First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello,

I will be receiving my new Taycan 4S at the end of Apr. Very exciting! Any input on must do and must NOT do in the first few weeks of ownership.

Thank you!
Don’t tear down Broadway in your awesome hometown…them folks may not hear it coming.
Sponsored

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello,

I will be receiving my new Taycan 4S at the end of Apr. Very exciting! Any input on must do and must NOT do in the first few weeks of ownership.

Thank you!
As a person who received my new CT4S in January I would recommend:

1. Enjoying the car. It’s amazing. Don’t get too hung up on checking consumption or range over the first 6-8 weeks. just enjoy it!

2. Snack on reading the owners manual. The best learning is driving the car and playing around with the PCM, Drive modes etc

3. Get comfy with the charging source you plan on using most. Hopefully that’s going to be at home for you. That way any initial range anxieties your transition will lead to will be eased knowing you have a reliable source, you understand, on your doorstep.

4. Come back hear with any questions. The folks here have always been excellent at answering questions very well.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello,

Thank you!
Don't expect braking recuperation to be fully active for braking until some miles are on the car. Overrun recuperation will be available to a degree.

Don't expect max range on day 1. It will take a while.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
Don't go above 3000 RPMs for the first 500 miles. Then don't redline it for the first 1000 to be sure the piston rings are fully sealed. Recommended first oil change at 1500 miles. After that, just enjoy it!
Good one 🤙

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Make sure you use preheat/precool to make sure the cabin is at the proper temp before pulling away.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Don’t use DC charging first 1000 km was the advice I got.
Yeh don't know about that one. I only DC charge.

Anyway, when you do use a public charger remember to unlock the car before you attempt remove the charging cable after ending the charge on the charger. Otherwise you will be yanking it for 20 mins panicking before you realise it's because it's still locked. Don't be that person. It is very annoying 😣 DOH!

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Yeh don't know about that one. I only DC charge.

Anyway, when you do use a public charger remember to unlock the car before you attempt remove the charging cable after ending the charge on the charger. Otherwise you will be yanking it for 20 mins panicking before you realise it's because it's still locked. Don't be that person. It is very annoying 😣 DOH!
The very first time I DC charged the cable refused to unlock (and my car WAS unlocked)...it took a lot of screwing around and fruitless phone calls before it unlocked the cable (not even sure what finally unlocked it!)... I have found this "failure to unlock the cable" to happen a fair amount of the time BUT finally figured out that unlocking in the PCM (Charging | .....) always worked.

Chelsea9

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4. Taycan 4S Chalk due May 2023
Country flag
Find the closest round-about and do timed laps, always trying for your personal best.

And never, ever park anywhere near another car.
Probably another thread for this but I am obsessive/paranoid about parking and that's before i take delivery of my Taycan !!

Why when I park the furthest space away from a store does someone have to park next to me !

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Probably another thread for this but I am obsessive/paranoid about parking and that's before i take delivery of my Taycan !!

Why when I park the furthest space away from a store does someone have to park next to me !
8 weeks into ownership and I get clipped in a parking lot that I drove around twice to find the best spot🤦‍♂️
Porsche Taycan New Taycan 4S Owner - First Do's and Dont's 20230207_160240
Sponsored