New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
Oh no my Porsche is going to be a few weeks late because of a likely safety issue. Get a grip everyone, you are getting a new Porsche - a first world problem!
Shit happens! But you ain’t starving or in a war zone.
Sponsored

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Oh no my Porsche is going to be a few weeks late because of a likely safety issue. Get a grip everyone, you are getting a new Porsche - a first world problem!
I'm paying almost as much for this car as I did my first house. If my builder told me the house would take 3 months longer than originally estimated, but refused to tell me why, I would be firing up the lawyers. And its a hell of a lot easier building a Porsche than it is a house.

In this day and age it's just what is expected of consumers, justified or not. So you can't really fault people for losing it over being given false dates over and over again. Holding people accountable is one of the features of humanity that set us apart and drives people to succeed.

I was lucky enough to not rearrange my travel plans because I just had a feeling the car wasn't going to arrive when they said it would. Luckily I was right and didn't waste my money.

Also, the term first world is antiquated and should no longer be used...

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
My CT4S had it but it is no longer a standard part or part of and option except on higher end models afaik.
thanks for pointing out, wasn't aware it had been dropped as an available option for models below the GTS now!

had mistakenly assumed it was still a part of the comfort pack (I think there was where it was?) memory package for seats, but clearly not there now.

maybe it will re-appear by the time may car is actually expected to arrive! (q1 2024)

Last edited:

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
It is software. No pinches of salt needed.

This is directly from PEC Atlanta:

"I hope you are well. We unfortunately received notification last Wednesday that a new stop sale was put out on certain 2023 Taycan models where a diagnostic needs to be ran and sent over to Germany for analyzation. Unfortunately, we are not able to release your vehicle until this diagnostic has been approved and removed by Porsche. Once submitted Germany takes three days to go through the process and determine if further steps are required. Once cleared from Germany PEC requires a day to process and then the vehicle can be released.

The workshop tech at PEC ATL submitted yours yesterday in the hopes that it would be analyzed by PAG and approved by the end of the week. We understand this is less than ideal when picking up your vehicle, and are willing to make any accommodations possible to make up for this inconvenience.

With that being said, we have a couple different options that we can offer you at this time.

· We can retain the original delivery date, having you come in to do all the activities associated with the delivery experience without releasing the car. We then would reimburse you for any rental cars needed since you will not have your vehicle, a return flight home, and also take care of transporting the vehicle to you once the Stop Sale is removed.

· Or we can reschedule you for a date in the following week or the one thereafter hopefully giving Germany and PEC ample time to remove the Stop Sale and have the vehicle ready to be released. We would then reimburse you for any flight or hotel changes/accommodations that would need to be made.
"

Because of this I may not purchase my Taycan Turbo at all!

This stop/sale is preventing me from taking delivery at PEC Atlanta and the resulting vacation/drive back to CT that I had planned out for my wife and daughter.

All our airfare and hotels were booked and paid for over a month ago when I got the delivery confirmation date from PEC. I spent hours mapping out our route to hotels along with where we are eating dinner and what charging locations we are targeting for stops. I also have/had an appointment to have PPF installed during one of the longer duration stays at a beach resort.

I am beyond pissed and the only recourse is to no go through with the purchase but that punishes my dealership(and myself) more than anything else but I refuse to spend this kind of money to be treated this way. This is my 9th Porsche and would have been my second time taking delivery @ PEC. I am not upset about the car nor missing PEC. It is my time, stress and loss of family time/vacation time that I am irate about.

There is a tiny chance they will have this expedited and completed Friday and PEC can do their part Monday (our expected delivery is/was Tuesday and we fly down on Monday) but given the length of delays noted here on the forums already and how disconnected PCNA is from PAG I have very little faith that this will happen.

I am not mad about how many months my car sat at port or the fact that I put a deposit down on this car 8 years ago (and turned down my first two allocations for a 2020 model because of the forced or missing options) but this has been a long wait and this is the final straw.

:angry:
Don’t know what it’s like in the states compared to the UK but organising a holiday round collecting a factory new-build arriving on time (with ANY manufacturer) seems mental to me.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I was lucky enough to not rearrange my travel plans because I just had a feeling the car wasn't going to arrive when they said it would. Luckily I was right and didn't waste my money.
That story always bothered me. Guy could've still gone on vacation by simply renting a car lol.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Where there's a will, there's a mean.

I had planned to go to a Coldplay concert and pick up the car on my way back. I wouldn't miss the concert regardless of car or no car. Just the planning would change.

In the end the car arrived earlier (2 days) so I thought "Let's just fly over, get it, drive back home and then depending on our experience, drive back to the concert"

The driving/charging experience was indeed spectacular BUT the evening before driving to the concert we got news of the parking problems, the city overwhelmed with 200.000 visitors plus University festive days so I got cold feet and took the Merc instead of the Taycan. Didn't have the confidence after only having the car for one and a half days and only had driven it on the highway. Parking that thing in an unknown city would be complicated.

No regrets

Today I would take the Taycan no doubts

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
That story always bothered me. Guy could've still gone on vacation by simply renting a car lol.
just curious what about euro deliveries? just basically go on vacation that's not related to the car anymore?

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
my point is it's not completely asinine to plan a trip around a car delivery, especially when it supposedly has been confirmed.

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You don’t know what you are talking about as you are not in that situation and find it rather annoying when people think they should have an opinion on how others react to situations .
I sold my car a day before hand over , I have had to do the school run via Uber and not heard anything concrete from Porsche.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I think you took a wrong turn on the interwebs. This forum, by definition, is all about first world problems. Perhaps find a forum which talks about problems you’re interested in, and kindly proceed to post there?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Taycans can be very expensive to rent. Porsche is unlikely to cover a $500-$1,000 Turo per day rental for a vacation.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Any variant above a 4S has the electric steering column adjustment as part of the 14 or 18 way seats. So GTS, Turbo and Turbo S retain the feature.

Any variant 4S and below with the same seat option now doesn't have the electric column adjustment.

Relevant to new builds going forward.

Reactions: Jin

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I think you took a wrong turn on the interwebs. This forum, by definition, is all about first world problems. Perhaps find a forum which talks about problems you’re interested in, and kindly proceed to post there?
Likewise, if you post about your issues on the forum, don’t be surprised if you get opinions and comments that may not align with your own!
;)

Last edited: