New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

glon

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This tracks with what other people have said. But it the "recall" launched in march, i wonder how other people were able to take delivery weeks ago and porsche only started holding cars recently.
I don’t see how it can be this, unless it’s an old issue that’s reoccurred. Mine was delivered to the dealer in the U.K. on Thursday and apparently it was the same day they were told about the stop sale order, so no reason to assume it was the above issue from March.

I agree with the other people who say that the customer service from Porsche is awful. Nobody seems to know anything and someone must know something.

Seems like quite an arrogant way for a brand to treat/communicate with their customers.
Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
It is software. No pinches of salt needed.

This is directly from PEC Atlanta:

"I hope you are well. We unfortunately received notification last Wednesday that a new stop sale was put out on certain 2023 Taycan models where a diagnostic needs to be ran and sent over to Germany for analyzation. Unfortunately, we are not able to release your vehicle until this diagnostic has been approved and removed by Porsche. Once submitted Germany takes three days to go through the process and determine if further steps are required. Once cleared from Germany PEC requires a day to process and then the vehicle can be released.

The workshop tech at PEC ATL submitted yours yesterday in the hopes that it would be analyzed by PAG and approved by the end of the week. We understand this is less than ideal when picking up your vehicle, and are willing to make any accommodations possible to make up for this inconvenience.

With that being said, we have a couple different options that we can offer you at this time.

· We can retain the original delivery date, having you come in to do all the activities associated with the delivery experience without releasing the car. We then would reimburse you for any rental cars needed since you will not have your vehicle, a return flight home, and also take care of transporting the vehicle to you once the Stop Sale is removed.

· Or we can reschedule you for a date in the following week or the one thereafter hopefully giving Germany and PEC ample time to remove the Stop Sale and have the vehicle ready to be released. We would then reimburse you for any flight or hotel changes/accommodations that would need to be made.
"

Because of this I may not purchase my Taycan Turbo at all!

This stop/sale is preventing me from taking delivery at PEC Atlanta and the resulting vacation/drive back to CT that I had planned out for my wife and daughter.

All our airfare and hotels were booked and paid for over a month ago when I got the delivery confirmation date from PEC. I spent hours mapping out our route to hotels along with where we are eating dinner and what charging locations we are targeting for stops. I also have/had an appointment to have PPF installed during one of the longer duration stays at a beach resort.

I am beyond pissed and the only recourse is to no go through with the purchase but that punishes my dealership(and myself) more than anything else but I refuse to spend this kind of money to be treated this way. This is my 9th Porsche and would have been my second time taking delivery @ PEC. I am not upset about the car nor missing PEC. It is my time, stress and loss of family time/vacation time that I am irate about.

There is a tiny chance they will have this expedited and completed Friday and PEC can do their part Monday (our expected delivery is/was Tuesday and we fly down on Monday) but given the length of delays noted here on the forums already and how disconnected PCNA is from PAG I have very little faith that this will happen.

I am not mad about how many months my car sat at port or the fact that I put a deposit down on this car 8 years ago (and turned down my first two allocations for a 2020 model because of the forced or missing options) but this has been a long wait and this is the final straw.

:angry:
Ask for a loaner Taycan until yours is ready. It's standard when your car is in for service so probably a lot easier and cheaper for PEC to arrange that than go through some reimbursement nonsense. You get to do the PEC day, have a car to use and keep your vacation. They already offered to transport your car to you, easy for PEC to pick up the loaner. The PPF just might have to be rescheduled but the rest is intact. And just maybe your car will be released in time.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Ask for a loaner Taycan until yours is ready.
Thanks gtm. I appreciate your suggestion. I wish they offered me a solution similar to what you proposed in the first place but it's too late now. My scheduled delivery @ PEC Atlanta was 5/30 and they needed a response from Germany by 5/26.

The delivery admin at PEC waited till the last minute on the 26th to let me know that Germany did not get back to them even though Germany is 6 hours ahead of eastern standard time. I am sure he wanted to embark on his holiday weekend without drama given the build up surrounding this delivery. He is at the mercy of the Porsche "machine" just as I am and my dealership is.

The PEC delivery and ensuing trip with my family has been canceled. They have my receipts for the hotels and airfare. Supposedly Porsche will reimburse the lost funds but that's just money. The biggest lost for me is the journey we had planned as a family and personally that was priceless. The car is a car, one of many. I'm not bothered by that.

It is up to Porsche NA/AG to acknowledge what has occurred and their response will determine if I purchase my Taycan Turbo at all. I have contacted them via indirect channels and the GM of my dealership has contacted them via multiple direct internal channels.

My dealer has been been amazing the entire time (I've been with the GM for over 20 years for a reason...) and this is 100% not their fault. If Porsche NA/AG doesn't step up my dealership said they will but I really don't want concessions to come out of the dealer franchise purse when it was never their fault in the first place.

Last edited:

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Thanks gtm. I appreciate your suggestion. I wish they offered me a solution similar to what you proposed in the first place but it's too late now. My scheduled delivery @ PEC Atlanta was 5/30 and they needed a response from Germany by 5/26.

The delivery admin at PEC waited till the last minute on the 26th to let me know that Germany did not get back to them even though Germany is 6 hours ahead of eastern standard time. I am sure he wanted to embark on his holiday weekend without drama given the build up surrounding this delivery. He is at the mercy of the Porsche "machine" just as I am and my dealership is.

The PEC delivery and ensuing trip with my family has been canceled. They have my receipts for the hotels and airfare. Supposedly Porsche will reimburse the lost funds but that's just money. The biggest lost for me is the journey we had planned as a family and for personally that was priceless. The car is a car, one of many and I'm not bothered by that.

