Bill Gates presented it with Windows 95 or 98 (can't remember) in front of millions of people. I bet he was pretty frustrated by that but life goes on. and this too shall pass.

What does tick me off (not saying this is happening here, yet anyway) is when people start to get too entitled and demanding unreasonable things. Reminds me when I was in Dubai and I was on a tour and some Romanian Youtuber (never heard of him btw) was behaving like an ass including trying to smoke on the tour bus because he felt he was more important than everyone else. He ended stranded in the middle of nowhere as the tour guide's patience had limits. Everyone cheered as the bus drove off.

ColinS

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD 2023
Country flag
I know we expect stellar service for a six figure car and that's ok but there's stuff beyond our, or even the dealership's, control. It happens. It's not like the USB demo failure when Bill Gates presented it with Windows 95 or 98 (can't remember) in front of millions of people. I bet he was pretty frustrated by that but life goes on. and this too shall pass.

What does tick me off (not saying this is happening here, yet anyway) is when people start to get too entitled and demanding unreasonable things. Reminds me when I was in Dubai and I was on a tour and some Romanian Youtuber (never heard of him btw) was behaving like an ass including trying to smoke on the tour bus because he felt he was more important than everyone else. He ended stranded in the middle of nowhere as the tour guide's patience had limits. Everyone cheered as the bus drove off.
AllI want is information. The dealers haven’t been given any info to pass on to customers. I don’t think that is too much to ask for- irrespective of how much the car cost. Porsche know what the issue is, they’ve just chosen to keep us all on the dark and hanging on with no real sense of when we will get the car. I’ve also now sold my car- so I’m driving my wife or sons cars right now

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Doesn't affect me, but following the thread with sympathy.

The lack of any details - even to dealers - I find very bizarre.
Makes me wonder if it's something stupidly embarrassing that they would prefer stay under wraps?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think they're just quiet because that's what they do... all the time. I'm not with Porsche for long but we just need to check the forum. Communication has been piss poor with any recalls, software updates, etc. Good or bad, they don't say anything.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I think there could be reasonable reasons for not giving too much detail into investigations on a potential issue. For example, if they suspect a security flaw, eg which could allow a car to be unlocked and started from the Internet, you’d want to identify and patch the issue, before releasing details.
However they aught to be doing a better job of managing expectations.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hanny thank you so much for your kind words and acknowledgement of my situation. I truly appreciate it.

Thanks again for your comments and compassion.
We’re all in exactly the same situation here, no need to be so nasty
I'm so confused. Where did I say something "so nasty?"

And sorry but we aren't "all in exactly the same situation." How many others are flying 1000 miles one way to take delivery with their family?

Last edited:

ColinS

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD 2023
Country flag
I'm so confused. Where did I say something "so nasty?"

And sorry but we aren't "all in exactly the same situation." How many others are flying 1000 miles one way to take delivery with their family?
Well, if I’m honest , despite everyone having their own challenges and frustrations ( I cancelled a business trip from UK to US to take delivery, for example.) people reacted to your predicament with kindness and sympathy. pretty much all of which you sneered at. Honestly no one really cares, but they tried to be nice anyway. Yet still you whine

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This thread has gone form useful info on the stop sale to organising an angry person's vacation and getting no thanks in return. Like ColinS said, we're all waiting, we're all frustrated...
He is angry for a reason

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does anyone know if it is too late to get out of buying the car ?. I saw my car at the dealers about 10 days ago, was slightly underwhelmed by it tbh and this delay has just made me even more pessimistic. They have 30% of my money already with them

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hi all.

In the same boat as many here. UK buyer, ordered a 4S June last year, due for collection tomorrow (Friday) at Porsche Newcastle.

Today my SA advised that tomorrow isn't happening, and that Porsche Germany have told them the timescale is 5 weeks from the date it was build complete/arrived in the UK (he wasn't super clear on this, timescales seem off when compared to what others say) to when I can expect to collect it. Which puts me back to mid June.

They have the car, but it's the same message around a software update from Germany.

I've had to push my insurance back, and right now I'm contemplating calling the whole thing off, my experience (first time Porsche customer) has been far less than I would expect.

Asked for a loaner, and they've offered nothing. It's the worst car buying experience I've ever had in terms of service and expectation management.

Sharing for info.
My experience was bad 12 months ago, ordered july 2021 with an expected oct/Nov build ending up going into build eventually April 2022 but delayed in manufacture and not finished until 30th June so very disappointed and the dealer told me 2 to 3 weeks to ship and PDI so dealer proposed 1st August delivery but then it went into storage with no 12V battery until November and eventually got it on 1st December.
I considered cancelling several times but am glad I didn’t now I have been driving it 5 months.
Sponsored