New recall - brake issue

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I just received an email from nhtsa regarding a new recall because of a brake issue. I’m on my mobile so I cannot post the link. Visit the nhtsa site for details
Sponsored

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just checked my Vin number on NHTSA website and my 4S has 0 recalls.

OP
OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I will ignore it until Porsche tells me I have a recall.
That’s your choice, I am a bit more proactive and while the car is in for an update on Friday I will have them check on this recall

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
The 11 vehicles include Taycans and 911s. The Taycans in the recall were built between JUL 07, 2020 and MAR 05, 2021.

IofdTiger7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
It's great to see this taking place, but in my case my vehicle is not covered under the recall and my vehicle has been awaiting a brake booster from Germany.

From personal experience, I would advise getting your vehicle checked out at any sign of brake pressure loss. I had a near collision after I experienced brake pressure loss while driving and nearly slammed into the vehicle in front of me in a tunnel. Luckily this was on my way to the dealer nearly a month ago where it's been sitting ever since.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I will ignore it until Porsche tells me I have a recall.
Exactly. Already checked the production dates window and mine is not affected. Easy to see in 2 seconds looking at the NHTSA PDF.

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My 2021 Taycan RWD is currently at the dealer service for brake issues. I noticed a big change in the brakes after AMB5 recall update. Under 5mph coming to a stop, I hear a grind/creaking type noise and then have to press the brakes harder to get the car to stop. Also had PSM errors twice while braking.

Car dropped off at dealer last Wednesday, Sept 8. At first I was told may need new brake booster, then I was told brake module. Latest update is waiting to hear from Porsche technical support on agreement of next steps to fix - hopefully this week. Super frustrated how long this is taking and I fear a part order will be needed and make the timeframe even longer.

Curious if this recall could be my issue. I don’t have the production date of my car with me, but I believe it falls into the window of production time on the recall. My car arrived at the dealer around mid-March 2021.

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My 2021 Taycan RWD is currently at the dealer service for brake issues. I noticed a big change in the brakes after AMB5 recall update. Under 5mph coming to a stop, I hear a grind/creaking type noise and then have to press the brakes harder to get the car to stop. Also had PSM errors twice while braking.

Car dropped off at dealer last Wednesday, Sept 8. At first I was told may need new brake booster, then I was told brake module. Latest update is waiting to hear from Porsche technical support on agreement of next steps to fix - hopefully this week. Super frustrated how long this is taking and I fear a part order will be needed and make the timeframe even longer.

Curious if this recall could be my issue. I don’t have the production date of my car with me, but I believe it falls into the window of production time on the recall. My car arrived at the dealer around mid-March 2021.
Update - just got my car back yesterday after getting the brake module replaced. The new module seems to have resolved my issue and the brakes feel normal again. 36 days from drop off to fixed and returned.
Sponsored