WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Hi all. My names Wayne. I've ordered a Crayon Grey 93kw RWD Taycan last week. Will be a while before it arrives but I thought I'd register and say hi.

Lots of very useful threads on here. I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum!

Its my first EV. I've had a few hybrids now (BMW, Merc) so thought I'd take the leap. The Tesla's didn't really attract me but the Taycan is, well a Porsche!

Anyways thought better to say hello than just read and lurk.

Cheers Wayne.
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
This is forum is an absolute treasure trove of information and helpful members. I read this forum religiously for over a year prior to get my car. By the time it came, I knew exactly what to do, what apps to download and use, what to expect from the PCM, how to setup up charging, etc. I have had a problem free experience with my car since picking it up in April thanks largely to the members of this forum.

Welcome!

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is forum is an absolute treasure trove of information and helpful members. I read this forum religiously for over a year prior to get my car. By the time it came, I knew exactly what to do, what apps to download and use, what to expect from the PCM, how to setup up charging, etc. I have had a problem free experience with my car since picking it up in April thanks largely to the members of this forum.

Welcome!
Cool thanks for the welcome. Yes lots of questions. Need to get a charger installed at home next. I've been charging my hybrid in my garage on a wall socket! That won't do for the Taycan.

Also need to workout what charging card network is best in the UK. I only really charge the hybrid at home.

Lots of questions but plenty of time to get sorted ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Welcome! ? Lots of UK owners on here I've noticed.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome! ? Lots of UK owners on here I've noticed.
Thanks mate. Yes I'm also starting to see more on the road too. Can't wait for it to arrive! Haven't got my delivery date yet as only ordered it just over a week ago. :)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Cool thanks for the welcome. Yes lots of questions. Need to get a charger installed at home next. I've been charging my hybrid in my garage on a wall socket! That won't do for the Taycan.

Also need to workout what charging card network is best in the UK. I only really charge the hybrid at home.

before you go shopping a charger, check with dealer what you are getting with a car.
i’m getting a mobile charger with taycan (22kwh) so according to my dealer, i don‘t need any additional, but i don‘t know for UK.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
before you go shopping a charger, check with dealer what you are getting with a car.
i’m getting a mobile charger with taycan (22kwh) so according to my dealer, i don‘t need any additional, but i don‘t know for UK.
Thanks mate I'll do that. I'm getting t through my company so I'll check once I have delivery confirmation.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I've finally got an estimated delivery date! February 2022:oops::oops:. Maybe is because I'm ordering it through my company car fleet option. Disappointed but worth the wait. In the meantime I'm off tomorrow to look at a 1969 911t project to buy so it's not all doom and gloom :like:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
February ‘22 is not bad at all.
i’ve been told that if one sign a contract today, delivery date is 8-9 months.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
February ‘22 is not bad at all.
i’ve been told that if one sign a contract today, delivery date is 8-9 months.
Yeah I know mate. I think it's because I'd been told informally December. Jonny impatient pants Cole I am :)

Reactions: B61

Hickpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

same car on order but in white. Came very close to ordering Crayon tbf.
Have a pod point charger at home been great (for ipace) and I don’t bother with any charge cards. Rarely charge up away from home and it all seems to be moving set from network cards to a tap of the old contactless….
When I started with ipace nearly 3 years ago, the charger network was pathetic, taking you longer to order, register and top up cards than it did to charge. But being all excitable I did the graft. Was a pointless exercise so save yourself the bother and just tap the old DD card or Apple Pay on your Phone.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
same car on order but in white. Came very close to ordering Crayon tbf.
Have a pod point charger at home been great (for ipace) and I don’t bother with any charge cards. Rarely charge up away from home and it all seems to be moving set from network cards to a tap of the old contactless….
When I started with ipace nearly 3 years ago, the charger network was pathetic, taking you longer to order, register and top up cards than it did to charge. But being all excitable I did the graft. Was a pointless exercise so save yourself the bother and just tap the old DD card or Apple Pay on your Phone.
Nice mate I nearly went with the white! Yeah I'm thinking similar with the charging now. Family home is in the NE Sunderland so I'll charge it there moslty. Looking at a Zappi home charger. I have an apartment in York for work. That's off street parking but no charging option due to lease restrictions. So I may have to charge occasionally on the "network" down there. I'm pretty calm about it. There's options currently and will get better as the network improves.
Sponsored