New poster, new car spec configuration - advice please :)

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The 150 kW DC charging capability is (almost) useless. Unless you can find the 3 or 4 chargers more powerful than 50kW that still rely on 400V, you will never use it.

"That option isn’t needed because essentially every DC charging station in North America capable of putting out greater than 50 kW is already able to put out power at “800V” so the Taycan’s default 400V 50 kW converter limitation doesn’t apply.

Even in Europe, there are only a very small number of charging stations that can’t handle more than 500V and can also output more than 50 kW."

https://electricrevs.com/2019/11/19...uyers-pay-for-the-optional-150-kw-dc-charger/

Here in Portugal almost every public AC charger can output 22kW. That is one option I would choose in a new car. But every market has its differences.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Even in Europe, there are only a very small number of charging stations that can’t handle more than 500V and can also output more than 50 kW."
For the cost of this option of 150 kW charger, I consider that one of the best values in the option list. There may be very few 150 kW chargers in Portugal ( seem very few HPC full stop!) but in Central Europe there are quite a few.

Also if you like to gamble a bit, what about if Tesla chargers suddenly would be available for CCS charging. It is said there are already some stations available?? They are to my knowledge all 400 volt.

Feel that is worth a chance?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Id add Mission E wheels in black along with the sport side skirts.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's why I said that every market has its characteristics. My car has it, to future-proof it, but I'm almost sure I will never use it.
Sponsored