NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The EV Panamera will cater for the current Panamera LWB market, so a bigger more luxurious executive barge to compete with the S-class.
it’s unfortunate because nothing competes with the S-Class. That’s in a class of its own. Porsche might as well not even try to and stick to what they know and what’s working for them and making money.
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I saw that article when it came out.

I don't generally read too much in to what Autocar say (although that does seem to have a lot of info in it and rings true).

I am surprised they have not done one of their renderings, which is often just a complete guess of what it might look like.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Article starts with...
"Not one automaker currently sells a two-door all-electric coupe. Yes, not a single one. "

Yet, there's been an EV two-door coupe in our driveway for nearly a year.

IMG_9693.jpg
Send them an invite to come see it, then report it as breaking news! ;)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
A Taycan is considerably sportier than a Panamera -- it's a four door 911. It's unfortunate that the new car is reportedly on a shared Volkswagen platform. The Taycan being on a bespoke Porsche platform for the first gen made it "special" and a "real Porsche".
"Special" as in lots of bugs?

I am happy they make a solid platform in the VW group and then put some Porsche extras in and tune the car for Porsche drivers. Looking forward to it!

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I would welcome more Panamera luxury - the Taycan's interior is cool, but a lot of plastic and thin carpets. Does not feel £120k to me...

Deleted member 6348

"Special" as in lots of bugs?

I am happy they make a solid platform in the VW group and then put some Porsche extras in and tune the car for Porsche drivers. Looking forward to it!
I haven't experienced a lot of bugs in my 2022. The big software update took care of some odd behaviors.

I would not want any Volkswagen-based infotainment. Their software is a hot mess.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Article starts with...
"Not one automaker currently sells a two-door all-electric coupe. Yes, not a single one. "

Yet, there's been an EV two-door coupe in our driveway for nearly a year.

IMG_9693.jpg
Your's is an estate wagon not a coupe.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
sigh me up for the 2dr taycan coupe concept.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
A Taycan is considerably sportier than a Panamera -- it's a four door 911. It's unfortunate that the new car is reportedly on a shared Volkswagen platform. The Taycan being on a bespoke Porsche platform for the first gen made it "special" and a "real Porsche".
The Taycan's platform is based on the MSB platform (the Panamera one), just with extremely heavy modifications. The non-EV electronics are just MSB ones, which are partially shared with Audi's MLB platform.

SSP is most likely a Porsche-led platform, a high performance adaptation of the PPE platform (which is Audi-led).

They map pretty well to historical platforms:

- MQB -> MEB, VW-led
- MLB -> PPE, Audi-led
- MSB -> SSP, Porsche-led

And then there's always cross-bleeding, but the primary models for each platform come from the brand that took the lead. I'm not to concerned. Porsche is incredibly good at making even MLB cars feel like real Porsches, they'll be fine with SSP too.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche is incredibly good at making even MLB cars feel like real Porsches, they'll be fine with SSP too.
Especially if it improves the overall quality!

All the little rattling, bugs, missing features for that price? Well, the new model I certainly would need to test drive to see, if it's ok.