tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
A two door Taycan variant would be amazing – and almost certainly an instant buy for me – but how realistic is it at this stage? Isn't it a bit early in the models development history for such an option to be released at this stage ?

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
A two door Taycan variant would be amazing – and almost certainly an instant buy for me – but how realistic is it at this stage? Isn't it a bit early in the models development history for such an option to be released at this stage ?
I think we can safely assume there will not be a 2 door version of the Taycan as it’s basically the EV panamera. The upcoming reveal is the GTS trim along with the sport turismo model. My guess is we need to wait for the EV version of the 718 based on the Mission R concept before we see a coupe two door version.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I think we can safely assume there will not be a 2 door version of the Taycan as it’s basically the EV panamera. The upcoming reveal is the GTS trim along with the sport turismo model. My guess is we need to wait for the EV version of the 718 based on the Mission R concept before we see a coupe two door version.
I also think, the GTS and ST

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
InsideEVs has a screenshot of what appears to be an unintentionally prematurely updated Taycan variant selector, which shows just 2 additions to the lineup: GTS and Sport Turismo GTS (which is strangely named as all the Cross Turismo variants are named the other way around e.g. 4S Cross Turismo, so maybe the screenshot is faked...)

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
:cool:

I'll take a look at what's offered. With black inlays, I think the bottom half looks pretty good. If the entire thing is body colored, I might have to reconsider. It's risky though, the mamba green everywhere, might just be too much green. I'm more than OK with the power of the 4S, having driven the 4S and the regular 4.
Maybe they'll have an initial tranche of GTS allocations for quicker delivery...but having ordered a 4S, then flipped to a Turbo order then don't think I'll flip back. As for the Cross Tourismo styling and extra normal ride height, I'm one of those who likes the look and also the practicality for UK roads.....potholes and speed bumps proliferation....so less fussed about that side.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
If anyone knows of a dealer in the US who has a GTS allocation, at any point, I’d be interested. I have a high spec’d 4S ordered in Aug 21 and expected in Jan 22. But I’d like to order a GTS variant too. Who knows, which one would arrive first !

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
It will be a CT with only RWD to increase the range and reduce the price. It is already available in other market in the world. That is probably what they will announce.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I’ll be the guy in the back nursing a Weisswine wishing it were a cabrio coupe.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
If anyone knows of a dealer in the US who has a GTS allocation, at any point, I’d be interested. I have a high spec’d 4S ordered in Aug 21 and expected in Jan 22. But I’d like to order a GTS variant too. Who knows, which one would arrive first !
According to my SA, allocations won’t be needed since this is such a high production car. You should be able to spec and order per usual; depending on A/RWD, the latter arriving a few months out.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
A coupe would be amazing, I guess sport turismo counts as a new model so yeah maybe GTS is just a trim leaving place for something else! All to be revealed.
Coupe would be top billing at the event [instead of Cayman GT4RS.] Sadly, just don’t think they could pull off a coupe on that platform.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I noticed the event is being streamed at 4am (UK time) which as much as I am excited about I value my sleep more! Just wondering if any regulars know if it will be available to watch on say YouTube with no spoilers once I wake up…or will it be a case of it being plastered all over as soon as I check.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I noticed the event is being streamed at 4am (UK time) which as much as I am excited about I value my sleep more! Just wondering if any regulars know if it will be available to watch on say YouTube with no spoilers once I wake up…or will it be a case of it being plastered all over as soon as I check.
Generally these things are published on release (as per the other launches). Either way it should be sitting pretty on the Porsche UK website as you tuck into your first coffee (or tea) of the day...so spoiler alert almost definitely applies!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I just hope the configurator copes with the surge of people hoping to see the new arrivals. I'm not even in the market for a GTS, but I have an obsessive need to know all about it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just hope the configurator copes with the surge of people hoping to see the new arrivals. I'm not even in the market for a GTS, but I have an obsessive need to know all about it.
He he.

I have a vested interest - I have a deposit placed a while back for this very moment. Dealer was in denial that either a GTS or ST would surface but to have both in the one variant is a total winner (for me). If all goes to plan I'll have one by this time next year and I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow to ensure the stars are aligned!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.