No air coming out of the drivers side air vent?

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Just an update on this; got a call this week to let me know they now have all the parts and car is scheduled for end of the month.

Estimate is a two day job, will post update after work is complete.
Sponsored

Jimmyboy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Great to hear, took only 2 weeks for my parts to arrive. However dealership told me dash does not need to be removed.

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For mine they have to slide it forward to replace the venting that did not have the pop-out for the driver vent. Yours exactly same issue?

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, work finally completed (big shout out to Jeremy and Sean at Porsche North Olmsted! They took great care of the job and kept me informed throughout the process).

The scary picture of the dash and four displays removed…..

Porsche Taycan No air coming out of the drivers side air vent? 53CD1C26-A683-48D4-9684-B46619975563

And for the root cause, the piece of foam not removed during manufacturing….

Porsche Taycan No air coming out of the drivers side air vent? 30075A87-4F34-4284-A22F-A3F5ABE5888C

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So it’s not a faulty part that caused ?
Nope; assembly line failure - someone didn’t pull the foam out of the center and so no air could flow!

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Nope; assembly line failure - someone didn’t pull the foam out of the center and so no air could flow!
That is terrible but hilarious at the same time. Sorry you have to experience this.

Jimmyboy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You would think air coming out of drivers side would be part of quality control before the car leaves the factory. :)

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope they are least made it as part of pdi now.
I didn’t notice for some time - noticed it once needed air conditioning this last summer.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
So, work finally completed (big shout out to Jeremy and Sean at Porsche North Olmsted! They took great care of the job and kept me informed throughout the process).

The scary picture of the dash and four displays removed…..

53CD1C26-A683-48D4-9684-B46619975563.jpeg

And for the root cause, the piece of foam not removed during manufacturing….

30075A87-4F34-4284-A22F-A3F5ABE5888C.jpeg
OH MY GOD

They managed to remove the passenger's side A pillar cover! That's a world's first (among the dashcam community). Please ask how they managed.

About the rest... I'm glad you finally got it sorted but the work to get to it... it looks like a bomb went off in the inside. I hope no rattles creep into that. What a mess indeed.

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OH MY GOD

They managed to remove the passenger's side A pillar cover! That's a world's first (among the dashcam community). Please ask how they managed.

About the rest... I'm glad you finally got it sorted but the work to get to it... it looks like a bomb went off in the inside. I hope no rattles creep into that. What a mess indeed.
I think getting the a-pillar cover off was probably the least of his challenges on this one :)

so far no new rattles or squeaks - this was a big concern of mine and my dealer - they took their time and did road tests etc.

I was nervous about this job even before they sent me the picture - to the point that if it hadn’t been the drivers side I would have left it :)

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think getting the a-pillar cover off was probably the least of his challenges on this one :)

so far no new rattles or squeaks - this was a big concern of mine and my dealer - they took their time and did road tests etc.

I was nervous about this job even before they sent me the picture - to the point that if it hadn’t been the drivers side I would have left it :)
I was being mildly sarcastic purposefully driving away attention of the main intervention.

On a serious note, it kinda brings into perspective the tremendous amount of work it requires to "fix" a factory glitch.

I hope your car will be perfect from now on

OP
OP

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was being mildly sarcastic purposefully driving away attention of the main intervention.

On a serious note, it kinda brings into perspective the tremendous amount of work it requires to "fix" a factory glitch.

I hope your car will be perfect from now on
thank you - been very happy with this car. Had the early alarm issue (got my car December 2022), found this issue in late summer; but neither have taken away from the enjoyment of this car.
Sponsored