nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Looking good. The fact they're doing so much testing indicates it's more than just a change to bumpers. It will be exciting to see what tech/drivetrain changes are in there.
Absolutely the case that drivetrain improvements will be expected and will be interesting to see what they are, typically the cosmetic changes are minor, but tech and drivetrain usually benefit the most from these refreshes.
Sponsored

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Hi Audi TT, is that you? (making fun of the new Taycan front lights.)

Sad they changed it. Good thing we got an early one.

Don't mess with what works!

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
For one, Porsche really fine-tuned the electric traction control systems for Taycan with winter testing from Lapland Sweden portion of https://newsroom.porsche.com/dam/jcr:620d20fc-67c9-43a2-bc6f-c654cbc3e2ef/Roads-to-Taycan_EN.pdf:
It was hard to parse that corporate speak, but I’m glad to hear they are improving the algorithm for low-traction situations. Anecdotally, I was going up a snowy pass recently, and on purpose went off the “clear” line onto the soft/fresh snowy lane. The car did ok (on all seasons) but battery consumption just plummeted. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Flatter fenders and penta headlights meh……

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It was hard to parse that corporate speak, but I’m glad to hear they are improving the algorithm for low-traction situations. Anecdotally, I was going up a snowy pass recently, and on purpose went off the “clear” line onto the soft/fresh snowy lane. The car did ok (on all seasons) but battery consumption just plummeted. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The pumping losses of tyres going through heavy rain are considerable, and I would imagine snow is worse, so the increase in battery consumption is more likely due to physics than any of the algorithms being way out.

I was amazed by how appalling our fuel consumption was during wet Formula 1 races, given how slow the lap time was and how much less full throttle we used, and it all turned out to be the the energy used pumping the water away from the contact patch.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Glad we have a '23 coming. I prefer my cars without dents in them.
1677803081075.png
I think the 'dents' are radar domes for ACC - one either side rather than a single central one - same arrangement on current Panamera.

The lower valance has been camouflaged and bulked up to create the impression of a dent.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looking good. The fact they're doing so much testing indicates it's more than just a change to bumpers. It will be exciting to see what tech/drivetrain changes are in there.
This level of testing is normal.

Even more would have been done for the current car but clearly it's never enough to pick up some basic issues - heater failures, frozen door handles & door seals, software in general etc.

1,000,000 miles of testing is the normal headline but yet most of us early adopters have experienced the real life results of that.

Taycan 2.0 will be a higher quality product - it has to be.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Could be, but I suspect there are architectural/software changes being tested on each Taycan variants spied- battery capacity, motor output changes.

More videos on that same Youtube channel show the Boxter EV and Macan EV in the same environment.

For one, Porsche really fine-tuned the electric traction control systems for Taycan with winter testing from Lapland Sweden portion of https://newsroom.porsche.com/dam/jcr:620d20fc-67c9-43a2-bc6f-c654cbc3e2ef/Roads-to-Taycan_EN.pdf:
I was joking!

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Latest info I got was that end of March there will be an official press release by Porsche on MY24 and (possibly!) this "facelift".

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Latest info I got was that end of March there will be an official press release by Porsche on MY24 and (possibly!) this "facelift".
Sounds about right - generally March starts the MY buzz.

AmineS

First Name
Amine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540i, Ducati Panigale V4S, BMW R1200GS, RWD
Country flag
I have a freind who spent years working in automotive industry. And when they initiated a v2 (or facelift) of every car model, the primary objective is to improve the production cost. Getting attraction on the facelift is apparently a secondary objective.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I have a freind who spent years working in automotive industry. And when they initiated a v2 (or facelift) of every car model, the primary objective is to improve the production cost. Getting attraction on the facelift is apparently a secondary objective.
They already do that with each model year. There is even a very German term for it called „Entfeinerung“ which roughly translates into „making it less sophisticated“, therefore less costly.
Sponsored