First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Hi all,

Newbie here, picking up my 22 plate CT Turbo on the 31st.
Really looking forward to finally owning a Porsche !
Had some lovely ICE cars and more recently made the move to electric.
Been driving a Tesla M3P for the past 3 years and the time felt right to move to the Porsche family.
Looking forward to interacting as much as possible on here, but will be looking and learning to start off with; I found being a member of the Tesla Owners Club incredibly beneficial from an educational and experience perspective.
I am looking to acquaint myself to the charging etiquette and options as well as more general Taycan information.

Go easy on me !
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chalks99

Chalks99

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
I picked up the new chariot today, a couple of Gremlins but I’m reassured that these will be ironed out very soon. Great dealer experience (Porsche Solihull) will enjoy the time getting to know the car tomorrow.

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S On Order, Tesla M3P, A35 AMG
Country flag
Congratulations on your new car, don’t forget to post a few pics and your first impressions!!

Fozzwoody

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carrera 4s Convertible, BMW 520d
Country flag
Hi there,
What were you meaning in terms of wanting to know more about charging etiquette and options? Were you wondering about public chargers other than the Supercharger network?

OP
OP
Chalks99

Chalks99

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Hi there,
What were you meaning in terms of wanting to know more about charging etiquette and options? Were you wondering about public chargers other than the Supercharger network?
Hi, yes; exactly that, which providers do people choose to use ? I don’t cover many miles so may well be able to cope with local dealership and home charger. What are people’s experiences at Tesla Superchargers? I appreciate that more and more are being opened up to non-Tesla vehicles. Does the DC charging socket access cause issues at Tesla Superchargers as it’s at the front where all Tesla charge from offside rear panel. Just interested to hear people’s views.

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
I walk past one of the opened Tesla Supercharger forecourts regularly. Looking at the layout and the length of the cables, I think it would be impossible to charge a Taycan at this site. I will give it a go sometime…

Porsche Taycan Newbie - Awaiting CT Turbo A1207CBF-70E4-40C2-95EB-6233C95560F6

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S On Order, Tesla M3P, A35 AMG
Country flag
I walk past one of the opened Tesla Supercharger forecourts regularly. Looking at the layout and the length of the cables, I think it would be impossible to charge a Taycan at this site. I will give it a go sometime…

A1207CBF-70E4-40C2-95EB-6233C95560F6.jpeg
The layout with the chargers at 90 degrees to those are much easier as the charger would already be halfway down the bonnet. I admit it will be a challenge tho!