OP
OP

Dom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Personally, I'm not a fan of the new 'look'.
While this is pretty, I liked seeing a rolling tally of cost in the right column so I could trade off options to hit a budget.
Without a rolling tally, you don't know if you're over or under your budget until you get to the end. and then you have to go back to make changes.
I think this is not production ready yet, as there are no prices shown anywhere.
I do hope they give a clear price overview, where you can see the total price all the time. For the same reason as you mention, to see if you hit your price target or not.
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Maybe they’re going the same route as Lamborghini and not putting prices on. “If you can afford to look, you can afford the car”? Would seem short sighted though so hopefully not.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Personally, I'm not a fan of the new 'look'.
While this is pretty, I liked seeing a rolling tally of cost in the right column so I could trade off options to hit a budget.
Without a rolling tally, you don't know if you're over or under your budget until you get to the end. and then you have to go back to make changes.
Maybe they’re going the same route as Lamborghini and not putting prices on. “If you can afford to look, you can afford the car”? Would seem short sighted though so hopefully not.

This is the "international configurator", so there are no prices to display.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes, this is not the UK configurator I have had it before when I ended up at Porsche.com instead of Porsche.co.uk

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
This might be a bug in this unreleased configurator – but its interesting the the dashcam pre-wiring is forcing the selection of the Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control.

Also it feels like pre-wiring for front and rear dashcam is new.

I dislike any glass roof so its a nope from me!

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Taycan Configurator Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 17.56.13

Reactions: Dom

OP
OP

Dom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Ow, so no new car configurator than?
Weird that they make a totally different design for the international configurator compared to all the local ones.

OP
OP

Dom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
This might be a bug in this unreleased configurator – but its interesting the the dashcam pre-wiring is forcing the selection of the Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control.

Also it feels like pre-wiring for front and rear dashcam is new.

I dislike any glass roof so its a nope from me!

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 17.56.13.png
i dislike the glass roof 2. But I wanted the roof bars, so I had to take the glass top :/ which is weird in my opinion but maybe there is a logical explanation why a glass roof is mandatory when you take roof bars?

Reactions: pio

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Ow, so no new car configurator than?
Weird that they make a totally different design for the international configurator compared to all the local ones.

I think it's safe to assume that, given time, the new layout will make it to each country-specific configurator.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
i dislike the glass roof 2. But I wanted the roof bars, so I had to take the glass top :/ which is weird in my opinion but maybe there is a logical explanation why a glass roof is mandatory when you take roof bars?
The fixings for the roof bars / transport system are integrated into the glass roof guttering with no alternative mounting option.

Reactions: Dom

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
With all respect, but why do you dislike the glasroof? I can understand because of the weight and heating.. but it gives a cabrio like feeling, more headspace, nice view.. etc

OP
OP

Dom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
With all respect, but why do you dislike the glasroof? I can understand because of the weight and heating.. but it gives a cabrio like feeling, more headspace, nice view.. etc
- I’m not a tall person so I don’t really care about more headspace.
- I really like to be in a more dark cabin and a glass roof isn’t really helping for that :)
- But the kids will probably like it in the back.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
PMFJI but I dislike glass roofs too.

I don't particularly like the feel of radiation on my skin, particularly on top of my head. Without the sun shade I found being in the car with a glass roof unpleasant. The Taycan glass roof doesn't have a shade.

I had them on a couple of cars in the past and I did not like it at all without the shade pulled over.

The metal Taycan roof with the feature lines continuing from the bonnet also looks much better to my eye.

Tha cabriolet feel is more "wind in the hair" than "radiation on the head" or "wider view for rear seat passengers" IMO, normally, I admit, rear seat passengers in a 4-seat cabrio get blown about too much so I wouldn't have one of them either.

I have owned open 2 seaters for over 30 years and actually end up with the roof up if it is very sunny, radiation feel again.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The metal Taycan roof with the feature lines continuing from the bonnet also looks much better to my eye.
This so much!

I got the data recently: 97% of Taycan's sold in Ireland option the roof. I like having a unique car and not getting the roof helps make it "rarer".

Neptune Blue, Blackberry interior, metal roof.

I'm on my own here – brilliant!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Additionally, the way the glass roof interfaces with the rear window glass always bugged me.

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Taycan Configurator Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 09.09.49

Porsche Taycan New Porsche Taycan Configurator Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 09.10.19