Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I did submit a report after being advised by another forum member! Very happy I listened. The NHTSA actually contacted me to get more information which I was happy to provide. My car did it again and Porsche USA contacted me and did not want to buy the car back, instead they offered to cover 2 car payments if I agreed to allow them to wipe the record clean on my car, (meaning to erase the service records and act as if I never had this problem) I humbly declined as I will not let them off the hook for a safety issue as huge as this. They ultimately did a software update and things have been good thus far.
Bribery?!?! This in not good! I just put a deposit in for an allocation and am thinking twice.
Sponsored

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
My car did it again and Porsche USA contacted me and did not want to buy the car back, instead they offered to cover 2 car payments if I agreed to allow them to wipe the record clean on my car, (meaning to erase the service records and act as if I never had this problem) I humbly declined as I will not let them off the hook for a safety issue as huge as this.
This is likely a violation of Porsche Business Conduct guidelines. You should report it this through Porsche's Compliance program

Last edited:

VladimirS

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have such problem on my 4S! It's not funny at all!!! Just after start moving mark "Transmission failure. Park vehicle safely". I was just in the middle of traffic. Happened 2 times. Dealer still can't fix. After 10 days of waiting got exchange car. If it will continue going to return the car or sue Porsche. Imaging my family will be inside? It's really disaster

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
My car was worked on here in Switzerland and they have changed the control box for the transmission and the actual switching mechanism for the same. also measured and controlled the power loss in the cabling….. Got the car back this afternoon and will keep you posted if the problem reapers……. :cool: until then

As the car was in for the umpteenth time I also decided to order a new 2022 one, hoping it will be a little more reliable. ?

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
My car was worked on here in Switzerland and they have changed the control box for the transmission and the actual switching mechanism for the same. also measured and controlled the power loss in the cabling….. Got the car back this afternoon and will keep you posted if the problem reapers……. :cool: until then

As the car was in for the umpteenth time I also decided to order a new 2022 one, hoping it will be a little more reliable. ?
Mind fetching me a '22 as well? 4S or Turbo, whichever.

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Cayenne, 911
Country flag
The media certainly have a wrong description talking about the 12v battery cutting off. Maybe they confuse the 12v brick issue with the power loss while driving. When the power loss while driving happens the 12v supply is fine, the screens are on but the car does not move. At least this is the case with the latest reports after the WMA5/6 update and the bug is attributed to DME software.

However, it is a good first step for a big agency to finally hold Porsche accountable for the issue. I hope the investigation makes Porsche stop releasing poorly-tested software updates and adhoc patches and they should take our safety more seriously.
I experienced the “electrical error” issue after the software update. The car was fine before. Thankfully my error only happened upon start up in my garage. After 15 mins the fault seemed to clear itself and I was able to start the car. Brought it to the dealer and they did the “DME software patch” that was supposed to fix the problem. Car was fine for about 2 weeks and then I experienced the same fault again. Luckily it reset itself and everything is back to normal again. I have another appointment at the dealer for next week. Very discouraging.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I experienced the “electrical error” issue after the software update. The car was fine before. Thankfully my error only happened upon start up in my garage. After 15 mins the fault seemed to clear itself and I was able to start the car. Brought it to the dealer and they did the “DME software patch” that was supposed to fix the problem. Car was fine for about 2 weeks and then I experienced the same fault again. Luckily it reset itself and everything is back to normal again. I have another appointment at the dealer for next week. Very discouraging.
The DME patch is supposed to address the "Motor control error" and the "Engine Computer error" faults which are allegedly introduced by the WMA5/6 update.
The "Electrical Error" is probably something else, something that might require hardward to be replaced, like the big battery, converter or 12v battery. Have your dealer do a proper diagnosis and repair.

