New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Going back to the topic if I may, my car has gone to stage 5 this morning, hoping that's a sign of progress. The app still doesn't work for me but I can see it on the web page.
Sponsored

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Likewise, if you post about your issues on the forum, don’t be surprised if you get opinions and comments that may not align with your own!
;)
I'm not sure his comment was the most contructive. Saying something is a "First World problem" is such a banal comment to make in any situation. Why someone should not care about an issue which is important to them because elsewhere there is a war on is such a tedious point of view and baffles me. Does that mean nobody can complain about *anything* because there is always something worse happening in the world? I assume this person never complains about a single thing, then? I'll assume if they eat at an expensive restaurant and the food is burnt, they won't mind the manager saying "this is a First World problem, as there are people starving in some parts of the world". :rolleyes:

Cherryjock

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Going back to the topic if I may, my car has gone to stage 5 this morning, hoping that's a sign of progress. The app still doesn't work for me but I can see it on the web page.
Its the Big Battery, apparently.

My dealer had the car on the 18th of May, the same day they were informed about the stop sale. They were hopeful it would be ready for hand over on the 27th, as planned.
On Friday I got a call to say there would be no handover. They need to run a test on the big battery but that could not start until 30-40 days after production. My car was at Embden on 5th May so it looks like it could be the middle of June at the earliest before I can have it.

The dealer has been great but the tumbleweed from Porsche about this is unfair. This car is costing more than my previous house but the manufacturer seems to think it's OK to treat their customers like passengers on the worst of the budget airlines.

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag

My dealer had the car on the 18th of May, the same day they were informed about the stop sale. They were hopeful it would be ready for hand over on the 27th, as planned.
On Friday I got a call to say there would be no handover. They need to run a test on the big battery but that could not start until 30-40 days after production. My car was at Embden on 5th May so it looks like it could be the middle of June at the earliest before I can have it.

The dealer has been great but the tumbleweed from Porsche about this is unfair. This car is costing more than my previous house but the manufacturer seems to think it's OK to treat their customers like passengers on the worst of the budget airlines.
Thanks for the info. I don't think my car falls into this category though. It was built in mid-February and is still stuck in Jacksonville. I am wondering if mine is due to lack of transportation options. I plan on calling the dealer today as they are open even though it's a national holiday.

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag

I have to agree that Porsche really don't care about customers. I run a customer facing team and we'd never get away with treating customers like this.

This is my 3rd Porsche and I've never had a good buying or service experience. After buying my 2nd with Porsche London, when I was asked for feedback I told them I got better service buying a newspaper.

Since starting this thread when i was given the stop sell news, despite leaving several messages I've had no updates or callbacks - and that was after 2 weeks of chasing to try and understand why I didn't have my car.

I will keep calling and I'm going to ask for a courtesy car as I'll have no car soon.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag

Mine was built about 6 weeks ago so fingers crossed if that is the case I have crossed that bridge.

I can now see the car in My Garage in the app and it lets me configure some online services.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My dealer, as always, has been excellent. It’s not their fault, it’s Porsche AG.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
My production images were taken on 3rd April, so if thats the case mine should be able to be dealt with.

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
My bad, I got this via email on Friday (one week after being told I couldn't pick up).

The stop sale on the Taycans are split into 2 groups, recall 8 and recall 9. Recall 9’s are delayed for around 6 weeks, recall 8’s are imminent.
The good news is yours is recall 8. This means that we processed the update to Porsche on the 24th and are just awaiting confirmation to register. This will hopefully be over the next couple of days. We have everything we need so the minute we have confirmation we can register I’ll pick up the phone and get you in the car.

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m now on week 3 at the port with no updates from my SA. I was told ‘the system says delivery is June 1st so don’t ask again.’ I guess I’ll lay low this week and see what happens by Friday…

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
My bad, I got this via email on Friday (one week after being told I couldn't pick up).

The stop sale on the Taycans are split into 2 groups, recall 8 and recall 9. Recall 9’s are delayed for around 6 weeks, recall 8’s are imminent.
The good news is yours is recall 8. This means that we processed the update to Porsche on the 24th and are just awaiting confirmation to register. This will hopefully be over the next couple of days. We have everything we need so the minute we have confirmation we can register I’ll pick up the phone and get you in the car.
My dealer explained the same to me (posted it somewhere...). Mine is mode / recall 8, but still stuck in Sheerness!!!