First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I just been reading this thread:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...n-jack-pads-available.7750/page-3#post-239707

I'm pretty sure none of the tyre shops i've used will ever do anything other than stick a trolley jack under the car and/or put the car up on a lift without considering using jack pads. When i took my Taycan in for a tyre repair a while back (tyre shop recommended by independent porsche centre i used for my old panamera services), it was jacked up with a trolley jack before i was even out of the car! I must admit i'd never considered there was such a thing, but i realise it's perhaps a bit different for EVs from ICE cars given the battery under the car etc.

I'm nearing the point of replacing my tyres and I don't really want to get them from the dealer as i like keeping my eyes in my head. So question is, will an independent really need to use them / or be aware that they might need to? Or are these jack pad things just for home tinkerers without commercial equipment?

Anyone West Londonish have any recommendations of tyre fitters? Ta.
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I can’t answer your question but last time I bought tyres I raised eyebrows at the dealer price, quoted some other prices and they dropped down to something more sensible. Maybe worth a try - need to be prepared with some alternatives before you ask

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I can’t answer your question but last time I bought tyres I raised eyebrows at the dealer price, quoted some other prices and they dropped down to something more sensible. Maybe worth a try - need to be prepared with some alternatives before you ask
Certainly always armed with black circles prices whoever i ask! The other issue with my closest dealer is the ~6 weeks before they'd see the car. Not sure i can be bothered to be organised enough to plan that far out just to have some new rubber put on!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I'd wholeheartedly recommend my guys, but tis the wrong part of the country for you. Unless you take a trip around the M25, and up the A12.