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Such

Indeed! That is such a bad response, copied straight from VW PR department..
That is why when reporting to NHTSA it is important to describe not only the problem but also the dealer's response so the investigator has a better picture of reality.
Yes, you have to provide EVERY detail! I sent the NHTSA copies of my service records from Porsche as well as the email from Porsche USA offering to waive 2 of my payments. They said if I accepted the offer it would wipe the service record clean and If I had the same isuse essential it started over the 30 day time period for them to buy my car back! I was not interested! I just want them to own and fix these issues.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The second time it happened was upon startup also ? If so, it might be a different issue. Not good obviously, but much better upon startup than while driving.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo stopped working with no notice or warning. Almost was rear ended.
NHSTA has been contacted. Numerous issues with this Taycan Turbo that I have. I have all photos as well. Happy to post to help others.
What was the error message in your case when the car died?

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo stopped working with no notice or warning. Almost was rear ended.
NHTSA has been contacted. Numerous issues with this Taycan Turbo that I have. I have all photos as well. Happy to post to help others.
Did you have the big software updates done before the loss of power issue?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

May I ask at what center you got the repairs done? In case I have to do those too ?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
NHTSA has been contacted. Numerous issues with this Taycan Turbo that I have. I have all photos as well. Happy to post to help others.
"Almost was rear ended."
Don't blame the Taycan for other peoples bad driving. ✌

Reactions: Dee

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Interesting...I purchased my Taycan Turbo ( having put the deposit down back in 2018 ) assuming the Porsche brand would stand for reliability and dependable. I took possession July 7, 2020. By August 2nd the first error to come on was : Electrical system error. Stop vehicle in a safe place. Four battery lights were on with an exclamation point. Porsche went out on a flatbed to the shop.
Read an article which showed a Taycan caught fire in a Florida Garage....August 5th, No navigation data was available.......WBA limited light on in the middle of driving....August 6th: Automatic light control error...VEHICLE LIGHT ERROR : SERVICE REQUIRED LIGHT ON....August 19th : Electrical System error ..Stop vehicle in a safe place light on ......The red batteries with exclamation point.....August 20 : Car would not allow me to put it in drive or reverse........August 21 : the dc to dc convertor ordered from Germany.....Sept. 19th....Charger all red. would not charge the car. Red plug light on as well......Was told to reset car to factory settings by Porsche. while they were on the line so they could talk me through it.. Message : Resetting to factory settings failed. Please try again after restarting the vehicle......WAS ON THE PHONE WITH PORSCHE North America for 2.6 HOURS>>>>. Not a typo...OVER TWO AND A HALF HOURS>>>WITH NOTHING HELPING WITH MY CAR>>>>>April 5th....after big update......high voltage a/c compressor is not turning on and showing a fault.......April 13, car will not communicate properly to charge......May 15th Engine Control error light....Car inoperable....May 25th.....Red light on....Charging is not possible on any charger..........Charging unit had already been taken in for that update.......I have photos of every single issue...... Currently own 4 Porsches.....This Taycan Turbo is UNACCEPTABLE ........Should anyone have questions about my other types...A 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, a Platinum Edition SUV, and a 718 Caymant GT4...Previously owned a 718 Cayman but upgraded to the Cayman GT4, I will be happy to assist or answer questions. I am a loyal Porsche owner......The Taycan is the most nerve-racking. Glad I didn't have the car stop working in the middle of my 4 1/2 - 5 hour a day commute on I-4 yet. If it does it there, I will not stand a chance........Scary.......
lemon the car,,, you have the documentation... no need to stick with it... its clearly a defective build.

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Cayenne, 911
Country flag
Trying....They offered me hush money last year....Upped the amount this year....I countered....they said no.....Glad .....Still having issues......Now NHTSA getting involved.......Never posted prior....but let Porsche North America know I would so someone doesn't have to experience similar issues.....DO THEY CALL US CLIENTS --- OR VICTIMS ?????
OMG. This is terrible. You definitely have a bad build. Something seriously wrong. Many of us seem to have software difficulties but some have part defects as well. A common issue seems to be problems with the software update. I had no issues with the car for 4500 miles until the software update.
Sponsored