Newbie question miles to km, charging to 90%?

Kip1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla sp100d, Taycan on order
Country flag
Hi Everyone!

Coming from a Tesla Model S Performance and struggling with the logic of the system. 1st Porsche in 5 years. Went to Tesla from a Panamera Turbo S Powerkit.

The car has km readings, but the app has miles. How do I change the unit settings in the app?

How do I set the car to charge only to 90% or is the Porsche logic such that as the full battery capacity is not used, we always charge to 100%?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Porsche Taycan Newbie question miles to km, charging to 90%? Screenshot_20210605-124400_Chrome
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
In the app, my account/settings/units.

In terms of charging, here’s how I understand it. Max/min charging setpoints are configured using charging profiles. You can set these up using the PCM or to some extent using the app.

If you enable the “general” profile, you can set what Porsche confusingly calls the “minimum charge level”, which is actually the maximum SOC the car will achieve when you plug it in. By default, the general profile is set to 25%, meaning the car won’t charge if it’s already at more than 25% SOC.

So using the Tesla “keep it plugged in” paradigm, you could set the general profile to charge to say 80-85% and you’d be all set.

However, there are threads like this one here in the forum that indicate that you should allow the Taycan to discharge to a certain SOC before recharging again, vs just always topping up the Tesla. In order to do that, you would need to setting up additional profile(s) beyond the General profile that allow you configure a charging range vs just a “minimum” target SOC.

OP
OP

Kip1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. In Finland we have a web app, not an actual app. There is no such thread

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi Everyone!

Coming from a Tesla Model S Performance and struggling with the logic of the system. 1st Porsche in 5 years. Went to Tesla from a Panamera Turbo S Powerkit.

The car has km readings, but the app has miles. How do I change the unit settings in the app?

How do I set the car to charge only to 90% or is the Porsche logic such that as the full battery capacity is not used, we always charge to 100%?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Screenshot_20210605-124400_Chrome.jpg
in the vehicle settings you can change the readout to KM from miles.
and if you read the manual you'd see that like the tesla it is not ideal to charge the car to 100% soc, the recommended level of charge is 80%

OP
OP

Kip1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
in the vehicle settings you can change the readout to KM from miles.
and if you read the manual you'd see that like the tesla it is not ideal to charge the car to 100% soc, the recommended level of charge is 80%
In a Tesla you never charge to 100%. In the vehicle settings the car has been changed to km. Still in the webapp there is no abovementioned thread and the app is in miles.

OP
OP

Kip1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its this webapp that is shit. There is no settings possibility...
Porsche Taycan Newbie question miles to km, charging to 90%? Screenshot_20210605-141217_Chrome

OP
OP

Kip1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No settings... honestly I feel like an idiot not being able to change the units. Why doesnt it use the settings of the car??
Porsche Taycan Newbie question miles to km, charging to 90%? Screenshot_20210605-142002_Chrome

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
On My Porsche portal you can configure what you need however I think there is a 'feature' (aka bug) which won't let you change the km to miles (or vice versa) on the portal page unless I missed something. Similar issue on PMCC - mine always timestamps charging sessions GMT -6 hrs and there is no way to change it (Porsche Connect Support Team confirm the phenomenon but so far haven't addressed).

Poor coding / locale settings which should be pretty simple to pick up from the end users device / location / region - we were doing this 30 years ago!

Only charge to 100% if you will use the car on the same day otherwise 80% - 85% is the recommendation which is pretty mean and protects Porsche more that the owner. Oddly, my dealer always charges my car to 100% when in for work etc. so who knows what's right / what's wrong. You have an 8 year battery life!

OP
OP

Kip1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So after changing the language to Finnish, it is now km ?‍♂

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
No settings... honestly I feel like an idiot not being able to change the units. Why doesnt it use the settings of the car??
Screenshot_20210605-142002_Chrome.jpg
You seem to be logged in via Porsche U.K. try to log in via the Finnish portal instead. Once you go through the U.K. address you will see miles. And surely there is a Porsche Connect app to download in Finland.

OP
OP

Kip1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You seem to be logged in via Porsche U.K. try to log in via the Finnish portal instead. Once you go through the U.K. address you will see miles. And surely there is a Porsche Connect app to download in Finland.
No there is not...

Porsche Taycan Newbie question miles to km, charging to 90%? Screenshot_20210605-154102_Google Play Store

Frogsfarms

First Name
hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have exactly the same problem.
Do you have the Dutch URL also?
Thank you in advance...
Sponsored