Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
From what I've seen, they are planning to announce it officially before the end of the month (however it wasn't clear if it's for the EU market, US market, etc..) and it wasn't clear if it was an S or a base.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Yes, it is probably the base model with RWD. The drift king :cool:

Later this year, the GTS version will be added.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Yes, it is probably the base model with RWD. The drift king :cool:

Later this year, the GTS version will be added.
A GTS would definitely be a great addition. The sweet spot, in my humble opinion, between as 4S heavily specced towards performance and a pricier Turbo...
I guess we'll wait and see!! Imagine if it's a 2023 model with a better battery performance....

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
From what I've seen, they are planning to announce it officially before the end of the month (however it wasn't clear if it's for the EU market, US market, etc..) and it wasn't clear if it was an S or a base.
Thes S designation with the two-speed transmission leaves room for a single-speed lower cost model (FWD range king?).

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
A GTS would definitely be a great addition. The sweet spot, in my humble opinion, between as 4S heavily specced towards performance and a pricier Turbo...
I guess we'll wait and see!! Imagine if it's a 2023 model with a better battery performance....
I think that it will be a 2021/2022 MY and with the same battery and tech as the rest of the Taycans. But with more Racetex details of course and a lot, or all, of the performance options included.

My guess is that in 2023, we will probably see a facelift with improved/lighter battery, small design changes, improved tech etc. A fantastic car gets even better :)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't see Porsche producing a FWD car at this point lol
I think it has to handle like a Porsche, and FWD would not do that. I agree that the RWD will be fine. I find the range great on a Taycan now, you can just use Range Mode on the 4WD if you want efficiency for freeway/motorway driving. I hope Porsche is not intending to compete on price with companies that are OK with 1% profit margins before selling EV credits. That would be a loosing deal. So they will leave the low end to VW withe the ID.X series and Audi in the middle.

That's my take anyway.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I think it has to handle like a Porsche, and FWD would not do that. I agree that the RWD will be fine. I find the range great on a Taycan now, you can just use Range Mode on the 4WD if you want efficiency for freeway/motorway driving. I hope Porsche is not intending to compete on price with companies that are OK with 1% profit margins before selling EV credits. That would be a loosing deal. So they will leave the low end to VW withe the ID.X series and Audi in the middle.

That's my take anyway.
However, a single-speed smaller motor in the rear would be cheaper, lighter, and longer range.

Edit: And handle like a Porsche.