New to Porsche and 2 Safety Recalls in one month

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This is my first Porsche, before that I owned German and British luxury cars, then Tesla’ s S 3 versions. I got my Taycan by the end of May 2021, only 2 months with the car and I already got two safety recalls. 1) the notorious power electric issue very well known here, and the 2) A suspension issue, the front lower trailing arms were made out specifications and may result in a safety issue if they brake apart. My car so far is working fine and I liked so far even with the crappy PCM but I know it’s what it is, however two safety recalls in 60 days is concerning, specially for a Porsche brand famous for reliability.
Sponsored

Last edited:

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
It's not that big of deal considering J1 platform is new. Power loss recall is software.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
I'll take a recall over no recall any month. I like when manufacturers consistently work to ensure that the car is up to snuff. Indeed, for software OTA, it's what we all crave.

Echoing a different thread, I'd really like a recall on the door rattles. ;-)

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my opinion Porsche is doing the bare minimum when it comes to formal recalls. In many cases they would have a campaign that fixes an issue but they would not publisize it and they would not notify the customer about it. The only way for the customer to find out is forums like this or next time they take the car for service. That is true not only for the Taycan but it was also true for my Macan.

An example for the Taycan is a bad high power cable that affected ~600 early 2020 Taycans in the US. There is a TSB but no recall. Some of these Taycans reported loss of power while driving.

There are also not-safety related issues like the 12v battery drain that they should have recalled because cars bricking while parked is a major inconvenience. Porsche did not notify all customers that an update was available and unless you are following this forum you probably wouldn't know. Now they bundle this with the AMB5 recall.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is my first Porsche, before that I owned German and British luxury cars, then Tesla’ s S 3 versions. I got my Taycan by the end of May 2021, only 2 months with the car and I already got two safety recalls. 1) the notorious power electric issue very well known here, and the 2) A suspension issue, the front lower trailing arms were made out specifications and may result in a safety issue if they brake apart. My car so far is working fine and I liked so far even with the crappy PCM but I know it’s what it is, however two safety recalls in 60 days is concerning, specially for a Porsche brand famous for reliability.
Yes agree very dissatisfied with the PCM which is nothing short of a disgrace hopefully This will get sorted quickly as its a massive let down and spoils the experience I am not going to waste my time booking in for a recall as the delay in getting it done with a loan car is over 8 weeks

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
the inability of porsche to push the updates OTA like they envisioned to me is a problem. having to go to the dealership, losing use of the car for days in the case of the first massive update and now this one is IMHO a large issue.
Sponsored