2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Dealer re-ran the level 2 or 3 or whatever they called it, and now android auto working perfectly!! Have them call Porsche Austin if they need a reference.
Thank you for the info! I have scheduled service but first time i got is 6 weeks from now. So long wait to get AA working.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
Android Auto is working with both a wired or wireless connection after my MY20 4S was updated.

PXL_20220816_133626862.jpg
How did you get the wireless to work? Mine is only working when plugged in? Also, when I linked Spotify through the Porsche app, it still hasnt updated on my car (greyed out)....any idea of what I'm missing?

OP
OP
BeauJTaylor

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How did you get the wireless to work? Mine is only working when plugged in? Also, when I linked Spotify through the Porsche app, it still hasnt updated on my car (greyed out)....any idea of what I'm missing?
I have a MY20 so I had NO android auto before the update. After the update, the wireless AA was automatic, so I'm not sure how to go from wired only to wireless. It almost sounds like your update wasn't completed if you're also having Spotify issues. Did you have wired AA before the update?

Reactions: Dee
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
I have a MY20 so I had NO android auto before the update. After the update, the wireless AA was automatic, so I'm not sure how to go from wired only to wireless. It almost sounds like your update wasn't completed if you're also having Spotify issues. Did you have wired AA before the update?
I didnt have wired Android prior to the update.

OP
OP
BeauJTaylor

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didnt have wired Android prior to the update.
Not sure then. Dealer may have to re-visit it. You can try an engineering screen reboot to see if it will unlock the modules. There are a couple threads going around with some of the things people have tried. I was only successful with the dealer re-doing their setup.

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Make sure you've got Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled on your Android phone. If you've got a VPN, turn that off. If you go into the Android Settings on your phone and search for Android Auto, you'll want to check if Wireless Android Auto is enabled.

Okisbaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Not sure then. Dealer may have to re-visit it. You can try an engineering screen reboot to see if it will unlock the modules. There are a couple threads going around with some of the things people have tried. I was only successful with the dealer re-doing their setup.
I am debating buying an MY2020 Turbo vs MY2021 4S, what other improvements did you get after the big uPdate on your My2020?

OP
OP
BeauJTaylor

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am debating buying an MY2020 Turbo vs MY2021 4S, what other improvements did you get after the big uPdate on your My2020?
I think it pretty much level-set it with the other cars feature wise outside of Plug and Charge. I love my Turbo, as long as the price is right I'd go for it!

OP
OP
BeauJTaylor

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also is it a big deal to use the app to charge since no plug and charge?
Yes I use wireless android auto flawlessly now. I don't have any issues charging anywhere, yes you have to do a bit more than just plug in but shrug its not that big of a deal
Sponsored