Newbie here, best way to order winter tires?

PythonCoder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hi all,
Just got my RWD 2 weeks ago and planning to get a set of winter tires to put it on.
My dealer is far away(in another city) so I'm planning to switch to another dealer that's closer to where I lived.
Should I reached out to the sales or service team at the local dealership for ordering tires?
I'm also considering other shops like Discount Tire. Anyone has experience with them can provide any recommendation on what's the better way in terms of quality and price?

One thing is I'm staying in apartment so I'll also need a place to store my summer tires. In this case is it better to store at the local dealer?
Thanks!
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've used Discount Tire for my Cayenne and previous Cayman successfully. The store is nearer my house than the dealer. I'm in FL so snow tires are not involved. After my first flat in the Taycan I bought tire protection package from Discount Tires for the tires that came on the car. Subsequently got a a second flat and was covered.

OP
OP

PythonCoder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I've used Discount Tire for my Cayenne and previous Cayman successfully. The store is nearer my house than the dealer. I'm in FL so snow tires are not involved. After my first flat in the Taycan I bought tire protection package from Discount Tires for the tires that came on the car. Subsequently got a a second flat and was covered.
Thanks for the input. Similar situation here, Discount Tires is 0.3mi away from my place while the dealer is like 30 mins drive.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
You can always reach out to the service department at the dealer. I know ours will store your summer wheels/and install the winter wheels each season. Not sure what the cost of this service would be.
Sponsored