AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
April order, July build, (wait, wait, and wait... ) December delivery! We picked up our new Frozen Blue GTS from Porsche Bellingham today. They have been really helpful and professional the whole way. We traded in our 2020 4S with Bordeaux leather which has been an awesome car. When be bought it (used) in November 2021, we loved it so much that ordering the color and options we wanted seemed like a no brainer. 13 months later our GTS is in the garage.

One thing I took a gamble on was going with orange deviated stitching. I love the Gulf Porsche liveries, which I run in iRacing, so I went all in with the GTS. My wife went reluctantly, ("it's how much for orange stitching??"). The orange stiching pops against the black (which I wish was grey), and nicely accents the chalk leather. I do believe it adds a little something different to the car. I also went with interior trim in the exterior color along with carbon fiber pieces. It all sounds good, however in retrospect the black, chalk, carbon fiber and frozen blue trim with the organge stitching I think is a bit too much. Yet, at this point I'm an owner!

The car (summer tires) is noisier on the freeway than the 4S on all season tires. My wife hasn't commented yet, however I'm sure she will as quiet is important to her and was what sold her on the 4S. The GTS has the thermally & noise insulated glass, like the 4S did. However, I think the tires are the problem. She did ask if the GTS felt different, to which I said "sportier", probably because of the tires. My (astute) wife asked why I hadn't ordred all season tires, as "summer" tires seemed less practical. Yup, there were crickets in the car for a while as I tried navigate that one. I can't yet say I notice rear wheel steering but haven't done a lot of parking lot maneuvering. It was not on my 4S, so I do expect to notice a difference. I do love the heads up - had it on my M4 and missed it on the 4S.

The GTS does feel a little stiffer and sportier, though I haven't tested that at all as of course, my wife was in the car :angel:. The 4S was certainly sporty enough and trust me I drive 'spiritedly'. I wanted a GTS for all the reasons we want them. However, if I check my ego at the door and get honest about options, I think the 4S was awesome enough, and think I might miss the quieter ride of the 4S.

The one item I was not able to order at the time was the B-pillars in the Race-tex (were not available). I did opt for the pano roof with variable light control. It's neat, however I'm not sure I will actually use it. I also have the passenger screen - which my wife asked me to turn off straight away 🤐. If I can figure out how to get YouTube through it, maybe she'll like it.

As you know, Frozen Blue just does not photograph well. I'm quite happy with the color. The GTS kit - black trim - works really well on FB. I went with the PSCBs to get the white calipers. Those along with clear side markers and the chalk interior create a "classy" looking car IMO, which was what I wanted. With a little rebel orange tossed in of course.

It was a bucket list item, to custom order a new Porsche. Check! The only thing better would have been Euro delivery...

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) GTS_front

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) GTS_side

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) GTS_door

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) GTS_interior

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) GTS_inside

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) GTS_passside

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) GTS_rear

rugbym8t

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4S Cross Turismo (on order), Model X Plaid
Country flag
Congrats on the new GTS! Looks awesome, and I like the splash of color on the interior! Did you get good value out of your 4S on trade?

I am also considering the electronic dimming roof, definitely keep up posted on what you think about it after some time!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
April order, July build, (wait, wait, and wait... ) December delivery! We picked up our new Frozen Blue GTS from Porsche Bellingham today. They have been really helpful and professional the whole way. We traded in our 2020 4S with Bordeaux leather which has been an awesome car. When be bought it (used) in November 2021, we loved it so much that ordering the color and options we wanted seemed like a no brainer. 13 months later our GTS is in the garage.

One thing I took a gamble on was going with orange deviated stitching. I love the Gulf Porsche liveries, which I run in iRacing, so I went all in with the GTS. My wife went reluctantly, ("it's how much for orange stitching??"). The orange stiching pops against the black (which I wish was grey), and nicely accents the chalk leather. I do believe it adds a little something different to the car. I also went with interior trim in the exterior color along with carbon fiber pieces. It all sounds good, however in retrospect the black, chalk, carbon fiber and frozen blue trim with the organge stitching I think is a bit too much. Yet, at this point I'm an owner!

The car (summer tires) is noisier on the freeway than the 4S on all season tires. My wife hasn't commented yet, however I'm sure she will as quiet is important to her and was what sold her on the 4S. The GTS has the thermally & noise insulated glass, like the 4S did. However, I think the tires are the problem. She did ask if the GTS felt different, to which I said "sportier", probably because of the tires. My (astute) wife asked why I hadn't ordred all season tires, as "summer" tires seemed less practical. Yup, there were crickets in the car for a while as I tried navigate that one. I can't yet say I notice rear wheel steering but haven't done a lot of parking lot maneuvering. It was not on my 4S, so I do expect to notice a difference. I do love the heads up - had it on my M4 and missed it on the 4S.

