New Recall NHTSA Campaign 21V362000 - Front Control Arms

BTR12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Cayenne e-Hybrid; 2015 Panamera 4
Country flag
I do not believe that you are quite right saying ALL taycans have this issue, there is a set of cars that have been identified as having this fault. not ALL
the site that you are depending on for the info appears to be in error.
You are correct - it was poorly worded on my part. I started to say it didn't include the Panamera, Macan or Cayennes. The "all" wasn't meant to be inclusive...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
There are 2 NHTSA recalls on the 2021 4S. I have a post with the citation on this thred. steve
there may be two recalls but they are not general recalls, the recalls are for specific sets of vehicles.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
There are 2 NHTSA recalls on the 2021 4S. I have a post with the citation on this thred. steve
I saw that, but both recalls list a small number of affected Taycans, neither of which my VIN appears to be part of.

I was just responding to the request for recalls by VIN on NHTSA from the OP, which shows 0 for my VIN.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
there may be two recalls but they are not general recalls, the recalls are for specific sets of vehicles.
That’s right. You can read the actual notices at the location I cited. One must check to see whether one’s VIN number is affected. The point is there is a need to check, and seek correction if affected. In some cases, though, NHTSA says in the notice that the VIN numbers are not sequential. I take this to mean that even if one’s VIN number is within the range, it may not be subject to recall. In such case, I guess you call the dealer to ascertain coverage for your particular vehicle.

The mfg “conversations” listed on the page are also of importance. For example, they prescribe the use of only certain oils and only certain tires and wheels. These lists are updated every so often.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/vinLookup

Maybe some Taycans do, but Porsche says I have null recalls:

D940B35A-3966-44DA-890A-0919D632A324.jpeg
Yes, the site gives you the opportunity to see whether your VIN is affected. The point is to be aware of a recall and check. For one recall affecting the Taycan a notice to owners isn’t even scheduled to go out yet. Perhaps the NHTSA app will put owners on notice before they receive mfg notice. How did you become aware of the general recall notice, if I may ask? Steve