Not open for further replies.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
If anyone knows of a dealer in the US who has a GTS allocation, at any point, I’d be interested. I have a high spec’d 4S ordered in Aug 21 and expected in Jan 22. But I’d like to order a GTS variant too. Who knows, which one would arrive first !
I'll have an order in for GTS. If I don't take it you're welcome to it.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
He he.

I have a vested interest - I have a deposit placed a while back for this very moment. Dealer was in denial that either a GTS or ST would surface but to have both in the one variant is a total winner (for me). If all goes to plan I'll have one by this time next year and I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow to ensure the stars are aligned!
Well played! You might be able to get one sooner, probably before I've reached the front of the CT 4S queue (did I just imagine hearing rumours of May for the GTS?). I'm hoping a few ahead of me switch to a GTS...though GTS production might cause a corresponding reduction in 4S.
I've had fun for weeks mentioning GTS and November 17th to as many Porsche sales people as possible- they're a well-disciplined bunch, I've not managed to get any tell-tale reaction out of any of them.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
He he.

I have a vested interest - I have a deposit placed a while back for this very moment. Dealer was in denial that either a GTS or ST would surface but to have both in the one variant is a total winner (for me). If all goes to plan I'll have one by this time next year and I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow to ensure the stars are aligned!
Have you got a deposit on at Aberdeen dealer or elsewhere. I didn’t think they were taking money yet only letter of intent?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you got a deposit on at Aberdeen dealer or elsewhere. I didn’t think they were taking money yet only letter of intent?
Aberdeen - they'll always take your money (in my experience) - it can be placed on any model / variant and then be altered to suit what you actually want. As the 'system' didn't allow for the GTS / ST I put it on a 4S with the condition that it would be changed upon announcement or whatever else I wanted to do. A little bit naughty I guess but...

This tactic gives you a position in a Taycan queue and can be shuffled accordingly. The wait times are 12mths + now so this was their recommendation. Ideally I want to shuffle through the queue and then to an allocated build slot to lock down and finally to Nov'22 to complete my 2 year cycle and have a MY23 build (no point in a MY22 one now).

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Well played! You might be able to get one sooner, probably before I've reached the front of the CT 4S queue (did I just imagine hearing rumours of May for the GTS?). I'm hoping a few ahead of me switch to a GTS...though GTS production might cause a corresponding reduction in 4S.
I've had fun for weeks mentioning GTS and November 17th to as many Porsche sales people as possible- they're a well-disciplined bunch, I've not managed to get any tell-tale reaction out of any of them.
Hahaha,

My Dealer hardly flinches when I mention GTS or 17th Nov. It's like I'm talking and no sound is coming out of my mouth. Let's see tomorrow shall we...

armanslr

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2022 Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Looking forward to the new model. I am planning on a Turbo right now but if the GTS has some nice touches I may go that route.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Have a different take on that - here is a render albeit crude I did a few months back of my build with body matching painted arches (there is a chap in Belgium who has actually got his black CT done already and posted here and it looks fantastic to me) - I like this look a lot and weirdly almost more with the added definition of the extruded painted arches vs a totally smooth arch akin to the present sedan or possibly future ST! :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 9.37.22 AM.png
Porsche Taycan New Taycan models launching at LA Auto Show on Nov 17! -- Sport Turismo and/or GTS? 5A89D251-FA16-420A-8712-724E91C81832

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
First all-electric GTS: 2022 Taycan GTS and Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
The Taycan GTS represents the first fully electric GTS variant in Porsche history. The new variant is the performance-focused all-rounder in the model range. It makes up to 590 hp in Overboost when using Launch Control. The suspension and optional rear-axle steering are both tuned specially for the GTS, while model-specific exterior and interior features give the car a distinctly sporty appearance typical for GTS models.

At the same time the Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is debuting at the LA Auto Show, representing the third body style of the first fully electric Porsche model. It shares the sporty silhouette and sloping roofline with the Taycan Cross Turismo, as well as the versatile luggage compartment that offers over 42 cubic feet of trunk space, while offering a road-tuned suspension and ride height matching that of the Taycan sedan.

Both Taycan GTS model variants are expected to reach U.S. dealers in Spring 2022. The 2022 Taycan GTS starts at an MSRP of $131,400, while the 2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo will be offered starting at $133,300, both not including a $1,350 delivery, processing and handling fee.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Came on the configurator for a bit... $20k more than the 4S I ordered, with same specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.