felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
May I ask at what center you got the repairs done? In case I have to do those too ?
Lausanne…. but they were directly instructed via Porsche Switzerland…………
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you wanted lemon your car, if they didn't take your first request, you should be talking to a lemon law lawyer, and not posting on an internet forum until you get your case resolved... (unless your lawyer says you can post details online)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
THe car seems to be working mostly…… Had the door electronics go a little weird on me a couple of times so could not open the driver door to get out……. but after a while it let me out…… :) also some of my settings such as ambient lighting do not stay with the color I select so I think it will have to go in again quite soon…….. a bit tedious……….

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Well to put it in perspective, my Teslas were named Event Horizon I and II, respectively, for their nefariousness. I kept the tradition with the Taycan but hopefully it doesn’t pan out that way in the end...

Day1taycan

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So looks like my repurchase request got denied by Porsche. Not sure what they are thinking considering my car shut off on the high way after owning it for a day. Really not happy

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
So looks like my repurchase request got denied by Porsche. Not sure what they are thinking considering my car shut off on the high way after owning it for a day. Really not happy
because there is a specific schedule of events that have to occur before they would buy back the car. there are time limits regarding how long the car is down for service , the number of events, the arbitration agreement that you agreed to and state laws all come into play. porsche will not buy back the car based on one incident. I know that a catastrophic failure that you and others experienced is cause for extreme caution and alarm on your part but from a legal perspective you haven't a leg to stand on at this point regarding forcing a buy back.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I understand that. My car has numerous issues all the time. I posted the list and the dates.
Right and it sounds terrible, it truly does. It does sound like you got a lemon (which is not the case for most of the issues here). Others have mentioned that the best solution may be to engage a lawyer, arbitration or not, and take action to return the car.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My car shut down while driving which almost caused me to be rear ended. The other driver had to swerve into the grass on the shoulder. My Taycan was stuck on the roadway. Would not allow me to turn the wheel or anything. Couldn't accelerate or use the brakes. They were inoperable.
No gas, no breaks, no steering???
This is new, right?
Nobody has reported the error to be this extensive.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The NHTSA number is now 30 (23 for 2020, 7 for 2021). It was 9 when the investigation started. One complaint per day.
I've just canceled my order. I don't like to be afraid of losing power every time I drive Taycan after paying $100+k.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The NHTSA number is now 30 (23 for 2020, 7 for 2021). It was 9 when the investigation started. One complaint per day.
I've just canceled my order. I don't like to be afraid of losing power every time I drive Taycan after paying $100+k.
Minor correction.
- 29 are for loss of automotive power and
- 1 is for the safety systems like WBA and ParkAssist failing intermittently. That's also a reportable complaint since it involves safety systems that are expected to work.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I am going to go out on a limb and say you didn’t have an order. I mean sure, you had an order, have been reading the forum, doing research, put the money down. Then saw the reports, canceled and came here to make the one post saying you cancelled.

Yup makes perfect sense. I have been driving mine after paying money for almost 1.5 year with neither a power loss nor the fear of a power loss. I guess I am just fearless.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Mazda 6 - LOL

29 reports vs. 10,000 cars in the US - yeah it’s a problem no doubt - but wide spread isn’t confirmed - porsche will fix it.

MLD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can add me with my 2021 Taycan Turbo to the list. I was driving on an Interstate highway and saw the "Engine Control Error" message and advised to find a place to park. The car began decelerating and would not respond to pressing the accelerator pedal. An exit was coming up so I managed to get onto that exit and roll through the stop sign at the bottom of the ramp so that I was half in and half off the shoulder. The car wouldn't move forward or do anything other than continue with the air conditioning (thankfully).

I contacted Porsche through the Breakdown call button on the PCM and they arranged for a towing service to come get the car and take me to the nearby dealership (20 minutes away). It took 3 hours for that to happen. I contacted the dealership in the meantime to see whether they could get me a loaner car or even a ride home. "No" on both.

After 90 minutes, the car turned itself off while we waited for that towing service and I turned it back on to be able to use the air conditioning. It came back on and the message cleared. I was tempted to try driving it to the dealership but I was in a relatively safe place and didn't know whether the car would become un-drivable again, this time perhaps with even a worse safety outcome.

One interesting outcome, though, was that I had the opportunity to test the Taycan battery drain if stopped but operating the air conditioning. Over a little more than 2 hours in the direct sunlight with the outside air temperature of 94-95 F and the "feels like" temperature of just over 100 F. I kept the air conditioning set to keep the car at 71 F. I operated the other controls (like radio and telephone) during that time. The battery charge level dropped a consistent 1% every 25 minutes. I think we can assume this is about the worst case normal situation. So, if you stopped when you were at, say, 70% battery charge, you could stay with everything operating for about 29 hours.

I'll also take a look at the NHTSA website to see about reporting a safety problem.

Besides being able to do nothing to help me in any way whatsoever, the Porsche dealership (Porsche of Hilton Head) says they can't even look at the car for a week so I am without a car with nobody caring in the least. The only worse customer service I've ever had with a car company was with Tesla.

Porsche Taycan NHTSA investigating Taycan power loss issue Engine Control Error

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The stories of some of the american Porsche dealers are unbelievable... Sorry you had to experience that. You could have driven home safely after the "reboot". I don't know if people experienced the issue twice, especially in a row. That is my guess from reading the forum at least.

Hope everything goes well. I'd complain at the dealer for taking the car a week and not offering anything for the meantime..

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Sucks man - sorry to hear. Really sucks about no loaner. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful premier dealer. Agreed about Tesla service - they're the worst in the industry. Good luck!
Sponsored