Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
My dealer told me that taycan's news are about: new Front wheel drive version ( entry level )with less power and Cross version as well...nothing else at the moment...

Last edited:

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think that it will be a 2021/2022 MY and with the same battery and tech as the rest of the Taycans. But with more Racetex details of course and a lot, or all, of the performance options included.

My guess is that in 2023, we will probably see a facelift with improved/lighter battery, small design changes, improved tech etc. A fantastic car gets even better :)
For what it's worth Porsche just delayed the 911 992 GTS; they tend to release the GTS models the last model year of the generation of the car.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
The thing I'm most dissapointed about is that they all look the same. I assume the RWD Taycan will start somewhere around 80K € and if a front wheel drive version is to come it will be even cheaper. If they produce cheaper EV Taycans more people are able to buy them especially with the current tax incentives.

I'm not against more affordable Porsches, but there should be a big esthetic difference. Nobody will mistake a Macan for a 911.

I'm planning on buying a turbo with quit a few extra's, but for most people it would look like the same Taycan that costs close to a third. I know that I'm not buying the car for someone else to look at, but I can't reconsile that with.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My dealer told me that taycan's news are about: new Front wheel drive version ( entry level )with less power and Cross version as well...nothing else at the moment...
FRONT wheel drive? That is crazy! Since the two-wheel drive Taycan they have already released in Asia is REAR wheel drive, I'll be surprised if it turns out to be front wheel drive.

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
@KensingtonPark I’m agree and I was surprised receiving that news but,...Is it possible official dealer mistake Front with Rear ???? :eek:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The thing I'm most dissapointed about is that they all look the same. I assume the RWD Taycan will start somewhere around 80K € and if a front wheel drive version is to come it will be even cheaper. If they produce cheaper EV Taycans more people are able to buy them especially with the current tax incentives.

I'm not against more affordable Porsches, but there should be a big esthetic difference. Nobody will mistake a Macan for a 911.

I'm planning on buying a turbo with quit a few extra's, but for most people it would look like the same Taycan that costs close to a third. I know that I'm not buying the car for someone else to look at, but I can't reconsile that with.
A base 911 costs a little less than half of what a 911 Turbo S costs, before options. Would you not expect a similar price ratio between the equivalent Taycan models? Would that be so wrong?

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
A base 911 costs a little less than half of what a 911 Turbo S costs, before options. Would you not expect a similar price ratio between the equivalent Taycan models? Would that be so wrong?
In my opinion if you look at both 911’s you mention there is a big difference in aesthetics. You pay extra for the turbo S but besides a bigger engine you immediately notice that with the air intakes, spoilers, etc that this a more dominant and sportier car than a standard 911.

Also the starting price on a 911 is much higher and therfore it remains a more exclusive sportscar that a lot of people want to have, but is out of reach.

This I think is also a factor when you buy a Porsche. It’s exclusive and it feels special. People that like sportcars will interact with you, because your car is something different. You can be proud of the car you worked hard for. It’s not just owning a car, it’s owning a “Porsche”.

but if every housewife shows up at soccer with an almost identical car that special feeling will quickly disappear.

that’s just my opinion. And I’m not saying that people should not be able to buy and drive a cheaper Porsche, but I would prefer seeing a different model.

squiresGT3

First Name
Squires
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
Rear wheel drive only
base 911 and 911 turbo s they are look very different ...Turbo S got active rear wing and front - rear bumpers are diffenrt too ...d wheels with center lock ...911 base got standard 5 lugs and it won’t be able to upgrade 911 base to center lock wheels or rear wing like turbo S ... those are big diffenrt

but Taycan you can make build 4s to look similar turbo S.
In my opinion if you look at both 911’s you mention there is a big difference in aesthetics. You pay extra for the turbo S but besides a bigger engine you immediately notice that with the air intakes, spoilers, etc that this a more dominant and sportier car than a standard 911.

Also the starting price on a 911 is much higher and therfore it remains a more exclusive sportscar that a lot of people want to have, but is out of reach.

This I think is also a factor when you buy a Porsche. It’s exclusive and it feels special. People that like sportcars will interact with you, because your car is something different. You can be proud of the car you worked hard for. It’s not just owning a car, it’s owning a “Porsche”.

but if every housewife shows up at soccer with an almost identical car that special feeling will quickly disappear.

that’s just my opinion. And I’m not saying that people should not be able to buy and drive a cheaper Porsche, but I would prefer seeing a different model.
well said

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@DennisB makes the correct remark that the 911 is positioned at a higher price point than the Taycan, and that it offers more apparent body differences between versions. I therefore repeat my comment using the Panamera as an example. The Panamera’s price point is similar to the Taycan’s, has a similar price ratio between the lower and higher level motorizations as the 911, and does not offer immediately apparent body differences between versions either.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rear wheel drive only

base 911 and 911 turbo s they are look very different ...Turbo S got active rear wing and front - rear bumpers are diffenrt too ...d wheels with center lock ...911 base got standard 5 lugs and it won’t be able to upgrade 911 base to center lock wheels or rear wing like turbo S ... those are big diffenrt

but Taycan you can make build 4s to look similar turbo S.

well said
Sorry, must be my egalitarian reflex.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
@DennisB makes the correct remark that the 911 is positioned at a higher price point than the Taycan, and that it offers more apparent body differences between versions. I therefore repeat my comment using the Panamera as an example. The Panamera’s price point is similar to the Taycan’s, has a similar price ratio between the lower and higher level motorizations as the 911, and does not offer immediately apparent body differences between versions either.
better comparison, but the Panamera starts around 100K over here (€). and will therefore also remain at a higher price level. If the speculation is to be correct the standard Taycan will drop below the 90K. And if they would also produce the front wheel drive Taycan, which I can’t imagine. The pricedrop continuous. Bye bye special feeling when you open your garagedoor in the morning.