nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California, RR sport, Evoque
Country flag
If this is what you are experiencing, then I have the same.
5C3CFC72-2E3A-46FC-9137-1FA0501F60FC.jpeg

As you see the driver display was working and car worked correctly, but I stopped driving and parked to get it going again.

car has been atPorsche dealer for over a week and no resolution as yet.

They cannot communicate or update the PCM in any way. The dealer is in contact with Germany, but their response rate is only once per day! Not impressed by that response by Porsche DE.
thats the exact problem i have! car at dealers. Dealer couldnt fit me in for a repair for a number of weeks. i called Porsche assist who took 20 mins to arrive. Of course it wasnt something theu could fix but arranged for it to go straight to dealer with a free hire premium hire car delivered same day. Top service by those guys. Not expecting to see it again anytime soon!!!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
thats the exact problem i have! car at dealers. Dealer couldnt fit me in for a repair for a number of weeks. i called Porsche assist who took 20 mins to arrive. Of course it wasnt something theu could fix but arranged for it to go straight to dealer with a free hire premium hire car delivered same day. Top service by those guys. Not expecting to see it again anytime soon!!!
I never thought of calling Porsche Assist. That is a good advice. I never thought of that as the car drove ok but without these displays working.

My car has now been in for 10 days and still no resolution. And I did not get any loaner or other car.

Porsche France have called as well as Porsche DE, and given a lot of warm words. But no action. But car refuses to respond to any attempt of updates etc. Some modules and cables have been replaced but still no results. So if the technical people at Porsche DE really are engaged it will be a good measure to see how Porsche service will work. But so far I am not impressed.

Seems to be a long wait and the trip we planned with the car has been cancelled.

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I never thought of calling Porsche Assist. That is a good advice. I never thought of that as the car drove ok but without these displays working.

My car has now been in for 10 days and still no resolution. And I did not get any loaner or other car.

Porsche France have called as well as Porsche DE, and given a lot of warm words. But no action. But car refuses to respond to any attempt of updates etc. Some modules and cables have been replaced but still no results. So if the technical people at Porsche DE really are engaged it will be a good measure to see how Porsche service will work. But so far I am not impressed.

Seems to be a long wait and the trip we planned with the car has been cancelled.
I wonder if your issue is the same as mine and same Q to @nidge - in that were the PCM/Centre console actually working i.e the Radio continued to play, parking sensors audio working, haptic feedback on AC etc but it's just the display is blank/not showing anything so you can't tell what you are clicking on? as that's the issue I have, likewise the workaround fix to get it working again is the 2 finger PCM reboot into Engineering mode and back then again to Normal mode.
i.e. for me this is a software timing issue/comms on start-up to the displays rather than a HW fault I suspect.

If so and your issues are the same I think it's quite worrying that Porsche Assist or your dealers don't seem to know how to reboot the PCM properly into Engineering mode?

FWIW - I also tried a complete Factory reset on mine after the 3rd time it happened, hoping that might reset everything and clear any Software gremlins - alas it didn't and mine's going in next week for this apparent Software fix for the issue that the dealers advised Porsche just release last week.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have got my car back today after 10 days in the workshop. Happy to report that the issue with the PCM has been resolved. They have changed some wiring, which I am not convinced had any issues, plus a Connecction module?? I have now changed the Gateway module, OTA module and this Con module, and now it works better than ever. The Connect App is quicker to connect to the car, the CarPlay works quickly and reliable and traffic info seems to load correctly.

And the PCM seems a bit snappier, which is appreciated. I feel that perhaps there is more being downloaded in the background since the Porsche Charging stations is not displayed properly as yet.

I had to redo a lot of settings, language, units, and wait for some updates, but all my destinations and settings have been downloaded. All of my stored Smartlift are also gone, since the car now has a lot of new modules.

I have not tried anything else so far. My car went in originally for the recall update, which has been performed successfully I am told. There is absolutely no difference in driving the car now. No difference in brakes, or other variables. So so far so good!!!

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes this is the same problem (though mine also includes the passenger display also being blank). Never had the problem whilst driving, it's always been when I've unlocked/started the car and they are blank - only workaround I've found is the reboot into engineering mode and back which then turns the screens back on. Problem then comes back randomly after 2-4 days or so.

Let's see what happens with this supposed software fix, I'm due to get next week. ?
Short Update - not Good news! Car went into Tuesday to OPC for the "new software fix" - the dealership couldn't explain to me what was actually getting updated and that there was no service bulletin to describe the fix or what changed. I read that as they don't actually know what they are really doing and just following Porsche HQ instructions.
Anyway - I checked the PCM version numbers before and after and what I can see from the cars SW version numbers they all appeared the same - perhaps it was some Firmware in one of the control modules - who knows? picked car up Tuesday evening, they said update applied fine, should be fixed.

Brings us to today - unlocked car this morning - same issue - all 3 displays won't turn on and are blank, Engineering reboot again brought them back to life - however, I may now have a different issue in that Online Radio, Weather, etc are all not working no - no connection - though LTE module appears to be ok and Green light in SOS. I didn't get a chance to look into that fully yet, perhaps needs a drive around to pick up connectivity again - will do that over the next few days.

