Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
The sedan and ST have different headlights from each other. The CT has 4 DRL's with a central headlight element. The sedan looks like it has 4 headlight elements, like the lights that have been announced for the new Cayenne.

and on the ST, it looks like the upper and lower DRL "dots" are each connected with a horizontal bar. Is that present on the current car?

Also, what on earth is on the roof of the Audi Q5 that's following them at 1:05?

Edit: There is also an ST later in the video that has the same lights as the sedan.

Finally, this video also contains several shots of the Cayenne facelift, which they don't show and, toward the very end, the new Macan EV (with the divorced headlights showing very clearly lower down the bumper) yet they don't show them / edit them into the film. Odd.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Agreed it's a mild facelift. Since we can't see the new venting under the "dents," that part will of course be hard to judge. But it seems to suggest that they are going more aggressive than even the current sport design intakes.

The flat headlights are likely a measurable aerodynamic improvement, so they make sense. Anyone who really would miss the connection of the current headlights to the Mission E could simply get the pre-2024 Taycans.

To me, the one change that is challenging for me is the slightly squared off front fenders. I rather like the continuously round fenders on the current model.

I suspect that the new facelift will eventually grow on me, making me want to upgrade just a little bit. Which is the goal with these intra-model life facelifts.

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
no diff actually... maybe it will change more by time...

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s growing on me. It looks more traditional, but nicely balanced in a muscular Porsche kinda way.

jakeCT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
missed: RX8 / current: Model 3, MYP / CT4 waitlist
Country flag
This is more likely cold weather heater testing given the current related drama!
Could be, but I suspect there are architectural/software changes being tested on each Taycan variants spied- battery capacity, motor output changes.

More videos on that same Youtube channel show the Boxter EV and Macan EV in the same environment.

For one, Porsche really fine-tuned the electric traction control systems for Taycan with winter testing from Lapland Sweden portion of https://newsroom.porsche.com/dam/jcr:620d20fc-67c9-43a2-bc6f-c654cbc3e2ef/Roads-to-Taycan_EN.pdf:

By contrast, ice and snow presented a challenge. In the begin- ning, at any rate. Not because they compromised Taycan’s driving functions in any way. It was more the driving dynamics. At first, the Porsche did not know how to bring its power to the snow-covered or frozen ground. Because the electric motors
serve up their full torque from the first revolution. Without application of the brakes, all four wheels sometimes spun help- lessly. At times the Taycan would spin out to the right, at times to the left. Only when the drive system developers switched from torque regulation to a revolution-oriented logic did they succeed in taming the force of the electric sports car. Now the two motors coordinate so lighting-fast and accurately that the Taycan has surpassed the benchmark: no other Porsche model lays down a more robust performance on ice. No other slaloms more elegantly or drifts more manageably.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Not surprised it’s a mild facelift. Wondering if the “dents” are just the new sport design package (like the GTS)

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Glad we have a '23 coming. I prefer my cars without dents in them.
Porsche Taycan New Video of Face Lift 2024 Taycan & Sport Turismo 1677803081075

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Glad we have a '23 coming. I prefer my cars without dents in them.
1677803081075.png
Lots of camo, always hard to tell what the finished product will look like, typically Porsche does a pretty good job with mid cycle refreshes. I have a '23 on a boat at the moment , so in the end, what the refresh looks like is "irrelevant" to me as well! :)

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Not surprised it’s a mild facelift. Wondering if the “dents” are just the new sport design package (like the GTS)
On the current gen Panamera, the mid cycle refresh on the outside was simply adding the sport design front bumper as standard and a new rear taillight with a continuous light bar. And that was it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the sport design front bumper like what is standard on the gts is what is under the camo along with a slightly redesigned headlight.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Looking good. The fact they're doing so much testing indicates it's more than just a change to bumpers. It will be exciting to see what tech/drivetrain changes are in there.
Sponsored