No Displays - PCM, Passenger Screen and Center Console

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
I wonder if your issue is the same as mine and same Q to @nidge - in that were the PCM/Centre console actually working i.e the Radio continued to play, parking sensors audio working, haptic feedback on AC etc but it's just the display is blank/not showing anything so you can't tell what you are clicking on? as that's the issue I have, likewise the workaround fix to get it working again is the 2 finger PCM reboot into Engineering mode and back then again to Normal mode.
i.e. for me this is a software timing issue/comms on start-up to the displays rather than a HW fault I suspect.

If so and your issues are the same I think it's quite worrying that Porsche Assist or your dealers don't seem to know how to reboot the PCM properly into Engineering mode?

FWIW - I also tried a complete Factory reset on mine after the 3rd time it happened, hoping that might reset everything and clear any Software gremlins - alas it didn't and mine's going in next week for this apparent Software fix for the issue that the dealers advised Porsche just release last week.
I have exactly the same issue - all three screens (centre, upper and passenger displays) are all blank, but the underlying functions still work. I have tried the two finger reboot method numerous times, but just can’t get it to work. My car is a RHD UK model as well. Where about on the screen (and which screen) did you apply your two fingers?
Do you have to have your fingers far apart or close together?
Finally, is there anything special you need to do? E.g. car in park etc.
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Barely ever had issues with my car and today this happened to me out of nowhere. Two Finger reboot fixed it. No recent updates whatsoever. I figure it’s the usual Taycan lifestyle ?

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which OPC? Im having a nightmare at Glasgow right now. Car been there nearly two weeks and no sign of me getting it back yet. Was running fine and i reluctantly sent it in for the AMB5 update. They seem to have bricked the PCM trying to install the update....
OPC Glasgow, they don’t really have a clue when it comes to the Taycan or any of the tech in the car in my experience dealing with them.

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have exactly the same issue - all three screens (centre, upper and passenger displays) are all blank, but the underlying functions still work. I have tried the two finger reboot method numerous times, but just can’t get it to work. My car is a RHD UK model as well. Where about on the screen (and which screen) did you apply your two fingers?
Do you have to have your fingers far apart or close together?
Finally, is there anything special you need to do? E.g. car in park etc.
2 fingers together in the top right of the main pcm screen Hold for a few seconds and the screen will reboot.
You can reboot while driving or in park mode. Safer to do in park.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
2 fingers together in the top right of the main pcm screen Hold for a few seconds and the screen will reboot.
You can reboot while driving or in park mode. Safer to do in park.
Thanks for the reply buddy. I’m booked into the main dealer this morning, but will try again before I set off. They are already talking about a new PCM control unit.
Sponsored