The GTS does feel a little stiffer and sportier, though I haven't tested that at all as of course, my wife was in the car :angel:. The 4S was certainly sporty enough and trust me I drive 'spiritedly'. I wanted a GTS for all the reasons we want them. However, if I check my ego at the door and get honest about options, I think the 4S was awesome enough, and think I might miss the quieter ride of the 4S.

The one item I was not able to order at the time was the B-pillars in the Race-tex (were not available). I did opt for the pano roof with variable light control. It's neat, however I'm not sure I will actually use it. I also have the passenger screen - which my wife asked me to turn off straight away 🤐. If I can figure out how to get YouTube through it, maybe she'll like it.

As you know, Frozen Blue just does not photograph well. I'm quite happy with the color. The GTS kit - black trim - works really well on FB. I went with the PSCBs to get the white calipers. Those along with clear side markers and the chalk interior create a "classy" looking car IMO, which was what I wanted. With a little rebel orange tossed in of course.

It was a bucket list item, to custom order a new Porsche. Check! The only thing better would have been Euro delivery...

GTS_front.jpg

GTS_side.jpg

GTS_door.jpg

GTS_interior.jpg

GTS_inside.jpg

GTS_passside.jpg

GTS_rear.jpg
Based on how they prepped your carpet, I really like your dealer 🙂👍

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Are the door sill guards standard to the gts or are these illuminated?

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) DF1CE117-7915-4382-B43C-1181F7415A16

Last edited:

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Absolutely love the spec, except the orange stitching but to each their own.
I was hoping to notice the 4 wheel steering a lil more myself and haven't really but I'm sure it made an appearance when I took a tight round-about at 38mph.🫣
Congrats

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Can you take more pics of the orange stitching? Did they do GTS on the seats in orange?

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Hi is the orange stitching on crayon/chalk leather? If so, would you be kind enough to take some more photos of it as I know someone looking to get this combination. Thanks.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Can you take more pics of the orange stitching? Did they do GTS on the seats in orange?
It seems that he went with leather seats, in which case they do not embroider GTS on the headrests. I'm pretty sure you can only get that if you go with the Racetex seats. The option would be to get the Porsche crest embossed in its place.

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
Hi, I went with the leather option on my GTS ST due to wanting ventilated seats, and of course lost all the stitching for the racetex interior which I understood but you also do not get the GTS logo on the steering wheel when yo opt for the free leather option.
A small thing I know but it looked a little special when sat in the car.

Advantyper

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991S, Toyota Rav4 Prime, Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Love the color!

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
Love the build! Congrats ! Frozen blue is gorgeous. The orange stitching is a really neat touch.

I let go of an M5 Comp to get in a GTS ST and I’ll say the sport feel is very welcome. I have started to enjoy switching to normal mode and having a smoother and quieter ride when I’m with my family. I haven’t driven a 4S or a CT but being in a city where it seems the roads are purposely designed as an obstacle course of astronomically dangerous proportions, I’ve started to think whether I’d get in to a CT next and deck it out.

Who am I kidding, if a Turbo / S ST comes to the US, I’ll prob be first in line.

love love love you build! Hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Here are some more pics.. the "Taycan GTS" in the door sil lights up - and you can see the puddle light too. The redish color is actually orange, which is what the interior lighting is set to right now.

I was so concerned about how the orange stitching would look with the chalk (leather), that I didn't even think about it being included on the dash and wheel. I could find pics of deviated stiching on other cars, but it was hard for me to imagine in the Taycan. The flash made the rear seat picture look like major cream - it is chalk.

I had been wishing they would have stitched "GTS" on the head rest as in the Standard GTS Race-Tex version, but no. I still think it would have looked cool. I was going to opt out of any embossing on the head rests, but the salesman talked me into it - I actually like it. Quite subtle, which is fine.

I also opted for the Porsche design clock, which I like. And, a pic of the wheels for fun. Pirelli!

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_165734372

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_233938255

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_233948251

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_234003247

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_234037172

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_234322651

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_234345199.PORTRAIT

Porsche Taycan New Years Eve Delivery Day: Frozen Blue GTS (finally!) PXL_20230101_234136385

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
The copper stitching looks really good! Congrats on finally getting your car. I think everything is tastefully done on your car. I much prefer this leather feel over RaceTex.
Sponsored