gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Called dealer close to me and service manager said his certified Taycan tech is out on medical leave for several months. He said they can not do any Taycan repairs. I moved since I got the car and did not buy if from this dealer now close to me. Is this posable or a line of BS. Thank you
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Called dealer close to me and service manager said his certified Taycan tech is out on medical leave for several months. He said they can not do any Taycan repairs. I moved since I got the car and did not buy if from this dealer now close to me. Is this posable or a line of BS. Thank you
sure it is possible, but the dealership isn't holding up their end of the bargain with porsche NA

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Each dealer has to pay to send at least 1 tech for training. How many they send will be based on how many cars they think they're going to be servicing (and they make money servicing).

It's entirely possible a smaller dealer would only have 1 tech certified for a new model that they don't have much allocation for.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Connecticut is a pretty small state (assuming your profile us up to date) and there are about 10 dealers within a 1/2 day's distance from you.

This website will help you find another dealer to assist you.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/dealersearch/

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
I purchased from that dealer; they were very apologetic when I had the motor control error; the service lead there bent over backwards to get me in contact with a dealer that could help. The closer one refused (don't like them anyway) but he found me a dealer who took the car and completed the repair. Although the situation is not ideal, I am satisfied because they worked very hard to accommodate me in the situation. I assume this is hurting them big time since I presume they can't deliver any Taycans at this time.

OP
OP

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I purchased from that dealer; they were very apologetic when I had the motor control error; the service lead there bent over backwards to get me in contact with a dealer that could help. The closer one refused (don't like them anyway) but he found me a dealer who took the car and completed the repair. Although the situation is not ideal, I am satisfied because they worked very hard to accommodate me in the situation. I assume this is hurting them big time since I presume they can't deliver any Taycans at this time.
Thank you. I will try Hoffman to see what they say or probably go back to Danbury. Appreciate your response.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
Thank you. I will try Hoffman to see what they say or probably go back to Danbury. Appreciate your response.
Porsche Fairfield helped me get out of the bind. Very happy with their response. Bad experience with Hoffman Audi, also they refused to help when asked by my dealer.
Sponsored