Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
The change in the configuration tool (US) with the new technology package seems to provide a 2k USD discount vs the individual options. But strangely when selected one gets the parking assist (along with HUD and passenger display) but removes the lane change assist that can no longer be selected if one wants the package. A bit strange.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zillion27

Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
To clarify: the primary reason for the “discount” is not on the individual items but actually because, although not specified, Adaptive Cruise Control is also included and that is "worth" 2k USD:

Porsche Taycan New Technology package Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 12.08.18 PM

Last edited:

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
So how does Porsche generally handle price changes post order but when the car has not yet been delivered?

Edit: I just loaded my config and added the technology package. I already had all the options selected, with the exception of active parking:

- It reduced the price by $1,030
- It added “active parking”
- It removed “Lane change assist (LCA)”

Perhaps active parking adds yet another camera where the LCA indicator resides? I’ll take LCA over active parking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zillion27

Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
Perhaps active parking adds yet another camera where the LCA indicator resides? I’ll take LCA over active parking.
ahh - you may have identified the reason - very strange compromise... I would indeed agree that LCA is more valuable and real safety feature. I wonder why Porsche is pushing the "active parking" that in my experience is never that good and always prefer parking myself

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
More sensors and not cameras either side of the vehicle. Is LCA standard now rather than an option?

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
If I understand this post in another thread correctly, LCA (Rear Assist) is required for / part of the active parking (Park Assist Plus) package. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So it is entirely possible you Americans get LCA for free as well in the technology package. (In Europe Porsche offers no packages and lets us pay full price.)

(Edit: SWA = Spurwechselassistent = Lane Change Assist = LCA)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zillion27

Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
Yes possible it is included. Pretty insane they do such a poor job explaining and no definitive answer that I can find on the web. I have asked dealership but in my experience this Forum is way more savvy and knowledgeable than Porsche ambassadors!

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
is park assist something that can be added by FoD?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
So if this is correct, it does mean my car that is being built as I type this has seen a price reduction of approx $1k. Lovely...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So if this is correct, it does mean my car that is being built as I type this has seen a price reduction of approx $1k. Lovely...
ParkAssist is standard but can be upgraded to ParkAssist with Camera which can be upgraded to surround which can be upgraded to 3D Surround with Active Parking Support.

So which one do you mean?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I panicked a tiny bit when I saw that a new package was available since it wasn't when I placed my order a couple of weeks ago. To my relief, the only item in the Technology Package that I wanted was ACC, so I wouldn't have chosen it anyway.

abhasin1

First Name
Arjun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
btw I also just spec'd out my Taycan 4S and opt'd for Tech Package. I am hoping the LCA will stay with it else I probably will drop the tech Package. Prosche LCA on my 911 is my most used feature I'd say. So, does the Tech package drops the LCA? Pretty unclear still

OP
OP
Zillion27

Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
I got it and can confirm (at least on car I have) that LCA is actually still there when selecting tech package.
Sponsored