Anyway - called OPC again this morning, stated it's not fixed - waiting to hear back on next steps.

In short a complete PITA by both Porsche and the OPC.

I suspect next steps are back to swapping out some HW in the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Short Update - not Good news! Car went into Tuesday to OPC for the "new software fix" - the dealership couldn't explain to me what was actually getting updated and that there was no service bulletin to describe the fix or what changed. I read that as they don't actually know what they are really doing and just following Porsche HQ instructions.
Anyway - I checked the PCM version numbers before and after and what I can see from the cars SW version numbers they all appeared the same - perhaps it was some Firmware in one of the control modules - who knows? picked car up Tuesday evening, they said update applied fine, should be fixed.

Brings us to today - unlocked car this morning - same issue - all 3 displays won't turn on and are blank, Engineering reboot again brought them back to life - however, I may now have a different issue in that Online Radio, Weather, etc are all not working no - no connection - though LTE module appears to be ok and Green light in SOS. I didn't get a chance to look into that fully yet, perhaps needs a drive around to pick up connectivity again - will do that over the next few days.

Anyway - called OPC again this morning, stated it's not fixed - waiting to hear back on next steps.

In short a complete PITA by both Porsche and the OPC.

I suspect next steps are back to swapping out some HW in the car.
There is an OTA module too - potentially this and / or the LTE module are flaky.

Sounds to me that they didn't perform recent upgrades in the correct sequence and attempted to reapply leading to no changes. If engineering mode reboot temporarily addresses the issue that suggests to me the boot sequence is different. It shouldn't be this hard and hugely frustrating.

Completely random suggestion but have you tried resetting the PCM totally and deleting all Porsche Connect IDs from the PCM (whilst connected) and starting afresh? You will lose some settings which you can easily re-create.

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is an OTA module too - potentially this and / or the LTE module are flaky.

Sounds to me that they didn't perform recent upgrades in the correct sequence and attempted to reapply leading to no changes. If engineering mode reboot temporarily addresses the issue that suggests to me the boot sequence is different. It shouldn't be this hard and hugely frustrating.

Completely random suggestion but have you tried resetting the PCM totally and deleting all Porsche Connect IDs from the PCM (whilst connected) and starting afresh? You will lose some settings which you can easily re-create.
Yes - did a complete Factory Reset previously in an attempt to fix prior to the latest SW *fix* - like you said had to redo a lot of settings, some are saved in Porsche ID some not.

I've not tried a reset again after latest update. I might try it again at weekend when have some time, I doubt it will work though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes - did a complete Factory Reset previously in an attempt to fix prior to the latest SW *fix* - like you said had to redo a lot of settings, some are saved in Porsche ID some not.

I've not tried a reset again after latest update. I might try it again at weekend when have some time, I doubt it will work though.
Good luck!

I would be warming the dealer up to purchase the car back and replace - totally not acceptable.

Mike777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello!
I Have the same issue with the screens and only hard reset of PCM is helpful.
Anybody solve such problem ?

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello!
I Have the same issue with the screens and only hard reset of PCM is helpful.
Anybody solve such problem ?
Mine got a new control unit installed today to hopefully fix it. Too soon to tell if it has worked or not. Should be able to confirm in a week if I’ve had no reoccurrence of the issue as prior to HW swap out it would happen every 3 days or so.
What I can say is the opc did half a job in the install as all remote services were not working after the swap out Despite me account being the main user in the pcm.
When I got home I had to do a factory reset of the pcm to then setup and login again with myporscheid to get all the Porsche connect services back.

Mike777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Mine got a new control unit installed today to hopefully fix it. Too soon to tell if it has worked or not. Should be able to confirm in a week if I’ve had no reoccurrence of the issue as prior to HW swap out it would happen every 3 days or so.
What I can say is the opc did half a job in the install as all remote services were not working after the swap out Despite me account being the main user in the pcm.
When I got home I had to do a factory reset of the pcm to then setup and login again with myporscheid to get all the Porsche connect services back.
Thanks for your Feedback !
Please let us know finally is the replacement of control unit fixed the problem or not

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for your Feedback !
Please let us know finally is the replacement of control unit fixed the problem or not
Yes, so far so good - been a week now and seems to have fixed the issue.

Harrica

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021 CT
Country flag
I have a bit of a different problem. My console display is functioning but I am unable to login with my 4 digit passcode or switch to guest, everything is greyed out. Car works I can see that the car is charged and trip information from the connect app. I just can't use the dash displays, since I can't authenticate. I'm going to give it a day to see if it clears.

Harrica

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021 CT
Country flag
I have a bit of a different problem. My console display is functioning but I am unable to login with my 4 digit passcode or switch to guest, everything is greyed out. Car works I can see that the car is charged and trip information from the connect app. I just can't use the dash displays, since I can't authenticate. I'm going to give it a day to see if it clears.
The trouble went away, I wonder if it has something to do with the 3G connection?

NSgla21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C63s
Country flag
Which OPC? Im having a nightmare at Glasgow right now. Car been there nearly two weeks and no sign of me getting it back yet. Was running fine and i reluctantly sent it in for the AMB5 update. They seem to have bricked the PCM trying to install the update....
Sponsored