New recall on Taycans: ANA6 center/passenger displays and control panel do not start, RTV flickering image

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Interesting, does not show for my 2020 car even though the software version should be covered. In fairness though I have never experienced the issue with the backup camera.
Same here, have a 2020 Turbo and don’t see it online. I actually just experienced this bout 3 days ago for the first time.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
They did a show n tell with the car, but shipped the car to the dealership afterwards. The PECLA experience was wonderful though, and it's hard to have a bad day with that much track time and good food.

Glad to hear the PECLA experience was worth it and heard the food there was amazing. Did they have a lot of choices on the menu ?

Considering the PECLA if I ever get a 911 allocation....

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
This exact phenomenon happened to me 2 days ago.

The MAIN CENTRE CONSOLE SCREEN went bananas and flickered like a strobe light. The haptics were impaired as were several functions.

It hasn't returned but OMG here we go with another recall. This one is moderately serious as it actually caused several vehicle functions to freeze.

I had to turn the car off in a safe place, wait, then re-start.

I guess I'll head into the dealer soon.

Last edited:

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
I got the recall but why would they announce it and provide the ability to schedule service if it’s not ready yet?

THE REMEDY FOR THIS RECALL IS NOT YET AVAILABLE

my car randomly lost connection so the app is kind of worthless since it can’t get a status from the car. This disappeared yesterday. I believe it stopped working after I did the OTA. Anyone know if this is related?

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Glad to hear the PECLA experience was worth it and heard the food there was amazing. Did they have a lot of choices on the menu ?

Considering the PECLA if I ever get a 911 allocation....
Lots of choices. Pretty seafood forward, but apparently the burger is a great option if seafood isn’t one’s preference. They also had a couple vegan and vegetarian options.

Really excellent presentation with little 911 moulds for the butter, deserts in the shape of Taycans, etc.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I have had this happen to me three times in 16 months. PCM would not boot up. I was able to clear by resetting the PCM several times.

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just got this when logging in this morning on the web to my.porsche.com:
ANA6 recall.jpg

I wish a remedy was available.
Me too. Mine is suffering from this, and has been at the dealership since June 1, waiting for the remedy. I wish there was even a workaround, but the 2 finger reset doesn’t appear to work when the screens blank out.

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had this happen to me three times in 16 months. PCM would not boot up. I was able to clear by resetting the PCM several times.
How did you reset it when the screens blank out? I have tried to with the 2 finger reset, but couldn’t get it to work when the screens are blanked out.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
How did you reset it when the screens blank out? I have tried to with the 2 finger reset, but couldn’t get it to work when the screens are blanked out.
It’s not actually the exact top right, it’s where the clock is, so an inch or two below the actual top right.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
First, since the screen is black you can't see where to place your fingers. It is a guess to select the right position (upper right - where the clock was). Once the screen starts to reset, it may not work on the first attempt. One fix took four reboots to regain the main display.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Interesting, does not show for my 2020 car even though the software version should be covered. In fairness though I have never experienced the issue with the backup camera.
Same here, MY2020 (23K km), never experienced any issues so no updates for me.
Even if it applies for my car I'll refuse it cuz I'm afraid to get the colored icons which I really don't like...😁

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just incase this is useful information: My MY22 Turbo CT was also recalled for this same issue. I have only experienced the issue once (I'm at 3k miles and 7 months), but I was on a road trip w/ the kids and it was a pain not to be able to use Nav etc. on the car's screens, adjust drive modes, etc..

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I carry a 10mm socket and ratchet so I can pull the negative battery terminal, just in case. Old habits of carrying tools die hard.

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just incase this is useful information: My MY22 Turbo CT was also recalled for this same issue. I have only experienced the issue once (I'm at 3k miles and 7 months), but I was on a road trip w/ the kids and it was a pain not to be able to use Nav etc. on the car's screens, adjust drive modes, etc..
Wow, mine does it on a regular basis, perhaps every 4th or 5th time driving it.
Sponsored