cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I have a few issues with my MY21 4S like forgetting certain settings in PCM, loss of emergency call feature, bad temperature management of the battery at certain HPC, a not fully retracted spoiler, error message with the right charging port etc.

I sent the full list to my dealer last weekend. He got back to me a day later and arranged for a workshop visit for three days at end of February. According to him as well as the head of their workshop by then a new update will be available that will take care of some 80% of my issues.

I don’t have any list of which issues will be covered by the Update. Also I don’t know if it’s only for MY21 or also for MY20.

My dealer also mentioned if the update was postponed of course my workshop visit will also be postponed.

I will keep you posted!
Sponsored

TontoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Am I correct in that there are updates requiring our Taycans to be taken into the dealership which are different from the OTA updates?

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Am I correct in that there are updates requiring our Taycans to be taken into the dealership which are different from the OTA updates?
To date this is correct for larger updates.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Porsche's idea of a OTA updates seems to be:

1. we'll let you know there is an update "over the air" via eMail and Press release...
2. take your car to the dealer to receive the update

see it's OTA - we told you over the air that you needed an update - so we're good right? I mean it's a huge advance, previously we didn't even tell you there were updates you found out randomly at your next oil change when they flashed your PCM - so progress - ;)

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
They also added an OTA module to the car that eventually self-corrupts its memory to make sure you will indeed visit the dealer to get the updates. :)

OP
OP
cd77

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
The only OTA I got this far were quite a few map updates. The last one at least with icons for charging stations now being shown on the map.

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The only OTA I got this far were quite a few map updates. The last one at least with icons for charging stations now being shown on the map.
I picked up my Taycan 4S on Tuesday and it had quite a few updates waiting. I did not keep a list but they were mostly for the entertainment system. It seemed like every feature was its own update.
Sponsored