4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
this site is amazing. it knew about the tragedy of the Felicity Ace before the news could broadcast it. Now it knows about a recall before most dealers know about it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
It states: "malfunctioning control panel may obstruct drivers view of camera assisted driving functions"

When I was young, we didn't need "assistance" systems. People just drove.
some people walked to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.
times change and new technologies are now part of the package.
in a few years crash avoidance systems will be mandatory.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Well the document does state bring software up to the current version and address several customer satisfaction issues unrelated to this notice - so the upgrade goes beyond what is described... so I am cautiously optimistic- but realistically prepared to be disappointed ;)
Perhaps the update will address freezing posted speed limit display. This started for me, in a MY 2021 4S after the WNA5 firmware update just installed.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...re-posted-speed-limit-fail.11049/#post-161921

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
some people walked to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways.
times change and new technologies are now part of the package.
We can design for the world as we wish it were or as we romanticize that it once was, or we can design for reality. I’m not playing with my phone — I’m enjoying my Porsche… the teen behind me is on TikTok on her phone, and I’m grateful her car has a nanny system that works.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
The more 'avoidance' systems in our cars, the better. At least for me.
Lane departure warning in a rented Toyota saved me from a major accident on the 405 in Los Angeles two years ago. But the Tesla accident warning system failed me last year and I ended up with a $10,000 fender bender in my model Y. Had I not been checking in my rear view mirror, I would have seen the car in front stop short. That’s what a working accident avoidance system should help prevent.

Last edited:

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Can't weigh in on the policy discourse, but I have learned one thing after over a year in my Taycan (first EV) --Don't buy one if you don't reside near a dealer and one with plenty of loaners is a must.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
This does actually sound like good news, especially the note about Porsche planning to provide a software update to bring all cars on par with the late February 2022-onwards produced cars. I'm looking forward to it!

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
More government control - BS.
Sorry, but this just seems like a terrible position to take. Almost all of these regulations are written in blood because of preventable tragedies.

There was a time when manufacturers had to be required to install seatbelts in cars. For the issue at hand, it's almost certainly that the backup camera isn't turning on within 2 seconds of going into reverse, for which there is no possible downside I could think of, and these cameras almost certainly have saved lives since being required.

The folks working at the NHTSA really only care about ensuring the safety of everyone on the road because manufacturers have been proven time and time again to really only be concerned about their profits. I doubt crash avoidance would come any sooner than 5 years since even the simple topic of rear visibility involves a 128 page document (https://one.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nvs/pdf/test-procedures/TP-111-V-01-final.pdf) describing what manufacturers are required to do, and crash avoidance would certainly require quite a bit more than that. Even if it does become standard, there's little chance in my mind that the cons of it would outweigh the pros here.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The folks working at the NHTSA really only care about ensuring the safety of everyone...
Sorry, but that is a bit too naive for me, certainly after the Boeing MAX thing.

I don't mind safety features, but not when they hamper the experience and get very annoying. Like the collision warning I get all the time, because I have to drive on a road through a park with lots of people walking on that road. Can I switch it off?

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I've experienced the rear-camera and the 360-degree view malfunction numerous times, and I brought it up to the dealer. So, it's great that finally there is some traction on fixing this problem. The VIN lookup tool doesn't show my car though yet, so we'll see how long it takes to actually get it fixed.

Porsche Taycan New recall? Vehicle Display Malfunction/FMVSS 111 Screenshot_20220616-051926_Chrome

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Seem like the VIN mapping underlying the Porsche online recall lookup and internal service campaign lookup hasn't been completed yet. Interested to hear if anybody gets a positive match on their VIN for the recall, whether online or via their dealer service department.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Seem like the VIN mapping underlying the Porsche online recall lookup and internal service campaign lookup hasn't been completed yet. Interested to hear if anybody gets a positive match on their VIN for the recall, whether online or via their dealer service department.
I expect all taycans till a certain cut off period (somewhere in 2022 I guess) will get it. It has porsche reference ANA6. My car a couple of weeks ago got ANA5 so it would make sense. My car is next week at the Porsche dealer so I will check if they already know something about the ANA6 update

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Wait - the VINs weren't loaded before we were told we could look them up?
Sponsored