Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
According to the article Porsche, Volkswagen, etc are having many issues with the software for the next generation EV platform. Not sure what affect this would have on the Taycan other than maybe a longer period until the next generation change of the car. Maybe Porsche will just do an extra facelift change in the interim.

The article mentions the EV version of the Maycan will be pushed back to next year due to software.

https://www.motor1.com/news/597948/...QA9gKTUkdiuRNceHOibxEAdhsR_kDdmpvNXtE=.QWPKxN
Sponsored

OP
OP
Leawood CT

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
They should never have fired the diesel gate software team. At least they did their job correctly.
I had a 2013 Cayenne Diesel. Wonderful SUV that I put 130,000+ miles on. Porsche and Bosch gave me about $10k and a 120,000 mile warranty for all the Dieselgate trouble, which was absolutely zero trouble to me. Oddly, the Porsche Dieselgate fix also officially included, along with the money, warranty, and hardware (new catalytic convertor), a free full wax and detail. I just find it funny that some meeting at Porsche about Dieselgate somehow ended in "you know, let's throw in a wax and detail just for good measure". :like:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
According to the article Porsche, Volkswagen, etc are having many issues with the software for the next generation EV platform. Not sure what affect this would have on the Taycan other than maybe a longer period until the next generation change of the car. Maybe Porsche will just do an extra facelift change in the interim.

The article mentions the EV version of the Maycan will be pushed back to next year due to software.

https://www.motor1.com/news/597948/audi-porsche-bentley-evs-delayed/?utm_source=US Motor1 Insider Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=US_M1_20220713_InsiderNL_132&_kx=nFSCumQA9gKTUkdiuRNceHOibxEAdhsR_kDdmpvNXtE=.QWPKxN
this is disappointing but plausible - non-Tesla EV gusy are way way way behind on the software angle - I remember and interview with some Tesla engineers in the early days they realized they could not use "the supply chain" because it wasn't agile enough for software updates and being able ot integrate everything the way you want to…so they had to take on a lot of stuff thenselves which the existing manufacturers laughed and pointed at them for doing - we're now full circle on that and the existing guys are going to have to pull this all in house…

I think 10-12 years late and watching VW/Audi/Porsch flail around trying to do any software updates, much less OTA updates you can see that Tesla was right…

my son's Model Y just recieved another meaningful update last week with no visit to the dealership…

Last edited:
OP
OP
Leawood CT

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
this is disappointing but plausible - non-Tesla EV gusy are way way way behind on the software angle - I remember and interview with some Tesla engineers in the early days they realized they could not use "the supply chain" because it wasn't agile enough for software updates and being able ot integrate everything the way you want to…so they had to take on a lot of stuff thenselves which the existing manufacturers laughed and pointed at them for doing - we're not full circle on that and the existing guys are going to have to pull this all in house…

I think 10-12 years late and watching VW/Audi/Porsch flail around trying to do any software updates, much less OTA updates you can see that Tesla was right…

my son's Model Y just recieved another meaningful update last week with no visit to the dealership…
" so they had to take on a lot of stuff themselves which the existing manufacturers laughed and pointed at them for doing"...much like Apple has done with their products, which it seems to have worked out pretty well for them. Tesla is to EVs what Apple is to mobile phones? I do feel that if any car company can make this eventually work very well, it is Porsche. There is some great engineering in that company. Hopefully the Volkswagen overlords stay out of the way.
Sponsored