New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi,

I've decided to take the plunge and put an order in for the Taycan Turbo S today; jet black metallic, black leather internally, carbon fibre removed and black brake calipers / platinum wheels.

This is the first time i've specced a Porsche out - just wanted to see if there's anything I should add or remove? TIA. Excited.

Spec and photos below:

Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list SPEC
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iri2s
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris3
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list ir4is
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list ir5is
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris6

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
PDCC Sport (must have on the top end car!)
Privacy Glass
If going for the all black look then consider high gloss black window surrounds
HUD - distracting, I would drop it
Comfort Access
150kW 400V DC (must have)
Heated steering wheel
Public charging cable (just in case)

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
PDCC Sport (must have on the top end car!)
Privacy Glass
If going for the all black look then consider high gloss black window surrounds
HUD - distracting, I would drop it
Comfort Access
150kW 400V DC (must have)
Heated steering wheel
Public charging cable (just in case)
Hey man, thank you for this - very useful. I did mean to put comfort access on and wondered about the HUD on a smaller windscreen. I've got a GLE at the moment and it's very useful on that but I did wonder on the Taycan.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Suggest driving a Taycan with HUD to give you a better indication - I had a CT4S demo the other day and it had it which I didn't really see the need for (main cockpit is perfect as it is) and I imagine distractive at night. Apparently it doesn't work well / at all with Polarised sunglasses so bear that in mind too.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I went from HUD in my Panamera to none in my Taycan. The only place I "slightly" miss it was when using Adaptive Cruise Control – you could quickly see that it had "picked up" the vehicle in front. As you don't have ACC or Innodrive configured, you wouldn't use the HUD for this anyways.

The fact that I had the diamond key on my Panamera configured to turn on/off the HUD told me what I needed to know when speccing the Taycan.

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks guys - think i'll remove the HUD and add the PDCC in. What's the 150kw option all about, bit of a noob when it comes to EVs :oops:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks guys - think i'll remove the HUD and add the PDCC in. What's the 150kw option all about, bit of a noob when it comes to EVs :oops:
So some legacy 150kW DC chargers are 400V.

Taycan battery is 800V and anything which charges it must convert to 800v by some means or another. Default standard is 50kW DC and 350kW DC but nothing in between.

To charge at a 150kW station from 400v to 800v you need the 150kW DC booster (to give 800v to charge) to get the max benefit from that type of charger otherwise you will be limited to 50kW DC from the same charging point.

Some new 150kW DC chargers are being rolled out which are also 400v (same logic as above).

Tesla are planning on making their supercharger network (120kW) available to all and sundry which are all 400v. Without the 150kW DC booster option you can't leverage this and would be limited to 50kW (default 400v to 800v DC charger onboard).

Taycan can charge at 350kW charging stations (270kW max in reality) which are 800V by default.

Any charging point that is 800v you can take full advantage...if you can find them (thin on the ground).

In practical terms you don't need to consider all of these things but sometimes good to know what your car's capabilities are and where it could be limited. Basic principle when out and about is to charge as quickly as possible - 150kW and above (where available) which is around 3 times faster than the fairly common place 50kW DC charging stations.

Forget the v's (volts) and target the kW, bigger the number the faster you can charge at public locations.

Default tick the box for the few shekels it costs to have all DC options available to you.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have a Turbo S and my spec is virtually identical to yours. My only regret is that I did not add the PDCC as I am now doing track days in mine. Having said that, if you do not intend to put it on a track, PDCC is pointless.

I love the HUD. Far from being distracting, its a safety feature as your speed, power and nav info is always there just below your field of vision. I would not buy a car without it.

My only differences are: -

1. I went for a brighter colour, Mamba Green and kept the callipers as yellow. The problem with black is the car's lines disappear plus it shows the dirt immediately.

2. I have the Burmester sound system - simply a level above the BOSE in every way. If sound is not a priority for you, don't worry.

3. I have the passenger display. Pointless but otherwise you just get a blank space there. Good resell item.

4. I have the Innodrive. The Innodrive bit is growing on me but it includes Active Lane Keeping. If you come from a Tesla like I do, you will need ALK as it is Porsche's version of Autosteer. I actually prefer ALK because it is so much more flexible than Tesla's Autosteer and does not have the annoying bongs! I don't know if the adaptive cruise control is standard on the TS but you should get that.

Reactions: B61

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Based on the images, the all-black look you're going for is missing privacy glass and the black window surrounds

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So some legacy 150kW DC chargers are 400V.

Taycan battery is 800V and anything which charges it must convert to 800v by some means or another. Default standard is 50kW DC and 350kW DC but nothing in between.