It is up to Porsche NA/AG to acknowledge what has occurred and their response will determine if I purchase my Taycan Turbo at all. I have contacted them via indirect channels and the GM of my dealership has contacted them via multiple direct internal channels.

My dealer has been been amazing the entire time (I've been with the GM for over 20 years for a reason...) and this is 100% not their fault. If Porsche NA/AG doesn't step up my dealership said they will but I really don't want concessions to come out of the dealer franchise purse when it was never their fault in the first place.
Sorry to hear things went the way they did. Hope you find a way to make lemonade from some really crappy lemons.

Thomp24

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, macan s
Country flag
I was finally hoping to pick up my Taycan GTS (PP52ZW18) this weekend from Wolverhampton Porsche, but I got a call today saying that a new "stop sell" had come in from Porsche, which means they can't release my car for a few weeks or so. Apparently, someone was in the showroom yesterday to pick up theirs and wasn't allowed to drive it away.

Does anyone have details? The salesperson said it's probably a software update and he'll have more details next week.
it may be the seatbelt recall or problems with the instrument cluster. I have to get a new one built as it said it was “defective”

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
spoke to my dealer and they confirmed that the logs were sent on Monday with a MINIMUM 3 working day lead time. Turns out that Monday and Tuesday were bank holidays in Germany though so the clock didn't start ticking until Wednesday.
Why are banks needed to process logs?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It is software. No pinches of salt needed.

This is directly from PEC Atlanta:

"I hope you are well. We unfortunately received notification last Wednesday that a new stop sale was put out on certain 2023 Taycan models where a diagnostic needs to be ran and sent over to Germany for analyzation. Unfortunately, we are not able to release your vehicle until this diagnostic has been approved and removed by Porsche. Once submitted Germany takes three days to go through the process and determine if further steps are required. Once cleared from Germany PEC requires a day to process and then the vehicle can be released.

The workshop tech at PEC ATL submitted yours yesterday in the hopes that it would be analyzed by PAG and approved by the end of the week. We understand this is less than ideal when picking up your vehicle, and are willing to make any accommodations possible to make up for this inconvenience.

With that being said, we have a couple different options that we can offer you at this time.

· We can retain the original delivery date, having you come in to do all the activities associated with the delivery experience without releasing the car. We then would reimburse you for any rental cars needed since you will not have your vehicle, a return flight home, and also take care of transporting the vehicle to you once the Stop Sale is removed.

· Or we can reschedule you for a date in the following week or the one thereafter hopefully giving Germany and PEC ample time to remove the Stop Sale and have the vehicle ready to be released. We would then reimburse you for any flight or hotel changes/accommodations that would need to be made.
"

Because of this I may not purchase my Taycan Turbo at all!

This stop/sale is preventing me from taking delivery at PEC Atlanta and the resulting vacation/drive back to CT that I had planned out for my wife and daughter.

All our airfare and hotels were booked and paid for over a month ago when I got the delivery confirmation date from PEC. I spent hours mapping out our route to hotels along with where we are eating dinner and what charging locations we are targeting for stops. I also have/had an appointment to have PPF installed during one of the longer duration stays at a beach resort.

I am beyond pissed and the only recourse is to no go through with the purchase but that punishes my dealership(and myself) more than anything else but I refuse to spend this kind of money to be treated this way. This is my 9th Porsche and would have been my second time taking delivery @ PEC. I am not upset about the car nor missing PEC. It is my time, stress and loss of family time/vacation time that I am irate about.

There is a tiny chance they will have this expedited and completed Friday and PEC can do their part Monday (our expected delivery is/was Tuesday and we fly down on Monday) but given the length of delays noted here on the forums already and how disconnected PCNA is from PAG I have very little faith that this will happen.

I am not mad about how many months my car sat at port or the fact that I put a deposit down on this car 8 years ago (and turned down my first two allocations for a 2020 model because of the forced or missing options) but this has been a long wait and this is the final straw.

:angry:
They have Taycans at PECLA, just ask them to let you drive one of theirs home, then when ship yours to you, they can pickup theirs. They did say "any accommodations possible".

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Why are banks needed to process logs?
"Bank holiday" is a UK English term that actually refers to public holidays, and that officially translates to "legally mandated holiday" in German. Germany (especially South Germany) has a lot of holidays every year, and it is actually illegal to open during those except for some specific professions, like doctors, gas stations, and some exempt convenience stores (so that you can still get diapers and food in a pinch).

What ColinS was saying is simply: It was holiday in Germany, so Porsche was closed.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My GTS ST came with it in March.

I've heard that it is being dropped for a while due to semiconductor shortages.
I’m told that my recently delivered (but still not collected!) GTS still has this.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m told that my recently delivered (but still not collected!) GTS still has this.
It will do.

I think Porsche are dropping the option across all models and not just the Taycan.

Could be misinformation of course

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I believe it’s standard on GTS and above. I have GTS on order and it will have electric column. Although there could be variations between regions as to what is standard?

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
The spec for my car (4sct) listed on the myporsche app says it has the electronic steering column.

bomba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi all, new here -- just wanted to join in to watch/participate in this thread. I ordered a 2023 Taycan GTS and it was delivered to my dealership about 2 weeks ago. Made arrangements to pick up this past Friday (2 days ago) -- bought my plane ticket to fly in early Friday AM...got an email from the dealership late Thursday afternoon with a Stop Delivery notice. Had to cancel all the plans. No news on what exactly it is...just that they told me it is a "quality control issue" and the dealership doesn't know exactly what Porsche is looking for...at least that's what they told me. We will see what happens...
Sponsored

Last edited: