Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
So I'm waiting delivery on my TCT 4S in a few weeks and currently working on my financing paperwork with the dealership before I pick up my car from the PEC in early Dec, and suddenly I come across today's news rumors that Porsche may announce a Sport Turismo trim (hopefully available in the US) after all for the upcoming 2021 LA Auto Show next week ?

https://insideevs.com/news/547386/porsche-taycan-sport-turismo-teaser/

I think I'm going to hold off on signing the final purchase paperwork to finance until I hear this press announcement and if the ST rumor is true, then I'll switch from buying to a shorter term lease and possibly plan to trade in a few years. We shall see, I just contacted my SA. ?
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
How much different is the ST going to be from the CT? I would imagine it will be them just removing gravel mode and the plastic body panels. Not sure why it needs to be another vehicle altogether versus just a single "Turismo" model that offers a couple of different options packages. Porsche is gonna be Porsche I guess.
Yep. not sure, as you are right it’s going to be similar with lower ride height, no gravel mode and no black plastic I think. Doesn’t really seem like a totally new model

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
How much different is the ST going to be from the CT? I would imagine it will be them just removing gravel mode and the plastic body panels. Not sure why it needs to be another vehicle altogether versus just a single "Turismo" model that offers a couple of different options packages. Porsche is gonna be Porsche I guess.
Porsche always has lots of different models with minor differences. There are 24 separate models of the Panamera available to configure on Porsche USA right now.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'll take a look at what's offered. With black inlays, I think the bottom half looks pretty good. If the entire thing is body colored, I might have to reconsider. It's risky though, the mamba green everywhere, might just be too much green.
The only thing I didn't like about the Cross Turismo was the plastic arch trims, so I thought I'd mock up a very rough configurator image without them. To my surprise, I actually found I preferred it with them...possibly because I've gone for a light colour (Frozen Blue) which I think needs as much black contrast as possible to look best. With the wagon-type side profile I think there could be too much painted body panel. My ideal would be the gloss black arch trims as standard on the Turbo S, though the more CTs I see, the more acceptable the standard trims have become to me.

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
It strikes me as a bit of an odd thing to have both the CT and a new ST as they are basically the same thing just with different trim so would just dilute sales more.

I've ordered a CT a couple of weeks ago so I could change over to an ST if it looks better. I assume the boot and passenger space won't change at all but only the outer trims like around the wheel arch will change?

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
:cool:

I'll take a look at what's offered. With black inlays, I think the bottom half looks pretty good. If the entire thing is body colored, I might have to reconsider. It's risky though, the mamba green everywhere, might just be too much green. I'm more than OK with the power of the 4S, having driven the 4S and the regular 4.
There's no such thing as too much Mamba Green! ?

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
In European press als many confirmations that both GTS and Sport Turismo will be presented in LA.

General

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Batmobile
Country flag
All i care is taycan coupe, dont need 4 passenger space, definitely dont need wagon. I hope in future they release this model. Coupe should be lighter. Could look like mix between st and saloon in design.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The only thing I didn't like about the Cross Turismo was the plastic arch trims, so I thought I'd mock up a very rough configurator image without them. To my surprise, I actually found I preferred it with them...possibly because I've gone for a light colour (Frozen Blue) which I think needs as much black contrast as possible to look best. With the wagon-type side profile I think there could be too much painted body panel. My ideal would be the gloss black arch trims as standard on the Turbo S, though the more CTs I see, the more acceptable the standard trims have become to me.
Have a different take on that - here is a render albeit crude I did a few months back of my build with body matching painted arches (there is a chap in Belgium who has actually got his black CT done already and posted here and it looks fantastic to me) - I like this look a lot and weirdly almost more with the added definition of the extruded painted arches vs a totally smooth arch akin to the present sedan or possibly future ST! :)

Porsche Taycan New Taycan models launching at LA Auto Show on Nov 17! -- Sport Turismo and/or GTS? Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 9.37.22 AM

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Have a different take on that - here is a render albeit crude I did a few months back of my build with body matching painted arches (there is a chap in Belgium who has actually got his black CT done already and posted here and it looks fantastic to me) - I like this look a lot and weirdly almost more with the added definition of the extruded painted arches vs a totally smooth arch akin to the present sedan or possibly future ST! :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 9.37.22 AM.png
I am going to order a CT and the dealer offers the option to deliver the car with painted wheel arches. It looks much better. He was a crayon grey in the showroom. I was first going for Vulcano gray but now probably Dolomite silver with matching wheel arches and high gloss black window and bumper trim. Now still have to make the decision full option 4 or much less optioned 4S.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am going to order a CT and the dealer offers the option to deliver the car with painted wheel arches. It looks much better. He was a crayon grey in the showroom. I was first going for Vulcano gray but now probably Dolomite silver with matching wheel arches and high gloss black window and bumper trim. Now still have to make the decision full option 4 or much less optioned 4S.
That’s great - have been trying to get my dealership to arrange this too as they do not offer it straight up - would be simpler to have their guys do it right but may need to use a reputable third party if the dealer doesn’t step up.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 9.37.22 AM.png
Damn that's low down and slinky! And a much better rendering than my own. I still reckon though that with lighter colours, the side-on profile would be too much body and too little wheel/ wheelarch. I agree about the painted arch trims looking potentially even better than no trim at all. So...putting that all together, I'm considering getting my arch trims painted gloss black, to contrast with my Frozen Blue.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Damn that's low down and slinky! And a much better rendering than my own. I still reckon though that with lighter colours, the side-on profile would be too much body and too little wheel/ wheelarch. I agree about the painted arch trims looking potentially even better than no trim at all. So...putting that all together, I'm considering getting my arch trims painted black, to contrast with my Frozen Blue.
I was thinking the same. Maybe gloss black arches on Dolomite silver would even look better. It is 100.000 euro cheaper than buying a turbo S to have them.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Damn that's low down and slinky! And a much better rendering than my own. I still reckon though that with lighter colours, the side-on profile would be too much body and too little wheel/ wheelarch. I agree about the painted arch trims looking potentially even better than no trim at all. So...putting that all together, I'm considering getting my arch trims painted gloss black, to contrast with my Frozen Blue.
For ref since you mention it :) - my build with mods and painted arches rendered from side - I will be installing FVD lowering links to get this look.
Also attaching a copy of one view of the black CT with painted arches from Belgian forum user here:

Porsche Taycan New Taycan models launching at LA Auto Show on Nov 17! -- Sport Turismo and/or GTS? Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 11.37.35 AM

Porsche Taycan New Taycan models launching at LA Auto Show on Nov 17! -- Sport Turismo and/or GTS? Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 11.38.58 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.