To charge at a 150kW station from 400v to 800v you need the 150kW DC booster (to give 800v to charge) to get the max benefit from that type of charger otherwise you will be limited to 50kW DC from the same charging point.

Some new 150kW DC chargers are being rolled out which are also 400v (same logic as above).

Tesla are planning on making their supercharger network (120kW) available to all and sundry which are all 400v. Without the 150kW DC booster option you can't leverage this and would be limited to 50kW (default 400v to 800v DC charger onboard).

Taycan can charge at 350kW charging stations (270kW max in reality) which are 800V by default.

Any charging point that is 800v you can take full advantage...if you can find them (thin on the ground).

In practical terms you don't need to consider all of these things but sometimes good to know what your car's capabilities are and where it could be limited. Basic principle when out and about is to charge as quickly as possible - 150kW and above (where available) which is around 3 times faster than the fairly common place 50kW DC charging stations.

Forget the v's (volts) and target the kW, bigger the number the faster you can charge at public locations.
Default tick the box for the few shekels it costs to have all DC options available to you.
Thanks W1NGE, very decent of you to type all of that information across to me. Really helpful

I have a Turbo S and my spec is virtually identical to yours. My only regret is that I did not add the PDCC as I am now doing track days in mine. Having said that, if you do not intend to put it on a track, PDCC is pointless.

I love the HUD. Far from being distracting, its a safety feature as your speed, power and nav info is always there just below your field of vision. I would not buy a car without it.

My only differences are: -

1. I went for a brighter colour, Mamba Green and kept the callipers as yellow. The problem with black is the car's lines disappear plus it shows the dirt immediately.

2. I have the Burmester sound system - simply a level above the BOSE in every way. If sound is not a priority for you, don't worry.

3. I have the passenger display. Pointless but otherwise you just get a blank space there. Good resell item.

4. I have the Innodrive. The Innodrive bit is growing on me but it includes Active Lane Keeping. If you come from a Tesla like I do, you will need ALK as it is Porsche's version of Autosteer. I actually prefer ALK because it is so much more flexible than Tesla's Autosteer and does not have the annoying bongs! I don't know if the adaptive cruise control is standard on the TS but you should get that.
Thanks for the information / advice - I’m using this as my daily driver and meeting clients, some of whom might get a bit tetchy with a Porsche on their driveway at the best of times, trying to keep it a bit low key with the black. If it wasn’t for that, I’d have likely gone for the silver / something a bit bolder! I’ve got Burmester on my GLE at the moment.:. Sound is very important to me so I might have to bear this in mind. Just conscious I’m pushing £145k already ??

Based on the images, the all-black look you're going for is missing privacy glass and the black window surrounds
I’m going to go for the privacy glass but as for the window surrounds, I quite like the shape the silver outline gives? Going to get the model in silver as well although I’m struggling to see an option for that on the configurator (which is pretty poor IMO).

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
I’m going to go for the privacy glass but as for the window surrounds, I quite like the shape the silver outline gives? Going to get the model in silver as well although I’m struggling to see an option for that on the configurator (which is pretty poor IMO).
It's silver by default so you don't need to select anything (assuming you mean the model designation on the bootlid)

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Made a few mods to my order based on advice from the dealer and the forum:

- Removed chrome window trim
- Removed model designation on doors
- Left the carbon fiber trim on the car (I'm still not sure about this but have been assured this is the best option!)
- Deep pile floor mats
- Privacy glass added

The dealer is really keen on yellow brake calipers but I prefer them in black... is this a mistake?

Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris2
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris3
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris4
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris5
Porsche Taycan New Turbo S order going in today - photos / spec list iris6

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
The yellow brake calipers look great on the black TTS, but if you prefer black, then go with that.
After all, it's your car!

If you change your mind in the future, it doesn't cost much to paint them.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Made a few mods to my order based on advice from the dealer and the forum:

- Removed chrome window trim
- Removed model designation on doors
- Left the carbon fiber trim on the car (I'm still not sure about this but have been assured this is the best option!)
- Deep pile floor mats
- Privacy glass added

The dealer is really keen on yellow brake calipers but I prefer them in black... is this a mistake?

iris.jpg
iris2.jpg
iris3.jpg
iris4.jpg
iris5.jpg
iris6.jpg
Nice!

Yellow callipers just let’s everyone know you’ve spent a fortune on carbon ceramic brakes ;-)

Don’t you need to add a couple of cables - Public cable mode 3 (for untethered connections), 7.5m cable?

150kW 400V DC booster - Tesla Supercharger network is opening up to everyone and it is 120kW 400V so you could miss a trick here.